New I-Phone 6s

TNWNGR

Well as those of you in the Apple I-Phone world know today was the release date of the newest I-Phone convienently called the I-Phone 6s. It has an improved case and some intregal tweaks but beyond that it becomes geek speech.Anyhow the point of the post was to see if there's a general interest in the new phone or more of a same old same old.

I've got a iPhone 6 Plus and don't see any reason to upgrade....

Same OS, just a few tweaks...

Same here. I have a 6 and don't see a reason to upgrade. They just updated and I installed the new iOS on my 6.

I'll probably wait until the the 7 or maybe 8 depending on what the new models are
Memory confirmed as doubled from 1Gb to 2Gb! I suspect it "flies" using the pre installed new iOS9 multi tasking software.

Other than that mostly camera upgrades. It is amazing how capable many smart phone cameras are in the hands of talented photographers ... here are iPhone 6 examples ...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iphone-photography-awards-2015-winners-these-superb-photos-were-all-taken-smartphone-camera-1506240

Well observations to date are its fairly intuative to use if you've used an I-Pad or Android phones. The case is rigid but as with any smartphone the screen is the concern. I have an Otter Defender on order to resolve that. The camera is awsome, and battery lifes looking good. It being my first I-Phone I'm wary of the profleration of avalable apps. Otherwise from all I can ascertain its just an improved I-Phone 6 that's not going to bend as easily in your back pocket.

I don't carry my 6 in my back pocket, but I am pretty hard on my phone. I have a Magpul bump case and a tempered glass screen protector and never had a problem.

Had to replace the screen protector once because it shattered when my phone slid out of the cup holder and hit face down on the corner of the seat frame slider in my truck. Would have been a very expensive fix if not for that screen protector.

Upgraded camera and memory is nice but I'll still hold off for now.

Still the same thing apple always does. Maybe a 5% increase in performance over the last model. But people flood over them non stop.  Its ingenious if you think about it. There is no real gains, but people still will by them.

Edited by RC3

Still the same thing apple always does. Maybe a 5% increase in performance over the last model. But people flood over them non stop.  Its ingenious if you think about it. There is no real gains, but people still will by them.

Can't fault you on that and I I'd already had an I-Phone 5 or 6 I wouldn't have been interested. But I didn't own an I-Phone and the last two Android phones I had were work issued.  

Well we went today and got our new iPhone 6s. First impression is really good. Pretty big improvement from the 5s. Wife still had a 4s. I will say I'm having a big problem restoring from iTunes. IOS 9 is not supported by OSX 10.6 or lower. So I'm now having to upgrade to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. I'm hoping everything will be fine after that.

Well we went today and got our new iPhone 6s. First impression is really good. Pretty big improvement from the 5s. Wife still had a 4s. I will say I'm having a big problem restoring from iTunes. IOS 9 is not supported by OSX 10.6 or lower. So I'm now having to upgrade to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. I'm hoping everything will be fine after that.

I've used a 5s before but can't remember how much larger the 6s screen is. If you haven't already traded or sold your wife's 4s then don't, there's a remote monitoring app for your I-Phone. Set up older I-Phones or I-Pads hooked up to your homes WIFI and presto wireless remote monitoring.

My wife and I both got a 6S and I am liking it. I am coming from a 5C and the size upgrade is nice. It's ALMOST too big for my liking but I think I will learn to like it. I have to find a case I like though. I have been using the Magpul cases but I'm not sure if there 6 version will fit the 6S. Gonna try one out in the store soon. The fingerprint scanner seems to work great which is a big upgrade for me.