McMinnville elementary student shaved head because...

Sam1

The F******* idiots in charge of that school said he couldn't wear a high and tight in support of his brother deployed in the military.

http://www.fox17.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/McMinnville-Boy-Honoring-Brother-With-Military-Haircut-Forced-by-School-to-Shave-It-Off-107206.shtml

They need a good dose of some public outcry to their emails, faxes & phones.

• Like 3
What jerks!

"Schools Director Bobby Cox wouldn't comment on this case but said the district doesn't have a policy against military haircuts and it's up to each school to determine if a haircut is distracting.

Bobby Ray Memorial was named in honor of a soldier from McMinnville who was killed in Vietnam. "

What in the h_ _ _ is wrong with people these days. The little boy is more of a grown up than the ones running the school. BTW this was a standard issue haircut when I was his age.

Yep. Pretty much what I had till 15 or so. Not so different from the old "flat top" cuts.

They need a good dose of some public outcry to their emails, faxes & phones.

School:

Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary

504 N. Chancery Street

McMinnville, TN 37110

Phone:

931-473-9006

Principal:

Monti Hillis hillism1@warrenschools.com Principal

Listed as "Administrators" for the district:

Katrina Haley haleyk@warrenschools.com

Tracy Risinger risingert@k12tn.net

Sherry Trotman trotmans@k12tn.net

Candice Willmore willmorec@k12tn.net

Dianna Zadeh zadehd@k12tn.net

Although this info is easily available I am having a time finding Bobby Cox's information. Seems to have been pulled from the site and any FB page is private.

This particular incident will be fixed due the public outrage. Unfortunately another school administrator with nearly 30 years on the job will have to have common sense explained to them.

I’m sure there are plenty of intelligent teachers in our system. But teachers being allowed to make dumbazz decisions like this make them all a target of criticism. Teachers should be upset also and question the ability of administrators when they make decisions that defy common sense.
  • Like 3
  • Authorized Vendor

This particular incident will be fixed due the public outrage. Unfortunately another school administrator with nearly 30 years on the job will have to have common sense explained to them.

I’m sure there are plenty of intelligent teachers in our system. But teachers being allowed to make dumbazz decisions like this make them all a target of criticism. Teachers should be upset also and question the ability of administrators when they make decisions that defy common sense.

The only place where me might differ on this opinion is I'm not convinced there are any intelligent teachers  with a lick of common sense left in the public school system. Wrong is wrong and for this lad to be sent home/punished for something like this tells me there is nobody in that school with any intestinal fortitude to do the right thing.

• Like 2

Part of me just has to believe there's more to this story that what's currently being reported.  If not....  :stunned:    :squint:    :shrug:

I think a local barber should offer "high & tights" to students for $2.  Have most of the boys in the school show up monday morning with high & tights. 

I think it's pretty legit peej, they were on tv doing an interview and had a copy of the email sent to them AND the mother had given the kid another high and tight again, it was shorter than before because he didn't have much hair left, but I'm glad to see she's doing it to spite them.

• Like 3
Whoever it was that made the bad decision needs to be fired. If the people of Warren county allow this to go with a stupid timeout, or useless punishment, your school system should be cut off from all funding in the name of allowing ignorance to be instilled into minors.
The kid should take a dump on the floor of the principals office because there's probably no policy that says you cant,and if they still want to challenge him he should tell them his haircut and dump protocol is part of his religion.Just like the ninja outfits that are allowed to be worn in schools by foreign nationals. Bastards
This boy did something in the name of love and respect. Something LACKING in todays schools

I'm not convinced there are any intelligent teachers  with a lick of common sense left in the public school system.....

Please allow me to introduce you to the "Delightful & Wonderful Mrs. Kari (She Who Must Be Obeyed) U.S. Army Wife, Retired" and a public/private elementary school teacher for over 30+ years.

While at Bragg and Campbell she would have classrooms full of little boys wearing the same Airborne/Ranger High & Tight haircuts as their Dads.  Over 30 of marriage to me she watched my High & Tight become a Loose & Shinny!

Yet - - - She would agree with you that those who can't teach well seem to find their way into higher paying administrative jobs that at least gets them away from the student in the classroom.  That however often leaves those same administrators in a position to use their poor logic and methods at a larger scale such as in this case.  

• Like 1

School:

Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary

504 N. Chancery Street

McMinnville, TN 37110

Phone:

931-473-9006

Principal:

Monti Hillis hillism1@warrenschools.com Principal

Listed as "Administrators" for the district:

Katrina Haley haleyk@warrenschools.com

Tracy Risinger risingert@k12tn.net

Sherry Trotman trotmans@k12tn.net

Candice Willmore willmorec@k12tn.net

Dianna Zadeh zadehd@k12tn.net

Although this info is easily available I am having a time finding Bobby Cox's information. Seems to have been pulled from the site and any FB page is private.

Looks like Bobby Cox is running scared, must be getting a lot of heat!

What jerks!

"Schools Director Bobby Cox wouldn't comment on this case but said the district doesn't have a policy against military haircuts and it's up to each school to determine if a haircut is distracting.

Bobby Ray Memorial was named in honor of a soldier from McMinnville who was killed in Vietnam. "

High and Tight is distracting but a shaved head isn't? 

• Like 1