TGO Nashville Meet and Greet Tuesday 7/28/15 at Shoney's on Donelson

Attendance Count  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending?

So in otherwords a TGO speed dating event...

Well, when you put it that way... But at least one or two times that we get up and move around. Might also help if we didn't sit in just one giant line. Later arrivals got stuck on the fringes for much of the night, and the line kind of necessitated a split into two main groups.

But yeah, a TGO speed dating event. Minus the dating.

A range day is certainly in order.

Either way, was good event to get out and meet some people, put faces with names/avatars, and shoot the breeze. Thanks for setting this one up, maroonandwhite.

Well, when you put it that way... But at least one or two times that we get up and move around. Might also help if we didn't sit in just one giant line. Later arrivals got stuck on the fringes for much of the night, and the line kind of necessitated a split into two main groups.

But yeah, a TGO speed dating event. Minus the dating.

A range day is certainly in order.

Either way, was good event to get out and meet some people, put faces with names/avatars, and shoot the breeze. Thanks for setting this one up, maroonandwhite.

I agree. I got to talk to a few of us but didn't really get to meet the majority. I feel kinda bad about that. Also that I didn't take notes on who is who online, had a conversation about flashlights with a guy who's SN I never got.

I agree. I got to talk to a few of us but didn't really get to meet the majority. I feel kinda bad about that. Also that I didn't take notes on who is who online, had a conversation about flashlights with a guy who's SN I never got.

Probably me. I had the surefire 6p with the brass led pill.

• Moderators

Off topic question for chucktshoes and/or Ted S., please tell me the FIRST must read book for an individual who might be interested in learning more about anarchist principles. Gracias.

I think a great place to start is with Lysander Spooner. More specifically his "No Treason: the Constitution of No Authority". After that I would read Herbert Spencer's "The Right to Ignore the State".
  • Like 2

Pretty good turnout tonight.

Perhaps in the future we should set a timer and after X amount of time we play musical chairs so we can meet everyone. Kinda felt bad about shaking hands with people I didn't talk too all evening and saying "nice to meet ya".

FYI, if you were on my side of the room, I'm the guy who told the "my brother-in-law bought an off road segway" story.

Damn...I missed that one.

That country steak wasn't half bad with a bunch of gravy on it.

My ground round was pretty good. Just not enough for the old fat man. Even if NoBanStan did give me grief over "medium well" order. lol

Bet I could say the same about my shoe ☺

And that's why I didn't go that route.

Now for a moment of sanity.

I really did enjoy the evening, except for those improper advances. ARRRGGGHHH!

As said before, good to have my old memory assisted with names and old faces. Plus adding a few new ones to forget.

Look forward to the next one, and a range session...for shooting...you perverted lugs. 

I don't look forward to letting you guys see my abilities, or lack of them, with a pistol. But I'm in for it.

FYI to a few I spoke with about it...the hackberry tree is a booger. I think this is going to be a job for the pros.

NoBanStan already called dibs on hipower...something about him being too dreamy to share

I'm sure he did, heck he said something about almost kissing him while listening...

Sounds like you two sissy bears are on the same page.....wishful thinking?

Besides, I'd only use him for this Scorpion.  :rock:

• Like 1

Now for a moment of sanity.

I really did enjoy the evening, except for those improper advances. ARRRGGGHHH!

As said before, good to have my old memory assisted with names and old faces. Plus adding a few new ones to forget.

Look forward to the next one, and a range session...for shooting...you perverted lugs. 

I don't look forward to letting you guys see my abilities, or lack of them, with a pistol. But I'm in for it.

FYI to a few I spoke with about it...the hackberry tree is a booger. I think this is going to be a job for the pros.

I'm 100% up for a shoot but it sure would be nice to be on some privately owned land. All due respect to RSO's, but it's nice to just shoot without parental supervision.

• Like 3

My kidneys got a good work out for sure. Never got some much use out of a urinal at a restaurant before.

LOL!

Literally the first thing you said to me in the parking lot was "I gotta pee". You probably need to switch too water for a bit man

• Like 1

I'm 100% up for a shoot but it sure would be nice to be on some privately owned land. All due respect to RSO's, but it's nice to just shoot without parental supervision.

I agree but being newish to the Lebanon area I haven't met any friends with shooting land yet. I'll have a small berm soon but nothing I'd be comfortable having a big gathering with. If nothing else we could get together somewhere for a skeet shoot.

Shotguns are guns too. :pleased:

Lol, no

But i'll likely have to wipe the tears and drool off the gun after a few mags. I'm dying to shoot one.

We'll have to get together for that. And love the idea of someone having some land to use. Wish I had that. I see these East Tn guys post about shooting off their decks or in the back yards.

That would be just fantastic.  I am truly envious of those guys.

• Like 1