An Interesting Question. What If...

Things like this make my head hurt. I keep getting confused on the Muslim / Islam programs. If you are a Muslim does that automatically make you a terrorist? If you are a believer in Islam but not a Muslim are you a terrorist? Can you be a believer in Islam and the Islamic faith and not be a Muslim?  Is there a line between them that I don't see and if so can someone explain it to me. I have never felt that all people of Islamic faith are terrorists. How do you tell them apart? To see a person from any of the middle East nations, does that mean they are automatically a terrorist? Sorry but I have always had an issue with understanding this? I guess it is the old man Syndrome in me....................... :shrug: :shrug:

Not being sarcastic....but if you ever read the Quran it really gives you quite a bit think about.

Who in our lifetime was a better president?

Who in our lifetime was a GOOD President?  We've been going downhill since the end of WWII.  We are starting to scrap bottom now.  We will probably dig a big old hole in a few more years.  Which President made us better?

George Bush Sr. was also another anti gun Republican like Reagan. We can thank Bush Sr. for the ban on importing "assault weapons" from foreign countries. It was his actions that caused the ATF to create 922r. And not to be outdone George Bush Jr. did some other stuff. I can't remember exactly what he did but it affects every gun owner today by further inhibiting our rights as gun owners. Jr. also recommended the Assault Weapons Ban be extended but he could not get it done.

We have not had a president that supports gun rights in at least 40 years and probably close to 50 years. Every president in the last 30 years wanted gun control extended and did everything they could to limit our rights.

• Like 1

as for "made us better" he set the bar at going to the moon, it happened. I am not so sure without his challenge it would have happened.  The country had national pride then.  Real pride that could be acted upon.  Now national pride is lip service.  As for Camelot, when is the last time women of this country emulated the First Lady?

As for "better president" he made the Russian's blink. Actually not only blink but back the fuck off.

Yeah Reagen gets this credit for tearing down the wall.  I am pretty sure it was German citizens who tore it down. That wall was coming down no matter what Reagan said.

As for being a great actor,  his Hollywood credits have nothing to do with that comment.  Though his role as George Gipp is arguably unsurpassed.

• Like 1

Don't know about his acting but he was the most patriotic and down to earth in office as I can recall.

Wish we had folks with at least as half of his love for country now!

We have a failed directorate! Idiot monkeys that just follow the norm. Carter? Bawahahahahahah

carter was a weenie, but he did less to damage the constitution than Reagan. Just food for thought, but aside from being a pushover maybe he had at least some of the right idea in what I can only imagine was a "do as little as possible" administration. 

Hell  I wish we could have 4-8 years of someone doing as little as possible now, if only so we can catch up to where we are.

• Like 1

Well, I have a pretty good idea about the Muslin/Islam issue now and thank all for that. I guess unless the police and Homeland Security can catch the bad ones planning on hurting a lot of people and can stop them in time we will some day experience  more things like the Boston Marathon Bombings across the country.

As far as Presidents Kennedy was a good one for what time he got to prove it. I think he would have been a  good one. Since then I guess Reagan would be next in line but only on a few issues. He showed the Unions who is really the boss when he fired unionized Traffic Controllers that were on strike. put military controllers in the airports until he could get new non union controllers trained and in the towers or allowed any that wanted to return in a non union status could go back to work. He also brought the jobs back and straightened out the budget from the brink of disaster and got people back working, Helped in getting the Wall torn down and fixed relations with Russia...................... :up: :up:

• Like 1

What we need is a return to Torah law (Deuteronomy). "All divorced persons and mouthy kids report to the court house to be stoned to death!" Old Testament law is just as bloody and terroristic as Sharia Law.  Read the words of the Nazarene and learn to live with each other!

What we need is a return to Torah law (Deuteronomy). "All divorced persons and mouthy kids report to the court house to be stoned to death!" Old Testament law is just as bloody and terroristic as Sharia Law. Read the words of the Nazarene and learn to live with each other!

AMEN!

85%-95% of Muslims are not "terrorists" per many national security agencies...so only 50,000,0000 - 150,000,000 followers are committed to the literal teaching of Islam.

AMEN!

85%-95% of Muslims are not "terrorists" per many national security agencies...so only 50,000,0000 - 150,000,000 followers are committed to the literal teaching of Islam.

Well, just look at what the <3% of LGBT has been able to achieve in the US.  Shows what a dedicated minority willing to set brush fires can achieve...

What exactly did Reagan do to make him the best?

Reagan won the cold war and indirectly caused the fall of the Soviet Union. The Soviets overspent on weapons to the point that their entire economy collapsed. Their leaders' overspending on the military was a direct response to Reagan's policies. Had he sought to appease the Soviet Union, they would have done what Iran is doing now.... stalling and building their forces at a more sustainable pace.

Today, our government is doing exactly the opposite of Reagan. We're overspending on nonproductive social programs and compromising with Iran on nuclear weapons.

• Like 1