Kroger assault incident

No, I wasn't there. But I used the words, "one story" to signify that there is a lot of information out there and some doesn't point in the same direction.

Yes I'm upset. Why does race friggin matter at all. I understand that Jesse and others bring it into the conversation for some crimes. But that doesn't make it right for you to do it back. The holier than thou from the opposite of the Jesses of the world only continues a trend.

How about we just focus on a bunch of misguided kids that did horrible things to other people? Can't we deal with that first and foremost?

I can't speak for others, but as to the intent of my words, I think there is a very big problem. The problem is that there has been a pattern in the media and fed govt to vilify a person defending themselves if the attacker is black and the victim is white. This is emboldening young black males to conduct this sort of crime.

The other thing I would have a problem with is the suggestion that identifying the kids as black is racist. They are black. If you can access google you can see a trend over the past several years of these sorts of crimes being carried out by black teenagers against white men and women. You don't think there is a pattern here? I don't think it is racist to acknowledge that racist black teens are committing these assaults, nor do I think it's racist to be wary of large groups of black teens.

I'll add that I don't care that these teens are obviously motivated by race. I don't believe their motive matters. If they were beating up a black person or ethnic person, my outrage at the act would be the same. My point is that my outrage is with the media and the government for clearly having a double standard.

Really, can you imagine if there had been a crowd of 100 white teens beating up a couple black kids. The country would come unglued and cry for the heads of those racist whites. Why on earth does the government and MSM not do that for cases like these? There is no excuse. I don't see how you could defend that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How about we just focus on a bunch of misguided kids that did horrible things to other people? Can't we deal with that first and foremost?

We can deal with that, but everybody who posted previously was dealing with it incorrectly according to you. So tell us, how do we deal with a mob of black kids beating up whites, blacks, and whoever else they may have come across?

We've all watched the same videos as you have and all seen the black kids beating up a white man just outside of the Kroger doors.

We've all watched the same videos as you and seen the mob running and counted more black kids in the mob than white kids.

I'm not going to be so naive as to say there were no white kids taking part in the "mob mentality" but is it coincidental that they were all black? Is it coincidental that they attacked two white people out of three, and the third black man they attacked was helping one of the first victims?

Please, tell me how this isn't racism. Tell me how they are just misguided kids that have too much time on their hands and their dads weren't around to teach them any better. Where I come from, ignorance is no excuse. Not knowing any better is ignorance, Sir.

• Like 2

What in the hell does fact has to do with reporting, or responding?  Just look at Ferguson, MO; a cop could've lost his life to a hoodlum, but the press, the AG, Gov. and everyone else emphasize he was an 'unarmed teen'.  Unarmed people can and do kill people every day.  No one stands up the white victims is THE point.

• Like 2

I'm not going to be so naive as to say there were no white kids taking part in the "mob mentality" but is it coincidental that they were all black? Is it coincidental that they attacked two white people out of three, and the third black man they attacked was helping one of the first victims?

Its not coincidental that they are all black.  Its just simply normal.  You are talking about a city that is PRIMARILY composed of black people.  Black people here are the majority.  So is it coincidental?  No.  

I can't speak for others, but as to the intent of my words, I think there is a very big problem. The problem is that there has been a pattern in the media and fed govt to vilify a person defending themselves if the attacker is black and the victim is white. This is emboldening young black males to conduct this sort of crime.

The other thing I would have a problem with is the suggestion that identifying the kids as black is racist. They are black. If you can access google you can see a trend over the past several years of these sorts of crimes being carried out by black teenagers against white men and women. You don't think there is a pattern here? I don't think it is racist to acknowledge that racist black teens are committing these assaults, nor do I think it's racist to be wary of large groups of black teens.

I'll add that I don't care that these teens are obviously motivated by race. I don't believe their motive matters. If they were beating up a black person or ethnic person, my outrage at the act would be the same. My point is that my outrage is with the media and the government for clearly having a double standard.

Really, can you imagine if there had been a crowd of 100 white teens beating up a couple black kids. The country would come unglued and cry for the heads of those racist whites. Why on earth does the government and MSM not do that for cases like these? There is no excuse. I don't see how you could defend that.

