The joys of road rage.

Almost a ashamed the power issue had not caused your breaks to lock up at the right moment.  But then again, that might have put you in a position to use your personal defense ammo and that stuff isn't as cheap as the stuff for paper targets.

For the record, she wasn't on the phone at all.  She just tried to occupy the same space as me by changing lanes while slowing for a traffic light.  I was literally right beside her door.  My peg/boot left a mark in her door as she pushed me over.  It's a good thing there's space between lanes for a motorcycle as a big Ford truck was in the other lane.  When I inquired as to her ability to see, she gave me the finger.

Lol, the way you phrased that reminded me of a funny story about the time my fist tried occupying the same space as my friends face. At least when someone asked how or why I broke 2 fingers punching Brendan in the head, that's what I told them; It was a space/matter experiment brought on by Brendan being a monkeydick. Keep in mind he had just given me my first "sack tap" and I had no idea what that was, I thought he was just trying to punch me in the nads as a joke. Not funny. >:(

But I hear ya, I've heard all the reasons and tend to agree that people in cars suck when your on a bike, but the one thing I would always bring up to them was that I hope the mirror is worth it when a driver does completely run them off the road after, either out of malice or just because their reaction will most likely to be to turn their heads sharply at the sound which may cause them to accidently swerve in the direction their heads turning. Sometimes it's better to be safe than righteous. To quote my buddy Bersa, this is of course, all JMHO.
Yeah, I still don't get it. Nobody would like it if I started playing throat tap, why do they think I want them doing that? Plus I have a bad habit of jolting towards a sudden movement that has left me on the ground from this funny little joke.
Then I will let a small wave of anger overcome me. But keeping a positive outlook is crucial. I used to get bothered by the smallest of things specially when driving. Now, who cares! You cant change people, only the way we interact with them.

When you know their driving is putting your kids in danger that isn't a "small thing" to get upset about. That is your kids' lives dude. And when some lunatic is on your ass while you're driving you must understand that the laws of physics apply, and if you must react to a road condition your kids may be severely injured or killed because the guy behind you is an immature lunatic.

Yeah, it's a big deal. I happen to love my kids very much, and I get quite upset when someone threatens their safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

Me and my son were going down hwy 11 heading to work yesterday and my check engine light started flashing and I suddenly had a massive misfire issue (coil wire burned) and the truck lost power and started making all sorts of fun movements and noise lol. I had only about a 2 mile to go and there was not really anywhere to pull fully off the road so I just chugged along at 35 to 40 in a 45 zone and a nice vehicle suddenly decided he needed to be a foot off my bumper and laying down on the horn for about 100 yards till we reached the red light. I got in the turn lane to get off the main road and take a side street. The guy gets in the lane behind me and starts leaning out his window screaming and gesturing and threatening me a good ass whippen and to get out of my truck loud enough the car next to us was looking back at him fearfully. I spent more time watching the mirrors then the road at the light. He was grabbing the steering wheel and shaking his entire vehicle at one point. Light turns green and he's all over the lane behind me yelling and screaming, granted I wasn't at full power but I wasn't going slow. I could hear him screaming to pull over so he could whip my ass. I made a turn off into work about 50 feet later and he's screaming out the window again as I'm slowing down to turn then speeds off. Dang some people are stressed out easy.

Did he have a yankee accent??  :taunt: :)

35 in a 45 is nothing.  If i were doing 30 or slower, then I'd put on my emergency flashers.

If someone is tailgating me at night, I just turn on my rear fog lights.  They think I'm hitting the brakes and back off. :pleased:

.......But get me in Atlanta, where they can't drive and i'll wish i stayed home.

Stupid drivers in Memphis, Nashville and Knoxville are about the same as stupid drivers in Atlanta!  I deal with them every week, some are stupid without the help of their cell phones.

What's wrong with Atlanta? It's fun watching someone cross over 5 lanes of traffic to get on 285.   I prefer the Cross Bronx Expressway.... nothing moves. You can read the paper, drink your coffee and when you hear someone lay on their horn, then you can move forward 4 inches. :waiting:

When you know their driving is putting your kids in danger that isn't a "small thing" to get upset about. That is your kids' lives dude. And when some lunatic is on your ass while you're driving you must understand that the laws of physics apply, and if you must react to a road condition your kids may be severely injured or killed because the guy behind you is an immature lunatic.

