Reloading table made totally from junk and scrap.

Don't laugh. :meh:

This table was made completely out of junk and scrap wood, iron and aluminum by my Dad. It was to be a portable reloading table that he could wheel in the living room and watch cowboy flicks while reloading. Then, wheel it back out so my mom wouldn't get pissed about dads old junk table being in the way. :lol:

I know, it's ugly. But it works perfectly for its intended use. Using it as a kid, it was my favorite reloading table out of all of them he built.

Bare table:

8f5a2c789f182367506950eb1a61169d.jpg

650f6a192bd78e181b467b993ff6f003.jpg

7b6e7d199040a16736bfa5becc0f932d.jpg

1d5cb157cbe5c8e95ceace6bec6ff9b7.jpg

On the way to getting it setup:

7fa8dae5912042f11634a377490d344c.jpg

c0633c8feefd1479014860b63cc7438d.jpg

My Dad is retired now and trying to downsize his man-cave. He has like 5 reloading tables with presses on all of them. He even built a couple so he could reload outdoors on a nice day. So I scored this one from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 13

I believe your dad and my dad must have been kin.  Though I use a store bought table for my bench, my dad prides himself on building things out of junk, especially things he finds at the trash transfer station, etc.  Great stuff.

• Like 1

Pretty neat. Is the aluminum piece on the left for the scales or something else?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The RCBS uniflow powder measure I believe. He added that long after I moved out. I think he had it C Clamped on. The table, because of the 5th leg (tube steel on the right) is rock solid stable.

I might try to build an up-sized version of this for a Dillon XL 650 soon.

I believe your dad and my dad must have been kin.  Though I use a store bought table for my bench, my dad prides himself on building things out of junk, especially things he finds at the trash transfer station, etc.  Great stuff.

Most of this stuff came from his work when they would toss something out. Those wheels were from a dolly that fell apart. The huge piece of steel for the top that the wood is bolted on was from a huge cold storage sliding doorway. I think all he bought was the bolts that hold it together, the hinges and knob for the lower door.

Really cool. I love stuff like that. Looks really functional, too.

Functionality is where it shines. :love:

The layout is perfect! It's rock solid stable, has plenty of space for a single stage setup and I can move it anywhere I want. :D
  • Like 1

Ha! Knew it! You're old man was a bullet caster too yeah? That's awesome.

Oh yeah! He used to cast a bunch on some summer weekends. Used lead wheel weights were the lead source. He always had 2 or 3 5gal buckets of them out back. Lol

Your dad sounds like our kind of people for sure. Love the loading station. I am sure ya'll have seen these ultra modern, aluminum, stainless, inlaid woods and such that are as pristine as an operating room. Well if it doesn't have just a little clutter and some stains where some powder, oil, Hoppes # 9 and such have been spilled, I look at it and yawn!!! I would keep it in good running order and pass it along to your son, grandson, nephew or some kid that may appreciate it.

• Like 1