Just like everything, One group is enough huh?  I live near a high school in a predominantly black city.  Mostly black at the school.  Large groups of young black people walk by my house daily.  I'm often leaving for work in the middle of them heading to school.  While they do stupid stuff (that I've also seen plenty of white kids doing), they aren't attacking people or beating anyone.  And I would say that is more normal than what happened at Kroger.  

• Like 1

Just like everything, One group is enough huh? I live near a high school in a predominantly black city. Mostly black at the school. Large groups of young black people walk by my house daily. I'm often leaving for work in the middle of them heading to school. While they do stupid stuff (that I've also seen plenty of white kids doing), they aren't attacking people or beating anyone. And I would say that is more normal than what happened at Kroger.

You'll have to forgive me, I have no idea what point you're making here.

Capy... I'm gonna take a crack at answering this because i think it is a fair question and it deserves a reasoned answer...

Yes I'm upset.  Why does race friggin matter at all.  I understand that Jesse and others bring it into the conversation for some crimes.  But that doesn't make it right for you to do it back.  The holier than thou from the opposite of the Jesses of the world only continues a trend. 

How about we just focus on a bunch of misguided kids that did horrible things to other people?  Can't we deal with that first and foremost?  

1... Race matters because there is a deafening silence from the black community when this stuff happens... Now we can write this off as "their megaphone ain't big enough"; which I will buy to some extent because it don't fit the narrative... I, in fact, think that there are some black folks that care about this sort of thing; but they aint makin much headway in solving the problem.... They are shouted down or just get tired of fighting and shut up...

2... Race matters because the current administration in the White House have chosen to make it matter... They wield considerable power; and to think otherwise is to ignore this truth... Eric Holder is, in fact, an anti-white racist and his actions all thru this career at the inJustice department prove it... All ya have to do is to look around a bit and you can find plenty of examples... Barak Obama shares his view... No more need be said... Take a look at the recent discussions RE: Ferguson, MO police investigation by the inJustice department... It sends a clear message that says don't prosecute looters because we're watching and we'll slap you with a civil rights investigation if you do... 

3... Race matters because of this fact.... Although the black population in this country is about 13 to 14%; about 50% of the violent crime is committed by blacks.... This is the real elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about for fear of bein called a name; which i find is laughable... The truth is that the black, dependent, fatherless, matriarchal society has caused this problem; but no one wants to do anything about it... Black folks won't touch it, and neither will whites...

4.   Ill close by way of this observation.... I live in east Tennessee; and I watched the reaction to the Christian-Newsome murders and two subsequent trials very closely... There was a deafening silence on the most heinous murder ever committed since tennessee has been a state from the local black community... They simply couldn't bring themselves to condemn a crime as heinous as these; I think, because the victims were white and the perpetrators were black... Even the local government and the police department in Knoxville couldn't bring themselves to decry this crime... The reason, i think, fear of offending any constituency... No core values, just potential votes...

What ive said above is why this is a problem... A problem that most folks want to tip-toe around because they are afraid of being called a racist or some other silly name; or they are afraid of alienating some potential voting block... I think the whole thing is sickening...

I don't know about you; but I ain't afraid of a bunch of children calling me names; but some evidently are... I didn't want to believe any of this; but i simply cannot be intellectually honest and believe anything else...

Folks in this country are edgy, they are afraid, and they have been tribalized along every line ya can think of... I'm a relatively old geezer and ive never seen anything like it in my 50 plus years of watchin people...  This country is simply not the one i grew up in the 50s... It's something much more sad, fractured, and dangerous than i ever imagined as a boy...

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 5

You can watch the video of them running to a car to attack someone then at the same time the lady says "they got a white dude", that was well before the Kroger employee was attacked. You can see a "white dude" running from his car and through the crowd who is trying to attack him. The "white dude" running is NOT the kid on the ground. Watch the video. The "white dude" running has a white shirt on and the Kroger employee has a blue shirt on. Two separate people.

I know you want to try to make it out that they didn't attack a "white dude" first but they DID. Again, watch the video you can see "the white dude" wearing a white shirt running through the crowd.

• Like 1

You'll have to forgive me, I have no idea what point you're making here.

Honestly, I'm not sure anymore either.  This entire thing has me heated and not because it was black kids.  And the fact that the majority of people I've seen post or talk about it, here or elsewhere, have been quick to point out that it was black kids.  Has nothing to do with it.  I should have kept my mouth shut because I'm having a hard time articulating my thoughts right now. 

Capy... I'm gonna take a crack at answering this because i think it is a fair question and it deserves a reasoned answer...

1... Race matters because there is a deafening silence from the black community when this stuff happens... Now we can write this off as "their megaphone ain't big enough"; which I will buy to some extent because it don't fit the narrative... I, in fact, think that there are some black folks that care about this sort of thing; but they aint makin much headway in solving the problem.... They are shouted down or just get tired of fighting and shut up...

2... Race matters because the current administration in the White House have chosen to make it matter... They wield considerable power; and to think otherwise is to ignore this truth... Eric Holder is, in fact, an anti-white racist and his actions all thru this career at the inJustice department prove it... All ya have to do is to look around a bit and you can find plenty of examples... Barak Obama shares his view... No more need be said... Take a look at the recent discussions RE: Ferguson, MO police investigation by the inJustice department... It sends a clear message that says don't prosecute looters because we're watching and we'll slap you with a civil rights investigation if you do... 

3... Race matters because of this fact.... Although the black population in this country is about 13 to 14%; about 50% of the violent crime is committed by blacks.... This is the real elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about for fear of bein called a name; which i find is laughable... The truth is that the black, dependent, fatherless, matriarchal society has caused this problem; but no one wants to do anything about it... Black folks won't touch it, and neither will whites...

4.   Ill close by way of this observation.... I live in east Tennessee; and I watched the reaction to the Christian-Newsome murders and two subsequent trials very closely... There was a deafening silence on the most heinous murder ever committed since tennessee has been a state from the local black community... They simply couldn't bring themselves to condemn a crime as heinous as these; I think, because the victims were white and the perpetrators were black... Even the local government and the police department in Knoxville couldn't bring themselves to decry this crime... The reason, i think, fear of offending any constituency... No core values, just potential votes...

What ive said above is why this is a problem... A problem that most folks want to tip-toe around because they are afraid of being called a racist or some other silly name; or they are afraid of alienating some potential voting block... I think the whole thing is sickening...

I don't know about you; but I ain't afraid of a bunch of children calling me names; but some evidently are... I didn't want to believe any of this; but i simply cannot be intellectually honest and believe anything else...

Folks in this country are edgy, they are afraid, and they have been tribalized along every line ya can think of... I'm a relatively old geezer and ive never seen anything like it in my 50 plus years of watchin people...  This country is simply not the one i grew up in the 50s... It's something much more sad, fractured, and dangerous than i ever imagined as a boy...

leroy

All very valid and important points.  I don't think the situation will ever change as long as its addressed as a black problem.  Its a people problem regardless of skin color.  And its a society, our society, problem regardless of skin color.  And until we all look at it as such, no progress will be made.  Emphasis on ALL! 

“A lot of our citizens are working to provide safe and productive alternatives for our youth. For those that choose not to take advantage of these opportunities, we will work tirelessly to identify, locate and hold you accountable”.

What reasonable person with critical thought would suggest throwing money at the problem is a viable solution? They can only play so much basketball, throw so many gang signs and pull up their drawers so many times before they get board. This has become a generational disease of trash spawning trash and being supported with taxpayer money.

Rehabilitation my derrière, do a big boy crime, get big boy punishment. There is no "rehabilitation" in penitentiary, penal or punishment except in the liberal way of thinking.

As a juvenile they don't see big boy punishment and they get treated with kid gloves. They are released by their 18th birthday or at 21 at the latest, their criminal records are expunged or sealed and normally can't be used when they turn adult. And they know it!!!

Maybe I should enroll in an on-line sensitivity training course to accept and tolerate this crap :up: 

They are true animals in every sense of the word.

I can honestly say that I would go to prison if it were me, or anyone I loved, being attacked like that. The reason is because I would try to kill everyone involved even if they are not attacking because being there supporting those who are attacking should carry the same consequences as those doing the attacking. Don't want to die then don't hang around those that should be killed.

That is the exact reason why I roll around armed like I am in a warzone, because you never know when you might find yourself in one. And because I am white I will be crucified if I have to kill a minority that is killing me.

It appears you need to join me with my on-line liberal sensitivity correspondence training to think like a liberal :ugh:

• Authorized Vendor

Honestly, I'm not sure anymore either.  This entire thing has me heated and not because it was black kids.  And the fact that the majority of people I've seen post or talk about it, here or elsewhere, have been quick to point out that it was black kids.  Has nothing to do with it.  I should have kept my mouth shut because I'm having a hard time articulating my thoughts right now. 

All very valid and important points.  I don't think the situation will ever change as long as its addressed as a black problem.  Its a people problem regardless of skin color.  And its a society, our society, problem regardless of skin color.  And until we all look at it as such, no progress will be made.  Emphasis on ALL! 

Maybe you should drop a line to Obama, Holder, Jackson, Sharpton and the rest of the race baiters to quit making it a black problem and stand up for all Americans no matter what the color of their skin. Good luck with that.

I'm with Leroy....whatever progress has been made since the 60's Civil Rights Marches by Dr King and the rest has been reversed and then some by these Sharpton and Jacksons that want to make everything about the poor oppressed black people.

Edited by Grand Torino

The break down of the family is a larger part of this than some want to believe. Growing up without a father, mom telling you

your father is trash, and he does not care for you because you are trash, you grow up with hate.

You can not hate you mom, so you hold it in till it just has to come out. Until we sit down and talk about this with all races

we will never get anywhere, but with the race baiters needing money, it just wont happen.

This kind of thing happens all the time, it is not reported by the news, so we never hear of it.

Smart people know what is happening, the ones that dont, well just dont care.

I'll debate it here just for opinions sake RED333 and I mean no offense but...

I'm not going to debate or sit down with anyone or any race when I'm the target or intended prey of violence or crime. It's not my fault, moral responsibility or problem how you were raised or the seed that spawned you. It doesn't take "a village" or a community to raise children, it takes moral parents.

If I'm bothering no one going about my lawful and moral bidness, why in the world should I need to sit down and discuss it with anyone? Someone should sit down and discuss this nonsense with a group of racists, thugs, haters, gang-bangers and race baiter's and record the uncontrollable laughs.

Honestly, I'm not sure anymore either. This entire thing has me heated and not because it was black kids. And the fact that the majority of people I've seen post or talk about it, here or elsewhere, have been quick to point out that it was black kids. Has nothing to do with it. I should have kept my mouth shut because I'm having a hard time articulating my thoughts right now.

Well, let me attempt to make a guess, but by no means take offense as if I'm speaking for you: I'm assuming the reason you're heated is because it's white people complaining about black people, and you interpret that to be racist.

If that is the case, I'd caution you to think critically on the matter. First, I define racist as someone who believes worth, or lack of worth, is measured by your skin tone and heritage. Racism is an all or nothing thing. If you think black people are inferior, that is an absolute. You can't be racist, while at the same time believe that black people are your equal. Even people who make racially insensitive comments I would not classify as a racist, although that seems to be the metric nowadays.

So, with that said, understand that most of the folks here that you take issue with likely do not think that way. Certainly not me. I don't believe the issue with feral black teens is genetic, it is socioeconomic. The subculture that exists in poor black America is one which promotes violence, drug use and hatred of whites. Much like white racists who were raised to believe that blacks are inferior and are responsible for all the woes of the world. There is no shortage of stories regarding violent attacks on blacks by whites during the civil rights movement, and many of those went unpunished. As I said before, it wasn't okay back then and it isn't okay now.

The reason folks are identifying the race of these perpetrators has nothing to do with them being upset that the kids are black. I could care less. Like I said before, I'd be outraged at the criminals no matter what their color or the color of their victim. The outrage here, and the part that makes their race relevant to the conversation, is the disparity in the attention given by government officials and media. If it weren't for the nonsense in the news about the Ferguson shooting being race related (when it clearly was not) and the climate that those spun stories create, then the race of these teens would be inconsequential other than to understand the threat a white person or Hispanic might need to consider (this being a nationally practiced game by male black teens, to attack whites and Hispanics).

• Like 5

This is a never ending cycle until somebody changes the in-home relationship and ideals of the parents to their children.  Parents who are the dregs of society will more than likely have children who will be the same unless they are taught different.

No argument here and it's called a generational cycle but... Who is this "somebody"? You, me, the government? What about personal responsibility, moral values, compassion, respect?

• Like 1
[quote name="JWC" post="1187631" timestamp="1410195993"]Not trying to change topic but Can we use this against Mothers against Guns' (or whatever it is) campaign aimed at Kroger somehow?[/quote] Sure, but that would take somebody in the liberal media to put two and two together and come out with a headline that read something like "Unarmed male beaten by teens" and then make mention of the push by MAG to have all Kroger properties be gun free. It simply won't happen because media wouldn't want to give our side of the argument any credibility. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, let me attempt to make a guess, but by no means take offense as if I'm speaking for you: I'm assuming the reason you're heated is because it's white people complaining about black people, and you interpret that to be racist.

If that is the case, I'd caution you to think critically on the matter. First, I define racist as someone who believes worth, or lack of worth, is measured by your skin tone and heritage. Racism is an all or nothing thing. If you think black people are inferior, that is an absolute. You can't be racist, while at the same time believe that black people are your equal. Even people who make racially insensitive comments I would not classify as a racist, although that seems to be the metric nowadays.

So, with that said, understand that most of the folks here that you take issue with likely do not think that way. Certainly not me. I don't believe the issue with feral black teens is genetic, it is socioeconomic. The subculture that exists in poor black America is one which promotes violence, drug use and hatred of whites. Much like white racists who were raised to believe that blacks are inferior and are responsible for all the woes of the world. There is no shortage of stories regarding violent attacks on blacks by whites during the civil rights movement, and many of those went unpunished. As I said before, it wasn't okay back then and it isn't okay now.

The reason folks are identifying the race of these perpetrators has nothing to do with them being upset that the kids are black. I could care less. Like I said before, I'd be outraged at the criminals no matter what their color or the color of their victim. The outrage here, and the part that makes their race relevant to the conversation, is the disparity in the attention given by government officials and media. If it weren't for the nonsense in the news about the Ferguson shooting being race related (when it clearly was not) and the climate that those spun stories create, then the race of these teens would be inconsequential other than to understand the threat a white person or Hispanic might need to consider (this being a nationally practiced game by male black teens, to attack whites and Hispanics).

Not entirely.  I don't assume anyone to be racist.  The truth is that I don't know y'all and can't make that distinction.  However, you are talking to someone that grew up in black neighborhoods in a primarily black city.  My entire life, I've watched as people hate each other, from both sides.  I've always been a "can't we all just get along" type because I grew up in a situation where we did.  My best friend through my childhood was a black man named Erving.  Erving and I were and are brothers.  In the deepest, non blood sense of the word.  Erving and I had similar upbringings with parents that cared although his father was NOT around.  Both of us never got in trouble and as adults became responsible enough to support our respective families.  However, there were plenty of white and black kids around us that did not.  

I say all that to say that I feel as my upbringing was very different than the majority in this state.  This entire site seems to be biased against Memphis and crime is used as an excuse but I always suspect it has more to do with racial makeup.  The crime doesn't seem to be any different to me than any other place I've been in the state.  I see the same type areas in other cities. I've lived here all my life and never been shot, stabbed, robbed, mugged or had my house broken into.  I know plenty who can say the same.  I want out of the city.  But thats more about the  government than crime.  Actually it has nothing to do with crime.  So I'm a bit fed up with the Memphis hate and I knew when this happened, it was either going to be threads full of black kid whatever or threads full of typical Memphis.  I'm honestly surprised it wasn't the latter.  So forgive me if I got a bit carried away. 

• Like 1

1... Race matters because there is a deafening silence from the black community when this stuff happens... Now we can write this off as "their megaphone ain't big enough"; which I will buy to some extent because it don't fit the narrative... I, in fact, think that there are some black folks that care about this sort of thing; but they aint makin much headway in solving the problem.... They are shouted down or just get tired of fighting and shut up...

There are many black Americans speaking out against these "knock out" games and the racially biased reporting on Ferguson. Unfortunately, you won't see those folks being interviewed by the mainstream media. The media has an interest in stoking the fires. They stand something to lose by bringing grown ups on television who would could speak non-devisively and be black at the same time. No, the media finds the biggest idiot they can and gives them the most air time. This inspires other idiots, because they know that if it's on tv it must be true. Next thing you know people are burning stores over something that never actually happened.

That isn't unique to racially charged stories; the press does this with everything. I was watching a reporter in Africa the other day doing their best to bait folks who were quarantined to say they were being wrongly imprisoned. I assume so they could dramatize the story and create an issue that doesn't actually exist.

But yes, if you look around on YouTube there are several YouTube personalities who are black and are outraged by these attacks. Not that it matters though. I don't see it relevant that a black person is as upset about this as a white person. Their being black has no bearing on the actions of others. For the same reason I'm not ashamed to be white simply because there are other white people who do terrible things. Their actions have no bearing on me, and the fact that we share a skin color is about as relevant as if we shared an eye color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by TMF
  • Like 3

Not entirely.  I don't assume anyone to be racist.  The truth is that I don't know y'all and can't make that distinction.  However, you are talking to someone that grew up in black neighborhoods in a primarily black city.  My entire life, I've watched as people hate each other, from both sides.  I've always been a "can't we all just get along" type because I grew up in a situation where we did.  My best friend through my childhood was a black man named Erving.  Erving and I were and are brothers.  In the deepest, non blood sense of the word.  Erving and I had similar upbringings with parents that cared although his father was NOT around.  Both of us never got in trouble and as adults became responsible enough to support our respective families.  However, there were plenty of white and black kids around us that did not.  

I say all that to say that I feel as my upbringing was very different than the majority in this state.  This entire site seems to be biased against Memphis and crime is used as an excuse but I always suspect it has more to do with racial makeup.  The crime doesn't seem to be any different to me than any other place I've been in the state.  I see the same type areas in other cities. I've lived here all my life and never been shot, stabbed, robbed, mugged or had my house broken into.  I know plenty who can say the same.  I want out of the city.  But thats more about the  government than crime.  Actually it has nothing to do with crime.  So I'm a bit fed up with the Memphis hate and I knew when this happened, it was either going to be threads full of black kid whatever or threads full of typical Memphis.  I'm honestly surprised it wasn't the latter.  So forgive me if I got a bit carried away.

I think you have to remember something when you look at outsiders looking at Memphis the way they do. You, being black, have a different experience in Memphis than say a white man living in the same community. I grew up in a predominately Hispanic community where I fit right in so crime though prevalent never quite affected me or my family (much). If I ever found myself in a non-Hispanic area I was smart enough to know how I was perceived and didn't take offence if I was followed in a store by security. By default I was profiled due to the fact that it was mostly Hispanics doing the crimes, I didn't then nor do I now take offence when I get a second glance when in those areas. But my experience was probably very different than some of my friends that had to watch their backs constantly when in my hood; it is what it is.

Edit: Apparently I was mistaken of your race; which just baffles the heck out of me on your stance now. I am going to re-read this thread to see if I missed an even more glaring fact which led me to this conclusion. Edited by Omega

I think you have to remember something when you look at outsiders looking at Memphis the way they do. You, being black, have a different experience in Memphis than say a white man living in the same community. I grew up in a predominately Hispanic community where I fit right in so crime though prevalent never quite affected me or my family (much). If I ever found myself in a non-Hispanic area I was smart enough to know how I was perceived and didn't take offence if I was followed in a store by security. By default I was profiled due to the fact that it was mostly Hispanics doing the crimes, I didn't then nor do I now take offence when I get a second glance when in those areas. But my experience was probably very different than some of my friends that had to watch their backs constantly when in my hood; it is what it is.

LOL. Capbyrd isn't black, unless someone soaked him in Clorox for a LONG time.

TMF.... 

But yes, if you look around on YouTube there are several YouTube personalities who are black and are outraged by these attacks. Not that it matters though. I don't see it relevant that a black person is as upset about this as a white person. Their being black has no bearing on the actions of others. For the same reason I'm not ashamed to be white simply because there are other white people who do terrible things. Their actions have no bearing on me, and the fact that we share a skin color is about as relevant as if we shared an eye color.

RE: this.... I don't see it relevant that a black person is as upset about this as a white person. ...   You seem to be saying that race makes no difference here... It does; and to assume it doesn't is to overlook a myriad of problems...

I'll grant on a "global scale" that "all people" ought to be outraged about wrong-doing in general because it's an ethical issue; and that all people of good conscience, no matter the color, should be saddened by the actions of hoodlums...

Race simply cannot be taken out of this in this country... It's been made an issue since the sixties; and it is continuing today... You may choose not to believe that; but it requires a bunch of selective forgetting to get to that conclusion...

I am old enough to have heard the original speech that LBJ made declaring "War on Poverty"... I saw the news casts when MLK was shot in Memphis; i saw the first-hand reports on TV, i didn't read about them...   Fast forward 50 or so years; and the race baiters up front and behind the scenes have worked their magic... They have poisioned the minds of many in the black community; and it wont soon be fixed....  

This problem will be solved when several things happen... Folks need to realize and accept the following.....

1... The civil war has been over for 149 years... No one alive today owned slaves; and no one alive today was a slave... Slave days are over and your neighbor has taken nothin from you...

2... "You are responsible for you".... I, nor any other whitey i happen to know mistreated you or held you down...

3... To be responsible, you have to make a choice to be responsible... The only being keeping you from that is you...

Unfortunately, the way human nature is; its much easier not to believe what i outlined above; than to believe it... This issue has been goin on for over 50 years of my life... I predict it will not fix itself until the dole is done away with and black folks decide to fix their own problems... Other cultures have been comming here from around the world and succeeding... They have assimilated and thrived because they werent toting all the baggage we've been talkin about here.... 

The way i see things in this case, race matters, and matters very much....

Just found this from our buddies at "Legal Insurrection' blog:   http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/09/caught-on-video-black-teen-gang-beats-three-unconscious/#more-98840

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1
No, that wasn't what I was trying to say. What I'm saying is, if a mob of black teens commit a crime such as this, or even a heinous crime such as the Christian-Newsome murders, I don't expect any black person to express extra outrage simply because they're black too.

I would simply expect the same outrage, as a human being. The fact they share a skin color means nothing, and the expectation that one has a duty to speak out when a member of their race commits an atrocity is to expect us to divide and consolidate as different races as opposed to a collective of decent human beings.

Remembering back to when those guys drug that black man to death years ago in Texas. As horrific as that was, it didn't make me ashamed to be white. Why should it? The actions of those men have no bearing on me, and I didn't get to choose to be white, ya know? I don't feel the need to speak out against the actions of someone who had my same eye color, and that's about as relevant as skin color; just skin is easier to see.

I'll add that I don't know any black folks who hail from below the poverty line. The few black people I know are professionals. This and Ferguson have been hot topics lately, along with the ISIS thing, and they seem to say similar things to what I have to say about this crap. Then again, they're all right wing, so it should be expected. I think it would be weird to expect them to be outspoken about this just because they're black. Hell, if I thought they expected the same out of me every time some racist white idiot does something that makes the news I'd feel pretty uncomfortable.

• Like 3

Edit: Apparently I was mistaken of your race; which just baffles the heck out of me on your stance now. I am going to re-read this thread to see if I missed an even more glaring fact which led me to this conclusion.

Straight up honky.  

10383011_289124624593372_115804232708278

Why does that matter though as to my stance?  My stance is that they are PEOPLE and didn't do this because they are black, they did it because they are criminals.  And black and criminal are not mutually exclusive.  

• Like 5