Sons of Anarchy, Last Season

Murgatroy

I thought Nero was going to find something in the garage when he went looking for tools.  Maybe the tool line was just put in so that he could later use it as an excuse to go to TM.

There did seem to be a lot of things inserted into this episode, like the bum leg, the homeless woman, and Michael Chiklis.  I kept wondering if Chiklis was just there because Sutter promised that he would put him one episode (like everyone else from The Shield), or if he was going to have a bigger role, or if Sutter just used him as a red herring.  If Murgatroy is right, then Chiklis might be driving the truck that Jax hits.  He did taxi Gemma to her date with death; maybe he will do the same for her son.

After looking it up, apparently the homeless woman shows up whenever Gemma or Jax makes an emotional decision.  

I like your idea about the bum leg causing him to crash and die before the mayhem gets carried out, but I would like to know what exactly it is.  I can't remember if he could have injured it while running from the police.

Jax appeared to be fine and uninjured until the scene getting up from the chair. And if you remember, just prior to getting up from the chair and stumbling, he was staring at both his hands intensely. I don't know if he was studying his hands or SOA rings? But the combination of the two is going to lead to something I'm sure!

You guys have some interesting and logical predictions. It's going to be a blast to find out who here is closest to having it figured out :popcorn:

Edit just reading Spots post: I wasn't aware of Charlie breaking his toe during filming. Since they made a big deal of him stumbling out of the chair, now I'm thinking they edited the script and worked it into the plot for another sinister reason.

Some people like me go to sleep counting sheep. Evidently Mr. Sutter goes to REM with body counts :snore:

Edited by Dennis1209

Come to think of it, as far as I've seen, only Jax and Jemma have seen / interacted with the homeless woman, Maybe she is a ghost? Do we know for a fact she was killed in that accident? 

When Brooke's character is introduced she throws a rock through the window of the ice cream shop. Jax goes to her home to speak to her father and that is when the father explains to Jax that his wife, her mother was killed as a result of J.T.'s accident, I can't remember if it specified, the back up, the truck, or how, just that it was directly related to her death. As a result of this, Brooke blames the MC for her mother's death, which is why she threw the rock through the window. There is a picture on the table or mantle of the mother, and it is the homeless woman. Jax picks the picture up and makes the comment "I have seen her before," and the father responded something along the lines of "A lot of people say that." I am paraphrasing of course, as I am going from memory here.

With the accusation from Jury that J.T. rode into that tractor trailer on purpose (the first of this accusation considering it was a plot point that Clay and Gemma killed him) I think that was a segue to the idea of Jax taking the noble out.

I could be wrong, I have been a lot in this series. I had it made up in my mind that every Son died this season, but that was wrong.

But I do firmly believe that Jax will die. Sutter said earlier in the season that only two Sons die this season. Bobby was one, and I am certain Jax will be the second.

There was a Son killed at the gun warehouse this season also.

And Jury was a Son as well.

The tone of the interview I took it to mean main cast though.

I will admit that if Jax survives, I will be disappointed. While Sutter has said over and over that it is NOT a modern telling of Hamlet, it is, and Jax has to die. And I never liked him anyways.

I really liked the throwback to Opie when he was leaving the warehouse. I think that was what really closed it for me.

Between SoA and Breaking Bad, I am thankful that recent shows have had good endings, well, fulfilling. After all, at the end of the day, the bad guys lose.

It's so hard for me to believe...I started watching this show 5 years ago...where the hell has the time gone??? 

This was a satisfying end to the whole thing...me personally, predicted he would die at JT's crash site but close enough. 

Does anyone have any suggestions to what Sutter was hinting at with the bread and wine reference that the homeless woman had and the piece the blood ran into at the end? 

It's so hard for me to believe...I started watching this show 5 years ago...where the hell has the time gone??? 

This was a satisfying end to the whole thing...me personally, predicted he would die at JT's crash site but close enough. 

Does anyone have any suggestions to what Sutter was hinting at with the bread and wine reference that the homeless woman had and the piece the blood ran into at the end? 

The homeless woman has been around since the beginning. Whenever she shows up someone important dies. She's a ghost.  It was revealed last season that she was Brooke's mother (Rat's girl ) . She died in the accident that killed Jax's dad. IMO the reference to the piece of bread was she was there and saw things come to the final end.

• Like 1

It was a jug a wine and a piece of bread shown after she gave Jax the blanket. I suppose that it was a reference to the sacrament, blood and body of Christ. As Jax also spread his arms wide is if he were being crucified moments prior to meeting the truck.

Some are seeing a plethora of religious references there. The Ghost has been seen not only before important deaths, but life changing events in the series as well. Sutter has said she is meant to be whatever you (the viewer) perceives. I have often felt she was an angel of death, or judgement at the lest.

Some are seeing, and I disagree, that Jax was a relation to Christ, and he died for the sins of the club. Jax died for his own sins. Which were numerous. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

The wine and bread were indicative of a final communion or Last Rites.  The homeless lady was most certainly the angel of death.  The wine-soaked bread also was "mysteriously" at the crash site, to indicate that Death had been there to claim Jax.

• Like 1

Seemed a little heavy-handed, slap you in the face, type of symbolism.  I mean, Milo literally yells, "Jesus!" at the guy sacrificing himself with his arms spread before him.  I was a little bothered by the obvious CG right before the crash; seemed out of place on this series.

I didn't bother to count, but I bet the number of crows that flew above the cop convoy equaled either the number of current SAMCRO members, or equaled the number of dead SAMCRO members.  Now that I think about it, dead ones would make more sense.