Ants lots of Ants

I know that lots of rain brings out the ants , but we have lots and lots of ants inside our house bigtime. 

Are any of you guys having the same problem ? I thought for sure they would go away by now but they are getting worse. Even our shed has them too. Are you guys having them this bad ?

Same here, it's like just because I invite my uncles over, they think that means they have to be here too.....sorry :lol:

But seriously, we have them pretty bad at our back door, spray, they go away and come right back. Hoping they ease up soon.

yes they are everywhere.  coming in the house.  making mounds in the yard.  making mounds in the hay fields.  they are all over the place.  for the last two weeks I have been on a killing spree, but I am losing the battle. 

Get the ant spray from HD big white bottle with hand sprayer , spray the perimeter and no more ants !

YES! Spray the heck out of all porch areas and doorways.

Side note: For the last couple of years, as I put out the hummingbird feeders, those little suckers have found ways to get to the feeder and commit suicide in the mix.

• Like 1

YES! Spray the heck out of all porch areas and doorways.

Side note: For the last couple of years, as I put out the hummingbird feeders, those little suckers have found ways to get to the feeder and commit suicide in the mix.

There is a cup that attaches to your hanger and then to the feeder, add water and the ants won't bother the feeder. WalMart or Lowes probably has it, I got mine at Garrs years ago.

Get the ant spray from HD big white bottle with hand sprayer , spray the perimeter and no more ants !

Do this (the interior perimeter) and put traps out. I had the same problem a couple of years ago, I couldn't believe how infested we were. Might also make sure there is not food on the counters and button everything else up while you're at it.

I also sprayed the outside foundation and area with one of those attach-to-hose bug treatments that's specifically for ants.

• Like 1

Had to deal with the ant invasion a few weeks ago at my house.  Somehow they found a way directly into my kitchen, which I found out  after saying "I'll clean it up in the morning" one night.  I sprayed and set out the traps.  It's worked so far.

There is a cup that attaches to your hanger and then to the feeder, add water and the ants won't bother the feeder. WalMart or Lowes probably has it, I got mine at Garrs years ago.

Do this (the interior perimeter) and put traps out. I had the same problem a couple of years ago, I couldn't believe how infested we were. Might also make sure there is not food on the counters and button everything else up while you're at it.

I also sprayed the outside foundation and area with one of those attach-to-hose bug treatments that's specifically for ants.

Like the "squrrill-proof" feeders, these haven't worked for us.

I put on a feeder last spring and within a week, there was a steady line of ants from a wrought iron post, across the wood to the hanger. 

I sprayed probably a whole can of ant killer on the porch ledge, the post, and across their tracks. That did finally stop them last year.

We'll see what happens this year.

Ants are always bad in the spring.

I use Spectracide.  Sprinkle it on and around the mounds and the ants die.  Or the mound just moves,  LOL.  Tough bastards to get rid of, but the stuff does eventually get them.

I have had the same issues with ants of late. I use the Terro liquid bait traps, they work great! I have not tried spraying yet because it seems like after a few days of setting the bait they all die. Wasp have been terrible too, but thats a whole nother mess to deal with.

Edited by XxthejuicexX

Ants are always bad in the spring.

I use Spectracide.  Sprinkle it on and around the mounds and the ants die.  Or the mound just moves,  LOL.  Tough bastards to get rid of, but the stuff does eventually get them.

Spectracide. Thanks. I could not remember the name last night.

Yes this stuff works.

Well thanks for the information fellows. I dont wish bad on others but I am glad that its just not my house. I guess we will tough it out. Maybe I can show my little 8 yr old girl all these ants  and tell her that its her fault because she is always leaving candy wrappers under her bed after sneaking candy into her room . Maybe she will finally stop doing that :rofl:

I use this same stuff every year and it works well.

Also the Terro bait does the job over time. It requires patience though because you want the ants to go to it and travel back to the nest.