Baretta M9

Smith55

I prefer the glock, but only because I like things smaller, lighter, and more simplistic. I probably have 10k rounds or more through Berettas with only minor troubles probably associated with bad magazines. I have about as many through Glocks with the only problems that I can probably contribute to ammo. New Glock mags are about as cheap as used Beretta mags with both being readily available. Holsters are common for both as well. I shoot Glocks better and most people do only because of the lighter, shorter trigger.

Shoot them both if you have the chance; you will not go wrong with either. Edited by Patton
  • Like 3

I guess it depends on what your end use is.

I like the Berettas. Good shooters with a decent trigger. It's not a small or light gun however.

Personally I'm not a Glock fan (yes I've owned a few) but they are typically light weight and dependable.

Hundreds of rounds through my personal one with little to no issues and many times that with my Mil one with the same results. Its a very dependable gun, but its large frame keeps it from being my EDC. Since its a DA, it has an edge on my Browning Hi-Power but I like how my Browning shoots better. If you get a good deal on one you can't go wrong with it, many mags and holsters cheaply available and many parts too if needed. I too like my Glock but its a .40 G23, not a big fan of the G19.

I tend to prefer my G23 also. I shoot it just as well and prefer the extra energy. To each their own though.

Yup,it is a great gun, and once you get used to its top heaviness it balances well. I contemplated getting a G19 but just don't like the looks so went with the Browning which turned out to be a tack driver. Once we adopted the Beretta, I got one to keep my proficiency up since in my unit we didn't get much handgun ammo or range time at that. I would run a box each in my Browning and Beretta everyday at lunch time at McKellers Lodge in Ft Bragg.

I prefer the Berettas, the way they feel & shoot, but I like the Beretta Cougar even more than the M9/92 models. They're smaller & I shoot them more accurately. Tens of thousands of rounds through my Berettas & not a single malfunction from any of them. As far as reliability, they don't get much more reliable than Beretta. The 92's design has been around for over 60 years starting with the model 1951. Here's an artcle about the history of the M9 you might find interesting... http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/defense-beretta-92/

What do you think of a Beretta M9 as to reliability, accuracy, and durability. . . . . as compared to a Glock?

About the same.  The glock is probably more durable when it comes to "abuse", but I would rate them equal for "use".   Accuracy is relative ...  Ive said it before but it must be said again ... there is accuracy of the weapon and there is "burden on the shooter".   You lock both in a rest and shoot, results will be similar, and an acceptable tight group at 25 or so yards with good ammo.    But due to the trigger systems,  sights,  grips, and all a shooter may be handicapped in repeating those results .... they are not target pistols, they are military / LEO sidearms.

About the same.  The glock is probably more durable when it comes to "abuse", but I would rate them equal for "use".   Accuracy is relative ...  Ive said it before but it must be said again ... there is accuracy of the weapon and there is "burden on the shooter".   You lock both in a rest and shoot, results will be similar, and an acceptable tight group at 25 or so yards with good ammo.    But due to the trigger systems,  sights,  grips, and all a shooter may be handicapped in repeating those results .... they are not target pistols, they are military / LEO sidearms.

Very well said, Jonnin. A good concise answer that covers the subject well.

I have both . Both shoot very well. The Beretta's slide feels like it is on ball bearings. Very nice . But I would go with the Glock. I once detail stripped the Beretta . The amount of levers and springs and pins are unbelieveable. With the Glock , there's only about 34 parts and there's no need for any special tool to completely detail strip it. The Beretta is very nice looking but the GLock is my answer for it will always work period. The beretta will eventually fail or break or something. I'm a hobby mechanic so i put it in these terms : The Beretta is a Cadilac and the Glock is a Toyota truck . This is my $.02 .