So how about those Titans.....

Why would Kelly want to go to Nashville?   

As for Jackson,  OC in Cincy is a better job than HC in Nashville.  Though I suspect Hue will end up with his own team next season.  I'd prefer that the Bengals win the Super Bowl,  Marvin gets promoted to GM and Hue becomes the HC.  I can dream.

Why would Kelly want to go to Nashville?   

As for Jackson,  OC in Cincy is a better job than HC in Nashville.  

In what universe?  I am not saying they are more talented right now, but an OC vs. HC is hardly a decision.  The main thing hurting us right now is uncertainty over ownership.  Once that gets cleared out, I think you will see a new GM, and head coach.  I think it will all happen before next year.  I think current ownership just made it easier for a buyer to fire the GM and start fresh.  Not that it was hard before, but one less person to fire.

To add, my "in what universe" question may come across a bit strong.  It wasn't meant to.  Hard to convey some questions in writing  :surrender: .

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

The main thing hurting us right now is uncertainty over ownership.  Once that gets cleared out, I think you will see a new GM, and head coach.

This. It's no secret that the heirs don't want to fool with it. They want to focus on the family's other business interests. Maybe El Rushbo will try again. :)

To add, my "in what universe" question may come across a bit strong.  It wasn't meant to.  Hard to convey some questions in writing  :surrender: .

Hence my "I can dream" comment.   The Bengals have never had a GM, it has always been the Brown family in charge.  Since Mike Brown eased up on the reigns a bit Marvin has made serious headway.  Katie Blackwell does not presume to be the judge of football talent that Marvin is,  she is a money person. Marvin as GM and Hue as HC has been served up, I dunno the odds on the Brown family allowing it though.  At any rate I wish Jackson the best in his career and realistically only hope for a playoff win finally.  A super bowl win is putting the cart way before the horse.

And a real reason to not go to Nashville would be the volatility of working there.   Wizenhunt did not forget how to coach football overnight.  He was not the problem but you can't fire the owners.  Jackson worked for an idiot in Oakland, not sure how much of a hurry he is to be in that position again.  There will be better HC jobs out there.

At any rate it will take the next HC in Nashville years to assemble an offensive cast like the Bengals have right now.  By then the HC job will have rolled over at least one more time.   

Wizenhunt did not forget how to coach football overnight.  He was not the problem but you can't fire the owners. 

I will have to disagree.  He was the problem.  Coach's have to learn to adapt to their talent.  Whizenhut was too head strong to adapt and the performance of the team suffered.  I am not saying it was all on him, but most of it in my opinion.   Webster will be gone soon enough.  I actually like Underwood, but he will just be around until the sale goes through.  

My biggest fear is getting someone like Snyder or Jones buying the team who think they know it all.

Whiz made several comments about how he was trying but couldn't do it with the current team (paraphrasing).  He would not adapt the system.  He was "I'll stay in this system until we get the players capable of executing" .  I don't understand why he wouldn't adapt and then re-figure later when, or if, he did get better talent.  You get zero benefit from loosing games because you're stubborn (well maybe draft picks)

Lets not forget that Whisenhunt was a losing coach before he got here.  His overall record was less than before he coached the first Titans snap.  He was a terrible choice from the get go and never should have been hired.  I don't know who would be a better choice but I think they should bring in Justin Fuente. 

Perfect world scenario for the Titans...

Peyton Manning wins the Superbowl and retires.

Peyton Manning then fulfills the rumors that have been circulating for the last 2 years about him buying the Titans with the help of an investment group.

Titans then rebuild under Peyton Manning.

As a Denver fan, I'll take this scenario. This will be Peyton's last year playing, and I'd like to see him go out like Elway. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Tedro2022
  • Like 1

I've been a Denver fan for many years and lived in Colorado during Elway's rookie season. I'd love to see Peyton come to Tennessee, but in Knoxville and coach the Vols. I saw an interview where he said he'd love to come to UT as the QB coach. He also said he'd never accept the head coaching job because he has a lot of friends in Tennessee and don't want to lose them...LOL. I doubt he could do both own the Titans and do the QB coach gig with the Vols.