XD Owners!

Guest num7striker

Guest num7striker

I know there are several XD owners who post here, so let's hear from you!

I shoot a completely stock XD-9 Service and I love it. I am only 500 rounds in and I hope it keeps getting looser and looser as I shoot it.

I was wondering if anyone has had work done to their XD? Trigger Job, Grip Job, etc? I have thought about getting a Springer Precision or Powder River job on my trigger but I want to put a few more rounds through the gun first.

What range ammo do you guys use with yours? I've been buying the WWB 100 packs at Wally World for $19.50 in Knoxville, works well enough but is fairly dirty. Plus I'm always looking to save money when able. Anyways, XDs rule Glocks drool :rofl:

-Phil

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are several XD owners who post here, so let's hear from you!

I shoot a completely stock XD-9 Service and I love it. I am only 500 rounds in and I hope it keeps getting looser and looser as I shoot it.

I was wondering if anyone has had work done to their XD? Trigger Job, Grip Job, etc? I have thought about getting a Springer Precision or Powder River job on my trigger but I want to put a few more rounds through the gun first.

What range ammo do you guys use with yours? I've been buying the WWB 100 packs at Wally World for $19.50 in Knoxville, works well enough but is fairly dirty. Plus I'm always looking to save money when able. Anyways, XDs rule Glocks drool :rofl:

-Phil

XD owner here!

I've thought about having some trigger work done, but I decided there really wasn't any need. The trigger feels just fine to me.

If you're using the gun for a defense weapon, I'd leave it as is. If you're going to use it for competition shooting, I'd at least consider a trigger job. I know a few guys who seem to do VERY well in competition with bone stock XD's.

As far as ammo goes, 99% of what I use is WWB. I can honestly say that I've NEVER had a single issue with WWB ammo. That's why I continue to use it.

I just got my XD 9 subcompact three day ago. It was slightly used so after

150 rounds, it's already running smooth. I've been feeding it whatever's

cheap at the range, but for carry purposes I'm loading Cor-Bon DPX in 115 gr

+P. It feeds ok but you can feel it in the recoil. I went into a local gun shop

to buy a 16rd mag with grip extension and left with a kit with 3 mags, a mag

holster, and a gear case. I really only need the one mag and will part with the

rest of the kit for $60 (I paid $95). I haven't really considered any mods

since I'm extremely happy with it as is. I might put trijicons on it but I think

it feels great in the hand and I don't find the take up excessive. My

brother now regrets buying his Kahr and wishes he had mine. I love this

gun!

XD 40 4" V-10 Ported.

I put around 600 rounds through it using some of the cheapest crap I could find trying to see what would foul it up and it has been flawless. The more I fire the XD the better it gets. Wish I had not gotten the ported version now firing in a dark or low light situation sometimes makes me starry eyed due to the flash. :eek:

Guest bkelm18

XD9sc here. Completely stock. My range ammo is usually Wolf 9mm. I tried some Armscor Lead Round Nose but it wouldn't feed worth a hoot. I'm very happy with mine. About 500 rds through it and the only failures were with the Armscor. I carry Speer GD 124gr Short Barrel in mine. XDs do rule, but I don't think Glocks drool. My nightstand gun is a Glock 20 10mm. I call it "The Beast", my XD is "The Beauty". :eek:

Edited by bkelm18

I've owned several XDs. An XD-45, an XD-357, and three XD-9s. I'm a big fan.

I installed and tuned a Springer Precision trigger bar, spring, and sear kit in my XD-9 Tactical. It was really easy, and made a huge difference.

My next pistol purchase is going to be one of the new XD-Ms in 9mm.

I have been shooting my XD40 for a little over a year. I have a couple thousand rounds through it so far and love it. I haven't done any work to it other than grip decals. The trigger is smooth and crisp and very good for a carry weapon. I usually shoot reloads but when I purchase ammo it is usually WWB. The thing eats everything I feed it.

Guest m4coyote

Last month, I purchased an XD 45 ACP 4" service model with the thumb safety. I am still surprised how easy it is to shoot accurately, and am very happy with it. I have 200 rounds of the Remington UMC 230 gr. JHP's through it so far, and not one malfunction.:eek:

...I was wondering if anyone has had work done to their XD? Trigger Job, Grip Job, etc?

I only have couple hundred rounds through new XD SC9, but trigger so far is fine for me on mine. Dry fired a bunch to find where it tightens just before break and that's consistent, reset for the shorter travel ensuing shots consistent. But I'm not a competition shooter, and consider my marksman ship as "adequate" only.

