Thoughts By Lt. Col. Allen West

Lt. Colonel Allen West posted these comments on his timeline on Facebook 9 hours ago.

"Yippee, the Confederate battle flag has now been removed from the grounds of the South Carolina State Capitol. And, just like that, it solves the problem of black-on-black crime and killings. Now we’ll see the out-of-wedlock

birthrate in the black community drop from 75%. There will be better educational opportunities and schools in South Carolina’s black communities and all across America. The black unemployment rate will drop —especially the

almost 40% black teenage unemployment rate. We’ll now see an economic entrepreneurial boon in the inner cities because the Confederate battle flag’s been lowered. And there’ll be no more gangs of blacks beating on

whites — as we saw in Ohio recently. Yep, the liberal progressive media shouted "squirrel" and an entire nation went a running. All the yelling and shouting by the crowds was evidence of those who lack grace, respect and

dignity. Former South Carolina Gamecocks football coach Lou Holtz remarked that when you get to the end zone, you should act like you’ve been there before. So what does the lowering of the Confederate battle flag have to

do with the killing of little seven-year-old Amari Brown in Chicago — anyone know when his funeral is?"

For those who aren't familiar with Colonel West, he is a black retired Army officer and former member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

Edited by EssOne
  • Like 12
Allen West is ignorant for attempting to blame the removal of the flag on blacks. That flag came down because of corporate pressure. Blacks don't have the political or financial power to dictate those types of changes.

When the people with the money started to put pressure on the state, that's when the ball started rolling.

West, much like cable news has to stay relevant by keeping their groupies angry and afraid.

My take on it was that he was saying that while removing the flag might have made some folks feel better, it really accomplished nothing substantive for black Americans. - that at the end of the day, all of the problems they had when the flag was up they still had when the flag was down.  

Agree about corporate pressure bringing the flag down. I think State government saw big corporate bucks going out the window if the flag stayed up.  

• Like 7

Allen West is ignorant for attempting to blame the removal of the flag on blacks. That flag came down because of corporate pressure. Blacks don't have the political or financial power to dictate those types of changes.

When the people with the money started to put pressure on the state, that's when the ball started rolling.

West, much like cable news has to stay relevant by keeping their groupies angry and afraid.

Link, I'm just curious, is there anyone you actually do like? Over the years I've watched you bitch about every political figure that is mentioned on this forum. You've complained about liberals, conservatives and everyone in between.

I just reread West's post and I don't see any mention of blaming blacks for the flag coming down. He actually said the liberal media got the ball rolling. 

I think his post has a lot of valid points personally. 

• Like 8

Link, I'm just curious, is there anyone you actually do like? Over the years I've watched you bitch about every political figure that is mentioned on this forum. You've complained about liberals, conservatives and everyone in between.

I just reread West's post and I don't see any mention of blaming blacks for the flag coming down. He actually said the liberal media got the ball rolling. 

The worst losers of all were the nine people whose murders were immediately forgotten in the headlong rush to get rid of the flag.

• Like 12

I wouldn't call it bitching simply because you don't agree with my opinions. For the record, I really dislike politicians and cable news personalities because they pit hard working Americans against one another.

I've read your post for years, and you are no dummy. I'm certain that you can see that if these clowns couldn't play conservative against liberal and black against white, there would be no need for them. The people must always be angry or afraid for cable news and nuts like a West and Sharpton to remain relevant.

Who or what says that I must like a certain politician or cable celebrity? If you've followed my post as you claim that you have, you will see mentioned somewhere that over the last couple of election cycles I mentioned that I've favored Ron and Rand Paul. I can even recall a former member complaining that I was wasting my vote by not voting for Romney. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 2

I wouldn't call it bitching simply because you don't agree with my opinions. For the record, I really dislike politicians and cable news personalities because they pit hard working Americans against one another.

I've read your post for years, and you are no dummy. I'm certain that you can see that if these clowns couldn't play conservative against liberal and black against white, there would be no need for them. The people must always be angry or afraid for cable news and nuts like a West and Sharpton to remain relevant.

