What pistols would you add to this collection?(Light topic, for fun only)

espacef1fan

Glocks will be collector items someday. There just won’t be anyone admiring them and saying “These were made back when quality was king.” biggrin.gif

You mean like Glocks made during the before seven years ago? Edited by Patton

While a 4" 357mag is a great versatile gun, don't pass on a 3" for the right deal.

Totally agree with this!  There is a really nice S&W 13-4 in a 3" barrel out of Seymour up for trade on FB.  I'd love to have, but have nothing to trade.

• 6 months later...

In no particular order, my list is:

East German or Russian Makarov

S&W 4506

Beretta M9

US issued 1911

S&W Model 29

Deagle in .50, chrome finished perfered

Hi Power

Walther p38

Walther PPK

Colt Python

All these would be range toys / collectibles. I pretty much have by HD / CCW needs locked down.

• Like 1

The Keltec 32 is 6.6oz unloaded and thin as my cell phone and works.  It is just too easy to drop into the pocket with a Desantis pocket holster.  A friend of mine, a WWII Marine who is still alive and I have shot just about every type of .380 and .32 made out of several different pistols.  Not scientifically but into catalogs, wet newspaper etc. What we figured is that it is best to use ball ammo in those two calibers, cause expansion worth anything isn't really happening and penetration isn't impressive.  Just for grins we shot a 9mm Corbon +P when we were doing this and we were thunderstruck at what the Cor Bon did in comparison.  However, being pragmatic and delusional, I figure 7 x .32ACP FMJs would be an unpleasant experience for the target and I can dump all 7 in a dinner plate at 5 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger, left or right handed one-handed, lying on my side or back.   I can also do that with my own "uglified" Glock 19 which allows me a very useful "grab and go" grip one-handed either hand.  If I were going to an orderly range just to shoot Modified Weaver strong hand two-hand I would have kept the Sig X-Five Tactical I had a few years ago.   That was a pleasure to shoot but too darn big for anything but a range toy.  I have two nice .22 pistols that satisfy any two-handed range shooting these days.

• Like 1

Well no pistol collection would be complete without a PLR-16. It’s the only pistol I know of that has everything a SBR has but doesn’t require any tax stamps or permissions from the government and costs under $500.

You are absolutely correct Dave, I suspect if I ever run across a PLR-16 that's still on the shelf at a LGS I'll drop the coin and paperwork application time to take it home. I'm wondering if the PLR-16 would fall into the acceptable category for the SiG and like arm braces?

You are absolutely correct Dave, I suspect if I ever run across a PLR-16 that's still on the shelf at a LGS I'll drop the coin and paperwork application time to take it home. I'm wondering if the PLR-16 would fall into the acceptable category for the SiG and like arm braces?

I don’t know, I don’t mess with any of that stuff; don’t need it. The ATF approved the PLR-16 as a handgun years ago. The only place I know of it has been an issue was in a case in Sumner County Tennessee. It was the aftermath of a drug deal. The DA tried to charge a guy on a weapons charge that had a PLR-16 in the car. My understanding is he ended up agreeing to sell the gun as part of a plea agreement to drop the weapons charge.

How did keltec make the list?

You can conceal a Kel-Tec P-32 in a see-thru speedo....they're that tiny. LOL

So digging this back up, the revolver phase I was going through seems over. I'm really hankering for these at the moment:
-M9/92fs
- Sig 938
-PPK
- G17/19

Seriously though, if you aren't going to get a CZ, get that Berretta on your list. It's not very concealable, but it's different than everything on your other list and variety is the spice of life.