I've ordered a stick on grips off eBay (TractionGrips) to try out. I have Decal Grips on my Kahr, love em, but they peeled right off after a cleaning. Supposed to be impervious to solvent, but some must have got under the sticky or something. They sent me another set, we'll see.

What range ammo do you guys use with yours? I've been buying the WWB 100 packs at Wally World for $19.50 in Knoxville, works well enough but is fairly dirty. Plus I'm always looking to save money when able.

-Phil

Well, technically, it's 19.97 + .10 ammo fee + tax :eek:

Next time you are there, for the last couple months, the Blazer Brass (in 50 count boxes) has been the absolute cheapest, a little more than a whole penny per shell cheaper, whoopee ;)

It's no dirtier than the WWB.

Winchester UMC in the 500 case has been same price at Dick's as WWB at Wally's, but of course it's just as dirty too.

I've not found anything cheaper, even online (Wolf, Brown Bear, etc) even buying by the 1000 pack once you figure shipping. Maybe if you bought 5000 at a time you might save a few scheckels, but not alot.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
add'l info

I used to own an XD 40 tactical and currently own a XD 40sc and an XDM-40 and love them all. I generally shoot Remington Green Box, but also love georgia arms canned heat. I found it not to be too dirty and it shot well. You can buy it at www.georgia-arms.com

Also, all of mine are stock. I thought about upgrading parts, but I really love them the way they are. The only upgrading I decided on was the XD to the XDM, which I do not regret at all.

Guest mn32768

I bought an XD .357SIG 4" service model a few weeks ago and I've put ~150 rnds through it so far. It's surprisingly easy to handle and has been rock solid reliable. I'm real happy with mine; ammo is pretty expensive, though, WWB 50 rnd box is $23.95 + tax at Walmart (and availability is hit and miss).

Guest Ghostrider

I have an XD45c, I've got a few hundred rounds through it and I love it. I never thought I'd find something that has the best parts of the 1911 and the glock without a full on custom.

I target with wolf dirty crap and have never had a failure of any kind.

For SP, it's loaded with Remington Golden Saber JHP +P in 185 gr.

I've had two XD9 service models and both had trigger jobs. Mainly for the length of pull and reset. My first one had a trigger job by Springer precision. This was before the DIY parts were available. Absolutely great trigger. The second one had the Powder River safety and reset mod. Really good. Not quiet the Springer but really good. I would highly recommend the PR. I also installed TFO's and DGR's on both of them. I used Blazer AL from academy because at the time it was the cheapest around. The good thing about XD's is you can use anything and the will go boom. Not even Glock's can say that (speaking of lead bullets)! BTW now I carry a G19 because of size. My only compaint with the XD is there isn't a compact 9 in the line up. The full size is just a tad big and the sub a tad small IMO.

I've got an XD-9 Service as well, and it's got a little over 9k rounds through it now. I'd say at least 6000 of that has been WWB. I've never had a single malfunction of any kind with it. The only work I've had done was having a set of Meprolight night sights installed when I bought it. Everything else is still stock. I also haven't cleaned it something like 3k rounds and it's still shooting perfectly.

Guest Centennial

I bought an XD40 about 5 years ago. I really like it and carry it daily. I have had no issues, but have considered getting a set of tritium sights.

Guest num7striker

Yup, I figured WWB was about as good a deal as I was going to find. Anything cheaper is merely by cents. If I plan to reload anytime in the future, should I be collecting the brass from my spent WWB?

Guest abailey362

I have had 2 9mm's , a service and a sub-compact and both were great. I have an xdM now and my only complaint is that I wish it came with better sights, or at least a front. As soon as I get that changed out it'll be great. no feeding issues with any of them with WWB, blazer, blazer brass, wolf, or JHP defensice rounds.

Yup, I figured WWB was about as good a deal as I was going to find. Anything cheaper is merely by cents. If I plan to reload anytime in the future, should I be collecting the brass from my spent WWB?

Absolutely! WWB brass is great for reloading.

Guest Phantom6

I've owned an XD since 2003 and put thousands and thousands (mostly WWB FMJ) of rounds down range. Never had an issue with mine. I own 'em. I shoot 'em and I sell a bunch of 'em.

Guest tarheel78

So far I am pleasantly surprised with the crisp (factory) standard trigger pull on my XD 45. A couple of opinions from other experienced shooters with it validated my impression. Still looking for an excuse to upgrade the trigger guts, but no need so far!