Xs sights

none

I've installed them on several firearms including a Glock 19, Ruger SP101 and Remington 870 shotgun. For what it's worth...

I think they are great for close personal self defence and you can pick up the front sight quickly. However, in my experience and many others, they are not accurate enough for competition compared to standard notch and post sights. That said, some folks swear by them and hit steel targets at 100 yards, but I'm not one of them. I suppose with practice anyone could adapt to them maybe?

I really like the XS Big Dot on my Remington 870 home defence shotgun though.

I put one on my LCR. Works great night or day. The LCR isn't made to shoot long distances but with the XS sight at night in a close defensive situation it's just what I like. I would like to put one on my FNS compact but they don't make them yet for it.

I like them but after trying a set on a sample gun decided not to purchase a set, which has more to do with my eyes than the sights themselves. Other shooters have had issues with the Xs front sights not being the right set up for them either so if possible find someone who'll let you try a gun they have Xs sights installed on. My suspicion is you'll be just fine with this particular product.

I have the Big Dot both night sights on my Glock 21, fantastic.

Takes a mag to get it in your head where to aim. After that they are as good for target shooting at distance as the regular sights are.

Up close shooting out performs stock sights.

These work especially good when you get a bit older. I don't so much have to line up sights I can't see, as you just tee up the ball you hit,. Edited by Tncobra
  • Like 1

I just got some of these, but I haven't had them installed yet.  They're Diamond Speed Sights.  I sure hope I like them!!!  :rock:

speed-sight.png

Haven't seen these before. I think I might like them. I'll have to see a set on a pistol before buying though.

I like 'em... Got a set on a Glock 20... Gettin ready to have a set on a gen 4 Glock 20... 

By the way... Havin said all that... Nite sights are basically nite sights... I like 'em all... If ya have any skinflint tendencies, buy the ones on sale... They all work the same... Tritium is tritium...

leroy

Edited by leroy
I am kind of looking at it from the perspective of having dropped a few pennies on it i really want to get if just the way i want It So it may take a little research beford it gets done.

I've run them on 3 different Glocks (26-19-17). I find them excellent defensive use sights. Once you acclimate to them 50 yard plates isn't that difficult.

XS instructions sheet:

yViGchJ.gif?1

That said I did change the sight on my daily carry G 19 to Trijicon HD's. They, to me anyway, provide the speed and ease of the XS Big Dot with ability to use a more traditional notch & post for more refined accuracy. I went with the orange front on mine and love 'em. They are very fast and easy to use.

I will definitely be putting a set on my Shield.

43LtzzV.jpg

Link: http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/sight-sets/hd-tritium-night-sight-sets-for-glock--prod42614.aspx

ETA: Oh Yeah, the HD's have a flat front to the rear sight that make them especially useful for running one hand manipulations. That was one of the reasons for my initial decision to try them. 

Edited by prag
  • Like 1

I just got some of these, but I haven't had them installed yet.  They're Diamond Speed Sights.  I sure hope I like them!!!  :rock:

speed-sight.png

Those look nice! Might have to get a set. I'd really love to ref=place the factory FN Five-seveN sights with something like that if they have them for the gun.