Yeah, it's a big deal. I happen to love my kids very much, and I get quite upset when someone threatens their safety.

When I was with my ex, I took her kid to the day care. Still drove normally and kept cool. The thing that gets most people is that they let their emotions overcome them. Now, when I am driving, the only thing I feel is joy. Unless I meet my dad when driving somewhere. Then its anguish since his car is faster than mine.

I had something like this happen but it was the opposite scenario. I was in a line of traffic at a red light and when the light changed the car in front of me did not go. I noticed it seemed like they were having car trouble so I got out and started walking up to see if they needed help but then they got it started and went on.

I continue on the same road and they are way in front of me and I then turn left into Captain D's to meet a friend and his wife and they proceed on a ways down the road and turn right into Shoneys.

I go inside and see that my friend and his wife already have their food and are seated but i'm at the counter waiting for my food and that's when it gets interesting. The people from the car, man and woman with 2 small children, had turned around and came back and were now behind me in line at the Capt D's counter and they are belligerent. They say I pulled up too close to their car at the light and what was i doing walking up toward them and so on. I try to explain i thought they were having car trouble and i was trying to help them. They then say we can't all drive brand new vehicles like you and that I endangered their children, who by the way were not in car seats or seat belts and were climbing around in the back hatch area of the small car. Keep in mind at the time I'm driving an '86 GMC Suburban 6.2 Diesel 2 wheel drive, and the incident occurred in 2003 so it's around 17 years old but it was well maintained and clean so it looked ok but not "new" by any means. It was then that I realized these people are crazy. The woman was doing most of the talking and the man just stood their like an idiot with the kids.

I tried to ignore them but they just kept on and on and kept getting louder. Next they tell me i need to leave. I told them I have already ordered and was meeting someone here I am not leaving and if they don't like it they should leave since they have not ordered yet or they should stay if they can calm down and be quiet. I think I did also tell them they should buckle up the kids if they are so safety minded and I asked why they turned around and came here anyway. By this time everyone in the whole place is watching including the management. The crazy people finally left and I got my food and sat down with my friend and his wife. We then had a good laugh. Edited by McGarrett

I like going fast, but I am not a dick about it. I always try to keep at least a full car length at all times. I have no sympathy for people who text and drive and are swerving all over the place due to being on a phone. As far as road rage goes, I quite caring. If someone hits me due to their incompetence, I will just have insurance get me a new ride. No reason to get mad.

A full cars length at 60 MPH is like a half a second (if that) if I have to stop.  As far as I am concerned someone a cars length behind me is riding my ass something fierce and I am letting off the gas to get you to back the fuck off.  I hope your insurance is sufficient when you rear end me.

• Like 1

A full cars length at 60 MPH is like a half a second (if that) if I have to stop.  As far as I am concerned someone a cars length behind me is riding my ass something fierce and I am letting off the gas to get you to back the #### off.  I hope your insurance is sufficient when you rear end me.

Dont worry, I have fantastic insurance. And plus, there is no way in hell im going to wreck my car after all the effort I put in it. And plus, parts for it are expensive, so thats another deterrent for getting into an accident. I had plenty of close calls with people trying to run yellow lights and me slowing down. I swear I must have a massive ass bullseye in the back of my car. Except I cant see it. And as far as one car length goes, its only when I am trying to pass some stubborn on the highway. The left lane is meant to be a passing lane, not "Im going to move into it and never pass the car lane".

Dont worry, I have fantastic insurance. And plus, there is no way in hell im going to wreck my car after all the effort I put in it. And plus, parts for it are expensive, so thats another deterrent for getting into an accident. I had plenty of close calls with people trying to run yellow lights and me slowing down. I swear I must have a massive ass bullseye in the back of my car. Except I cant see it. And as far as one car length goes, its only when I am trying to pass some stubborn on the highway. The left lane is meant to be a passing lane, not "Im going to move into it and never pass the car lane".