Who or what says that I must like a certain politician or cable celebrity? If you've followed my post as you claim that you have, you will see mentioned somewhere that over the last couple of election cycles I mentioned that I've favored Ron and Rand Paul. I can even recall a former member complaining that I was wasting my vote by not voting for Romney.

Same person told me the same thing. And because Romney didn't win the last four years are probably our fault. It wouldn't have mattered who won we would still be where we are today with the races at odds with each other, the economy still in the dumps and several wars going on. Romney was not the savior, he is just like all other politicians in Washington right now.

• Like 2

The attributed AW comments in line with his other speeches and presentations as well as being profoundly sarcastic. No, S.C.'s decision to take down the "Rebel Flag" isn't going to solve any of the black communities problems. It was also w/o doubt an act driven more by cooperate motivations than respect for racial feelings. I suspect LTC West's sole point on the flags coming down is that's the only thing that happened. All the other ballyhoo about improved race relations and such is wishful thinking because that serves no political agenda.

Edited by TNWNGR
  • Like 2

I looked at his Facebook page and I don't see these comments posted. Am I missing something?

Go farther down on his timeline. I had trouble pulling it up after it appeared on my wife's FB page. It was a lot farther down than I expected and I was about to give up when I found it.

He told it like it is. No BS from him.

When you are an opportunistic black man, one of the easiest ways to fill the coffers is to say things that most whites can't or won't. The same thing is happening on the other side, so unless you are willing to jump off of the merry go round, MSNBC, FOX, Sharpton and West are always going to exaggerate the issues that Americans face, so that they can keep their profitable playgrounds running.
  • Like 1

I find it very hard to believe that anyone could in any way Compare Lt. Colonel Allen West as a News guru and to even put his name and Al Sharpton in the same sentence is disgraceful at best. The Colonel serve our country with Pride and Dignity for many years. Al Sharpton has not served anything but racial unrest and is a racist bigot..................  JMHO 

• Like 4

West just gives it back to them with no regrets. I don't see him as an opportunist. He's calls them out because he can and knows very few white leaders will do so.
I'd like to see him in the WH.

There are those who feel the same about Sharpton.

My entire take on LTC West's speeches, public presentations and FB commenting is he's trying to represent himself as a positive role model by means of media attention. He's intelligent and highly motivated and a potential threat to the extreme leftist government and SJW elitist academic leaders and media. However with all of that he's entirely mortal with all of the faults and flaws of the rest of us and very much in a fish bowl. I don't place him in the same category of race baiters such as Jackson or Sharpton but for all of his positive attributes there are the parallels of use of notoriety for objective gain. Links2k exposes a jaded and suspicious view point that might rankle but that's alright in my opinion because I'm of a suspicious nature. Personally I have a high regard for LTC West's service, ability to debate and his articulation.    

• Like 2

There are those who feel the same about Sharpton.

Yeah my millionaire aunt who owns property in NY loves his show.

And yet when you talk with her about politics most of what she complains about are liberal-democratic policies, go figure.
  • Like 1

The Colonel serve our country with Pride and Dignity for many years.

West stained that service, and compromised his personal honor, by the actions that lead to his leaving the military. 

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/12/sprj.nirq.west.ruling/index.html?_s=PM:US

I'm not saying that the Iraqi's should have been treated with kid gloves, but supervising a beat down and conducting a mock execution is crossing the line, especially for a field grade officer.  It's expressly forbidden under the laws of war, and both things we prepare our high risk of capture troops (pilots and special operations) for as part of SERE training because we think the "bad guys" would do it.  Even with the ambiguity of how we were supposed to treat detainees because of their unique legal status, what West allowed and did is inexcusable.

If it wasn't for then Major General Odierno, who's 4th Infantry Division had more than their fair share of incidents like this during their tour in 2003, West might have had a different outcome.  A different General may have put West in front of a court marshal for what he did.

I will give him credit for standing up and taking responsibility for his actions like a man should.  That's an element that is missing in society and even in the upper ranks of the military.

Edited by btq96r