Say "go away" with tact!

Both excellent warnings for trespassing idiots, or any other kind of nogoodnik.

Not sure which I like better.

Both are great at least around my place if you do manage to get by the dogs then you get to meet this old "leather neck"

-Dusty-
  • Like 1
Considering that over 1/3 of US homes have firearms, I hardly think knowledge of one existing in a home based on a sign indicating the resident's willingness to use violence would embolden a person to target that house. I would say it is more likely that a person would be deterred by a sign which suggest the occupants are willing to kill intruders. Nothing is 100%, of course. Just like putting a security alarm sign in your yard won't deter 100%, doesn't mean it isn't effective. Of course it is. The whole point of taking active measures to deter crime is to appear a harder target than your neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

Considering that over 1/3 of US homes have firearms, I hardly think knowledge of one existing in a home based on a sign indicating the resident's willingness to use violence would embolden a person to target that house. I would say it is more likely that a person would be deterred by a sign which suggest the occupants are willing to kill intruders. Nothing is 100%, of course. Just like putting a security alarm sign in your yard won't deter 100%, doesn't mean it isn't effective. Of course it is. The whole point of taking active measures to deter crime is to appear a harder target than your neighbors.

Well stated

-Ne Desit Virtus-

.... I would say it is more likely that a person would be deterred by a sign which suggest the occupants are willing to kill intruders.

Downside is that the smarter criminals case a house to see activity pattern, and of course try to score when nobody's home. And a home where guns are likely to be the spoils is more attractive.

Same thing with vehicles with gun decals.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Downside is that the smarter criminals case a house to see activity pattern, and of course try to score when nobody's home. And a home where guns are likely to be the spoils is more attractive.

- OS

True, but in most cases where a home is targeted for firearms, cash or drugs, the burglar has inside information on the stash either through contact with the victim or third party. Personally, I don't have any signs out which suggest I'll shoot intruders for two reasons:

1. I don't want it to be used against me in a civil case,

2. It's tacky to do in a nice neighborhood.

I have a security alarm, a tasteful sign in the flower bed indicating alarm service, and a man eating dog. This is more than enough deterrent.

• Like 2

- OS

This may be true for normal houses but my house and activities are anything except normal. Half the time I don't even know my plans and do everything on impulse most days............... :up: :up:

• Like 1

c6743df2ac4e3516c1c9f1a056507092.jpg

-MOLON LABE-

My uncle has one like this on the gate to his property. Before he put it up, he had to shoot a guy a bunch of times to get the point across. Now he has a sign. He hasn't had to shoot any intruders for about 20 years. Maybe the sign is working?

• Like 2

I'm not going to put a sign up, I think a better message would be to remove your door and take it out back or to the range, shoot about 4 to 5-.45 holes about 4' to 5' up centered, with the exit holes on the outside face of course, re-install the door, if you have a storm door put a price sticker and manufacture lable on the glass, clean it with windex so it looks recently replaced, get some fake halloween blood and make a stain on the pourch or deck and maybe a bloody shoe laying in the corner. That would be a more direct message.  :rock: