Gun Belt question and info seeking

Guest princeshoko

Guest princeshoko

I was curious if a good Gun Belt makes a difference in  IWB holsters?   The only issue im having is sag, after a bit no matter how tight my belt  my pants where I have my IWB falls down a bit.  Would a good gunbelt fix this issue  or is this just a personal issue im having with wardrobe malfunction lol.    My current belt is'nt folding over or anything so im curious to hear from the experienced on this one.   Need something to hold my pants up along with my belly and everything else lol.

I can understand how a good sturdy gun belt can help an OWB holster but not seen much on the other.

I guess my other question is where can one find a good gunbelt in a walk-in style shop in the middle TN area?   Pretty sure Wal-Mart is not the right place.

THANKS!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not using a dedicated gun belt is like clipping a Glock 21 to your sweatpants. Go to any good leather holster maker and buy one of their belts it's night and day. I bought one from thebeltman.com and it's been great. But I wear a wilderness instructor belt almost exclusively now http://www.thewilderness.com/tactical-belts/original-instructor-belt/ Edited by Lumber_Jack
[quote name="princeshoko" post="1178610" timestamp="1407809347"]Like the look of the Wilderness belts there Lumber Jack. Looks very adjustable which is something important to me. [/quote] Very much so. You can carry inside the waist band or outside without have a huge leather belt. Plus it's a good stiff belt. And I sweat in mine all the time out in the woods and it's held up great for several years. Edited by Lumber_Jack
[quote name="princeshoko" post="1178628" timestamp="1407811462"]Yea I think im going to go for this one, thanks Lumber Jack. Would you recommend the standard 3 stitch or 5 stitch?[/quote] Mine is the 3 stitch and it's been fine. The only difference is there are three sewn lines horizontally the length of the belt or 5. The 5 is supposed to help keep the belt from bending vertically, but mine is plenty stiff. And I got the 1 1/2 width to fit more belt loops

Yes! A quality, double layer leather gun belt is THE solution to your problem. Beltman.com is the go to place for them. You won't need to cinch your belt tightly, and it will still hold up your gun correctly.

Yep. They work like a champ.

I have a belt from crossbreed. Couldn't be happier with it. It is 3 years old now and I wear it everyday. That said my next one will probably come from beltman because of more options. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm a leather belt guy, have one from 5.11 (made in China) with 6 years of use and more recently a Goodrich and Gould with 2 years of use. Both sub $50. Heard some great things about the Wilderness non leather belts, but no first hand experience. Concur with a 1.5", fits all my pants/shorts.

Mine is the 3 stitch and it's been fine. The only difference is there are three sewn lines horizontally the length of the belt or 5. The 5 is supposed to help keep the belt from bending vertically, but mine is plenty stiff.

And I got the 1 1/2 width to fit more belt loops

+1 can't go wrong with wilderness belts.

I have been wearing my 5 stitch for a primary belt going on 4 years now. I've been very happy with it, but there has been a couple times after spending 3 or 4 days on the range i was ready to take it off. If you are carrying primarily IWB 3 stitch will serve you well. 5 stitch really stands out when carrying OWB.