Ammo deal

Just left lebanon Walmart. Plenty of 9mm at 6.94. Few boxes of .308 at that price. I got the last box of .223 and a couple of boxes of 9mm just for the brass. There were at least 30 boxes of 9mm left or more. Things are looking up. I think I saw some green tip too haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like I need to go back to Walmart.  I bought 4 boxes of the .223 last Friday at $18 a box.  I'd love to find some more!

BTW, bought 4 boxes Monarch .223 today at Academy for $5.47 along with a box of DRT 9mm 85gr JHPs for $15.They had plenty of both. My two ARs and my Saiga .223 gobble steel case up like a chocoholic gobbles up M&Ms!

Edited by Moped

What are their limits my friend?

My limit was 10 of each caliber with 5 from each of the two stores. The guy at the counter at Charlotte said that he sold a whole case of of the 9mm to someone.  Don't know how many were in a case though.  Could have been a limit, but didn't seem like it.

Why don't you people buy ammo for calibers that you do need and leave the rest?  That would go a long way towards stabilizing things.

Yeah, I almost bought a box of Federal green tip before it all disappeared. Then I remembered I don't even have an AR...

Stopped by wal mart in Jackson after working 8p-8a. The nice gentleman in sporting goods was walking up with a buggy full of un-opened ammo. I asked if I could get some stuff from the case, one box of perfecta .308 was there for $7. He said, "I think I've got more in this cart and I've got all the other perfecta stuff it's a great deal.". I said I'll take 2 boxes of each, 9,40, 45,.308. He said if you want a deal I have a 1k case of the .308, $374. I said no thanks but thanks. I added 3 boxes of Tula 7.62x39 for $5.47 a box. That's 400 rounds for $80. I reload everything but having loaded ammo is a luxury at times, got it while I could. Of course, no .22's. Edited by Jct1911
I'm really curious. Which brand of 9mm ammo are you guys finding for sale at Walmart for $6.94 a box? Cheapest I have been able to find here in Memphis was Federal aluminum case for $9.97. Even the Tula was a dollar more than the Federal. I reload and my cost to reload Xtreme plated 115 grain FMJ is about $12.00 per hundred. At $7 per box of fifty that's too good to pass up, even as much as I like to roll my own.

I'm really curious. Which brand of 9mm ammo are you guys finding for sale at Walmart for $6.94 a box? Cheapest I have been able to find here in Memphis was Federal aluminum case for $9.97. Even the Tula was a dollar more than the Federal. I reload and my cost to reload Xtreme plated 115 grain FMJ is about $12.00 per hundred. At $7 per box of fifty that's too good to pass up, even as much as I like to roll my own.

"Where you listening to the Dude's story, Donnie?"

Sorry, kidding around. It's called Perfecta, made in Italy. Rumor has it that it is re-branded Tula BrassMax.

"Where you listening to the Dude's story, Donnie?"

Sorry, kidding around. It's called Perfecta, made in Italy. Rumor has it that it is re-branded Tula BrassMax.

Gotcha. Thanks. I read your post that the .308 was Perfecta just didn't catch the 9mm was same brand. That's interesting as they are getting $13.97 here for it. Was there some sort of sale posted, cause that's half price from what I saw on 3-12.

Gotcha. Thanks. I read your post that the .308 was Perfecta just didn't catch the 9mm was same brand. That's interesting as they are getting $13.97 here for it. Was there some sort of sale posted, cause that's half price from what I saw on 3-12.

Seems the cheap Perfecta is all in Middle TN?

- OS

• Like 1

Just bought Perfecta 308 for $6.94/20. 3 box limit at the Wally at Nolensville and Bell Rd, and no limit at the Antioch/Mboro Rd Wally. I could have bought four cases, but my wallet would have kicked my butt. Lots of $7/50 9mm and other similar deals available at 5:20pm today.

I've said too much <_< >_>

Seriously? $7/50 9mm is that brass? That is $140/1000 It is costing me around $150 to reload 1000 9mm picking up my own brass. I think I am wasting my time now.

• Like 1

I want to thank the gentlemen who was kind enough to split the last 8 boxes of 9mm Perfecta with me at the Charlotte location this past Friday evening. I did not want to leave it unsaid in the event you were a member of the forum. 

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 2

okay, so I went to the Walmart in south Memphis while I had time at lunch today. Sure enough, they had about 20 boxes of the Perfecta in 9mm.  I asked the clerk to scan a box just to see if there was some sort of mark down that was not showing on the price listed in the glass cabinet. It scanned $13.97. I mentioned some of the brethren had purchased this fine ammunition in other locales across the state at 1/2 the price she had quoted me. She had no idea why the price difference. There was a "Zone Mgr" just a few aisles over and she called her over.  I explained to the Zone Mgr about the prices reported across the state and asked if she could sell me the ammo for the same price. She then took out a small hand held computer that looks like a pricing/inventory tool, and was able to pull up the current price for the same ammo in Jackson, TN, where Jct1911 had purchased his ammo. She told me there was a "Rollback" on the ammo but it was now selling for $10.97 per box. She could not explain why it was for sale in Jackson and other stores across the state for $6.94, but could only confirm that it was selling for $10.97 now.  She agreed to sell it for that price. The only problem was, they still have a three box limit per day per customer. Before I left, I asked who set the prices and why they differed between cities within less than 100 miles apart. The Zone Mgr said all the prices are set in the home office in AR.  :ugh:

• Like 1

okay, so I went to the Walmart in south Memphis while I had time at lunch today. Sure enough, they had about 20 boxes of the Perfecta in 9mm.  I asked the clerk to scan a box just to see if there was some sort of mark down that was not showing on the price listed in the glass cabinet. It scanned $13.97. I mentioned some of the brethren had purchased this fine ammunition in other locales across the state at 1/2 the price she had quoted me. She had no idea why the price difference. There was a "Zone Mgr" just a few aisles over and she called her over.  I explained to the Zone Mgr about the prices reported across the state and asked if she could sell me the ammo for the same price. She then took out a small hand held computer that looks like a pricing/inventory tool, and was able to pull up the current price for the same ammo in Jackson, TN, where Jct1911 had purchased his ammo. She told me there was a "Rollback" on the ammo but it was now selling for $10.97 per box. She could not explain why it was for sale in Jackson and other stores across the state for $6.94, but could only confirm that it was selling for $10.97 now.  She agreed to sell it for that price. The only problem was, they still have a three box limit per day per customer. Before I left, I asked who set the prices and why they differed between cities within less than 100 miles apart. The Zone Mgr said all the prices are set in the home office in AR.  :ugh:

Man just move to middle TN like I did. That's where all the gun classifieds are and well priced ammo too now it seems!  :usa:

Edited by maroonandwhite
  • Like 1

Man just move to middle TN like I did. That's where all the gun classifieds are and well priced ammo too now it seems!  :usa:

Don't let my wife see that. Our 2 year old grandson lives in Nashvegas and the wife just about has a cow at least once a month or so complaining she doesn't see him enough....

• Like 1