TGO Godfather! It's here!

Smith

I will be doing a Godson run next year, the same knife as this but a little smaller

I'm excited about this one, too. I've been playing with the Godfather nonstop since yesterday, but for my style of carry it's just too big. It's light enough, just too big. It will remain a prize to be ogled and fondled from time to time. I think the Godson will be my future carry.

No worries, though... me and the TGO Rockeye are fast friends and it's at home in my pocket! :-)

I'm excited about this one, too. I've been playing with the Godfather nonstop since yesterday, but for my style of carry it's just too big. It's light enough, just too big. It will remain a prize to be ogled and fondled from time to time. I think the Godson will be my future carry.

No worries, though... me and the TGO Rockeye are fast friends and it's at home in my pocket! :-)

The Runt looks pretty good as well, musicman!

this knife is insane.  I expected something out of this world, but this it out of the universe!

I might carry it but it will never be a daily driver.  It would not function for daily use.  It is designed to do one thing.   Totally reminds me of the bayonet blade for a M1 Carbine.

This thing is badd ass.

Pretty sure a Godson will interest me.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 1

Been looking on Blade HQ at the various possibilities on the J4 Runt. Quite a few options, to say the least.

The "Godfather" matching style is awesome, but then some of the Cocobolo and Desert Ironwood are just stunning.

And I keep looking at a Tanto Style blade. I know it really doesn't look as impressive on the Runt's short blade...but maybe for a personal buy later.

Just way too many choices.

Finally , my GF's were delivered Monday ; I just got in the office to open the box. What can I say after all the adjectives that have been delivered in this thread and others but WOO HOO , these dudes ( got 2 ) ROCK and ROLL. This knife has been on my bucket list since I was what ever years old ; guess since I saw it in the interweb many mango seasons and gun shows ago. It's not my first Protech and it will dang sure not be my last.

Willis , you've done it AGAIN !

THANK YOU SIR !
  • Like 1

Everyone else's sort of "double clutch"? Meaning, sort of a two part release, "ka click"?

And if you push blade fully into handle all the way so that button comes up to highest position,  you can press button down to a first click that lets blade nudge out slightly but doesn't release it till pressed deeper?

Maybe this is normal, and not a big deal, but since it was so pricey a thang thought I'd ask.

- OS

edit: oops, posted this in other thread in Knives too, oh well, maximum exposure I guess since I can't delete it.  ;)

edit 2: Willis said in other thread this is normal.

Edited by Oh Shoot

Everyone else's sort of "double clutch"? Meaning, sort of a two part release, "ka click"?

And if you push blade fully into handle all the way so that button comes up to highest position,  you can press button down to a first click that lets blade nudge out slightly but doesn't release it till pressed deeper?

Maybe this is normal, and not a big deal, but since it was so pricey a thang thought I'd ask.

- OS

edit: oops, posted this in other thread in Knives too, oh well, maximum exposure I guess since I can't delete it.  ;)

edit 2: Willis said in other thread this is normal.

Yeah,  it's kinda normal. If you look inside, the release has to slide past the tension of the blade, so there will be some "grit" before it releases. Should smooth out with some play. Also, on mine I rotated the release button till I found a smoother engagement spot and it made it better. Just take the tension off a bit and you can spin the release button.

• Like 1

Wait , you guys are overthinking what a perp will hear before he dies ; doesn't really matter ....

You mean, just the hearing the snick of the blade won't make a perp two rooms away crap his pants and flee, same way racking a shotgun of course always does?

- OS

• Like 2