Founder of Nashville Armory pleads guilty to FDCA violation

Brian Manookian is listed as a "founder" on the Nashville Armory website. He's also a local attorney in Nashville.

The release states he faces up to one year in prison when sentenced in June. I wonder how that would affect his partnership with Nashville Armory, not to mention his career as an attorney.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/tnm/pressReleases/2015/2015_03_11.html

Edited by TripleDigitRide

We were watching the news at 10 last night and saw this. My wife asked about the name when I perked up hearing Manookian mentioned.

We talked about him, the Nashville Armory, and his "other business" for a while.

As a nurse of 41 years service, she was very concerned about the "injectable tanning" products. Was pretty sure no good could come of it or using it.

This was her unsolicited, and personal, not meant to be a professional statement of opinion.

She questioned that so many people jump in on a new product in efforts to be thin, tanned, or unwrinkled.

Is what he did considered a felony ?

I believe the words 'up to one year' indicate that it's a misdemeanor. I don't think disbarment is out of the question. Just my opinion . . .

Edited to add - I read 'up to 5 years' so I guess it's a felony and the Graybar Hilton. Edited by enfield

I believe the words 'up to one year' indicate that it's a misdemeanor. I don't think disbarment is out of the question. Just my opinion . . .

Edited to add - I read 'up to 5 years' so I guess it's a felony and the Graybar Hilton.

I believe the possibility of a five year sentence was in reference to someone else involved. They share the same last name, so I assume they are related.
He had been warned by the FDA. He lied about the product being made here, when in fact it was made in China. He needs to do prison time; I don’t care how many gun stores he owns.

As far as being disbarred; I think that’s up to the Bar Association. I know an attorney that did Federal Prison time on income tax evasion and they let him practice law when he got out; he was a dirt bag.