I can't believe it!!!!!

With as many people as he killed and hurt in that theater maybe one of them will have a relative in prison that will get to him and shove a shank in him about 10 times slowly and let him feel some of the pain he caused before killing him saving tax dollars all the way around..................jmho

Edited by bersaguy

Still cheaper than paying for both sides of the automatic appeals. 

He'll die alone, forgotten, and irrelevant.  That's not nothing. 

And this is one of the primary reasons this retired police officer hasn't had a lot of use for the death penalty, the mandated appeals processes are ruinously expensive. I agree life in prison with no hope of ever seeing freedom isn't much to look forward to.

• Like 1

Punishment of any kind for a crime is supposed to do 2 things.  It is supposed to stop the individual from being a public menace, and it is supposed to discourage others from committing crimes because they see the punishment sucks and don't want to experience it first hand.   

This is a total failure.

The death penalty is rarely used and no discouragement to criminals.

Jail is pretty nice, and not much discouragement for many criminals.   Its free room and board, education, contacts for future work, prestige, and even a place ripe with business opportunities (the guys that acquire and sell things to fellow inmates).  

And it does not protect the public ... only the worst nutcase killers are really locked away for good, most thugs get free in short order and are right back to doing what they do.

I can't care whether this guy dies or not.   I don't feel much safer with him locked up because there are thousands more idiots just like him that will, one at a time, commit their own random mass shootings.   His life or death won't have any effect on anything.  

Until we implement harsh conditions in jail that make it a serious punishment ... thinking 12 hours of manual labor and no tv, books, education, bad tasting food, no climate control, ... the works, it needs to be miserable in there  and consistently apply the death penalty to all murderers and rapists & violent criminals the whole system will remain broken.   The current system is pointless and hopeless.

I worked for the Illinois Department of Corrections for two years shortly after retuning home from service. Jobs where scarce and it was about all I could find that would feed and house my family. The first year I was there its was an actual Penitentiary like a Prison should be. Convicts all had work assignments and if they didn't work they didn't eat. They walk a line to and from everywhere they went. They didn't talk in line. The Honor Farm grew all of the food they ate from soup to nuts. They raise stuff and bread was all made in the prison bakery, The milk came from cows on the farm. All vegetables came from that farm. People work in textile mills to make blankets and bed sheets and all that stuff. It was a real Prison.

Then a Supreme court ruling was handed down and all of that went away and the convicts where no longer made to work and the taxpayer had to begin picking up the tab for everything from Soup to nuts. The Convicts families could send in fans for the cells and TV sets and it went down hill from there. Not they don't have cell houses any longer but cottages with A/C cable TV and if they work now, they are paid to work.  Prison is no longer prison. If a guy needs new teeth that has spent time in prison and is on the street he will pull a simple crime, catch a 1-3 year sentence, go to prison, get new teeth and all his health issues corrected, receive good time for not causing trouble and be out in 6 months. The Cons have learned how to CON the system really well. Most Prisons are now privatized and not controlled by the state and I think the only real prison in Tennessee that is still run by the state is Brushy Mountain but not sure. I think if they took prisons back to the days before the Supreme Court decision you would see far less criminals wanting to go back.................jmho

Id just sent him to Syria to fight with the Peshmerga...either way he will get what he wants and what we want

1) He shoots at Peshmerga and dies ; win-win...he dies and he kills some Syrian PPK people (theyre still terrorists to regardless if they fight ISIS)

2) He kills ISIS dudes and dies in a firefight

3) He eats his gun

4) He marries a goat

Wins all around.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk