Random PC thoughts on Redskins

I'm just doing some random thinking here and yeah I know it's scary to some. Anyway since Redskins is offensive, I have to wonder about other teams. Is the name Cowboys offensive to Cowgirls? Or maybe this stream of invaders from Central and South America may be offended by the name Patriots. And of course I'm sure the name Jets offends environmentalists screaming about carbon footpr...ints. What do animal rights activists think of the name Broncos or heavens sake the Bengals since Bengal Tigers are endangered? And are little people intimidated by the Giants? And does the name Buccaneers send the message that piracy is ok? And last but not least I am sure atheists are offended by the name Saints. Maybe the government should do away with sports team names and issue them government numbers. Or hey, here is a novel concept. Maybe everyone should should grow up and not be so easily offended and maybe the government should carry out it's constitutional duties and stay out of businesses and private lives. Just wondering.
  • Like 5
The name is a derogatory term. It should be changed. We have discussed it all week at work and I converted three people to agree with me once they understood the facts. The basis of my argument: just because everyone says something is okay, doesn't mean it is. Learn the facts for your and decide. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
  • Like 3
  • Moderators
[quote name="Steelharp" post="1161038" timestamp="1403320181"]Some people just never find their big boy pants. Waaaah. Me? I'm a wop. A dago. Do those terms bother me? Hell, no. I put on my big boy pants decades ago. Get over it.[/quote] This McBeaner agrees with you. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1

if whitey decides it is alright then it is alright.  Never mind about genocide against native americans.  Whitey pretty f'd over the indians and the indians have never recovered from it.

Now random white people want to justify using a racist word to call a football team.

If Snyder had an ounce of sense he'd be proactive about it and change the damn name already.

• Like 2
That's the problem, the few want to control the many. If native Americans aren't offended why should anybody else? I know, control the speech and you control the people.
I agree what this nation did was wrong but we can't un-ring a bell. How bout the gov pass a real budget before they worry bout anything else! Edited by Ugly
  • Like 1
[quote name="Ugly" post="1161057" timestamp="1403322873"]That's the problem, the few want to control the many. If native Americans aren't offended why should anybody else? I know, control the speech and you control the people. I agree what this nation did was wrong but we can't un-ring a bell. How bout the gov pass a real budget before they worry bout anything else![/quote]we are offended, that's the thing. Many younger native Americans are not offended simply because they have not done the research and do not realize how offensive it really is. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
  • Like 1
[quote name="UncleJak" post="1161060" timestamp="1403323843"]we are offended, that's the thing. Many younger native Americans are not offended simply because they have not done the research and do not realize how offensive it really is. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee[/quote] There's no doubt some people are at least claiming to be offended. However, I've seen 2 two middle-aged/older Native Americans being interviewed about this subject, and both claimed they did not find the team name to be offensive. I've done a small amount of research on the origin of the term, and the articles were conflicting, to say the least.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Some folks are genuinely offended by it. Some folks are just using the issue as a soapbox to garner a little bit of fame. Some folks take pride in it and some folks just don't give a damn. Regardless of what camp anyone falls into, the government stepping in to cancel the trademarks in an attempt to strong-arm Dan Snyder into changing the name is flat out wrong. To me, that is a far, far bigger issue than the name of a ####ing sports team. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 13

we are offended, that's the thing. Many younger native Americans are not offended simply because they have not done the research and do not realize how offensive it really is. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

"We?" YOU. You can speak for you. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, as am I, and anyone else.

I am truly sorry that you're offended by something so trivial. It's ridiculous to see Harry Reid waste his air on something like this, when he SHOULD be concerned over things that really matter! This is insanity.

• Like 7

I imagine there are folks in this thread that would NEVER drive a Jeep Cherokee. :drama:

The gov could make them call it public car PC#1, then the sheep can drive it to their PS (school) or PT (team). Won't it be wonderful

Text on a forum will not sufficiently explain my issue with this. I'll put something together and post as a blog as soon as I can. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

Agreed. It is extremely difficult to have a meaningful exchange on matters such as this without actual conversation.

• Like 1

That's the problem, the few want to control the many. If native Americans aren't offended why should anybody else? I know, control the speech and you control the people.
I agree what this nation did was wrong but we can't un-ring a bell. How bout the gov pass a real budget before they worry bout anything else!

"How bout the gov pass a real budget before they worry bout anything else"!    

I can't believe you honestly want our Federal Government to perform an act of doing what is one of their real jobs that they get paid to do and have not done in 6 years when they can have much more fun bashing football team names around and allow thousands of illegal children to flow into the country virtually unchecked and all those other fun things  they have been doing.  "YOU actually want them to work"!!!!!!!!     Man your asking a lot!!!!!!!!!..................jmho

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I did have a chance to relish in the fact that our caring leaders are trying to help me by allowing me to have less money in my pocket while getting less food intake. My bacon package was 12oz instead of the old 16 oz this morning and I actually saved water too my licking the plates so I could get every last morsel.
Didn't work out good for the dog though, he just got to salivate all over the floor.
Thank you dear leader!

What if the only part of my skin that's red is my neck? Am I supposed to be pissed about someone using the term redneck?

God, I'm sorry. I just can't work up an offended bone anywhere. Guess I'm just a normal, thick skinned, grown up American male.

Dammit.

• Like 2