The guys that 'will never get into an accident for XXX reason are the most dangerous guys on the road.

Be ever vigilant and careful.

Not cocky.

• Like 1

The guys that 'will never get into an accident for XXX reason are the most dangerous guys on the road.

Be ever vigilant and careful.

Not cocky.

I know its inevitable. I just do my best to avoid them at all costs. 

Yesterday in Kentucky( bowling green) my fiancee and I were turning around to get somewhere when this prick in a corvette is behind us starts honking his horn for her to turn. She won't turn into oncoming traffic and apparently the dummy behind us couldn't see cause his car is lower to the ground than her Camry.

If it were me in my truck, I would have just waited a bit longer.

This is an interesting thread. I've got my road rage stories too and agree that many drivers are truly unaware behind the wheel. I find it interesting, however, in this whole thread there's not been a bad driver. And when speaking to others at work or in public, etc. I've never met a self proclaimed bad driver. I say this humorously, but since we all talk about bad drivers and have never met all these bad drivers we talk about, where do the bad drivers live and work that they are never in public? :) Also, pertaining to the tailgating, I do my best to keep a decent distance between myself and the car ahead of me, it seems like an invitation for everyone to cut in front me though. It's almost defensive driving to tailgate just to avoid people cutting me off at times. I ride a motorcycle too it's truly amazing the things I see on it. Just my .02
  • Like 2

I guess I am one of those bad drivers.... :shrug: I drive 10 MPH under interstate speeds but always in right lane. I don't think I have driven in left lane in years.I do often wonder when I am on Vietnam Veterans Blvd why everyone is in such a hurry to get where they are going. They remind me of a bunch of Working bees around a hive as they are flying by me. One day I was curious to see if I sped up I could stay up with traffic. To stay up with the left lane traffic flow I would have to average 78 MPH. No wonder I get so many ugly looks when I am doing my 55 in the 65 speed limit zone. But with that said there are signs that say "Slower traffic keep right"  but I still get ugly looks. Sorry but I am just not in that kind of hurry these days. 

Now as far as Road Rage I have only had one occasion that could have resulted in a confrontation but the other driver decide to just get back in his car and leave quietly after I did. This took place on Hwy 109 and 70 hwy. Guy followed me from Gallatin to 70 Hwy and he never got an opening where he could pass because of traffic. When we reached the intersection of 109 and 70 at the light the guy was out of his car and coming towards mine. He was giving me a language lesson which I sat quietly and took and then threatened to pull me out of my Jeep. I was wondering if he was going to go there and he did. As he reached for my door I raised my Bersa Thunder 380 up to the Window ledge where he could get a good look at it but I never pointed it at him. It is very funny how fast a persons attitude can change and I never said 1 word the whole time. 

He very calmly removed his hand from the door handle of my Jeep and backed up and just stood there for a few seconds. wiped his brow with his hand and I know he wanted to apologize but I think he was actually afraid to say anything else. I push my window switch and put my door glass back up and drove off as he was still standing in the road.

I didn't mind the language lesson but the threat made it a new ball game and him reaching for my door was not going to earn him a home run and  I figured it was time to end the game before someone got hurt. i have no idea what the guy was thinking as I drove off but wish I could have read his mind for about 30 seconds. I bet they were interesting thoughts..............jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

This is an interesting thread. I've got my road rage stories too and agree that many drivers are truly unaware behind the wheel.I find it interesting, however, in this whole thread there's not been a bad driver. And when speaking to others at work or in public, etc. I've never met a self proclaimed bad driver. I say this humorously, but since we all talk about bad drivers and have never met all these bad drivers we talk about, where do the bad drivers live and work that they are never in public? :) Also, pertaining to the tailgating, I do my best to keep a decent distance between myself and the car ahead of me, it seems like an invitation for everyone to cut in front me though. It's almost defensive driving to tailgate just to avoid people cutting me off at times.I ride a motorcycle too it's truly amazing the things I see on it. Just my .02

I was a bad driver when I was a kid. Haven't got a ticket or been in a wreck since then.