Well, there goes the farm again!!!!

bersaguy

I guess they have once again changed their minds on meats. Last night on the news they announced that any processed meats can be a cause of cancer and that smoked meats are as bad if not worse than smoking  cigarettes. They also said pork is a red meat after is has been advertised as the other white meat for years. They also say grilling meat on a grill compounds the dangers and make them far more dangerous than smoking cigarettes. I damn sure wish they would make up their minds on what is going to kill me and get it over with. Look how hard every fast food restaurant has been pushing bacon on everything they make. I guess all of them are working over time to give folks cancer. Below is a link about this and as far as I can tell the article is pretty much a toss up between "Chicken Little running around screaming the Sky is falling" and "The little boy that cried Wolf".  If you read the entire article you will probably be as confused as I was to all of the crazy findings of many different findings of many different groups.

Myself I agree with one woman interviewed while coming out of a grocery store when ask about the survey and it's findings. her reply was " Everything causes Cancer according to some organization, Everyone dies of something and all lives end" and she walked away. 

I find things a little different in one sense. Back many many moons ago when my Grandfather and all his brothers were farmers and raised all their own meats and processed their own meats and grew their own vegetables they all lived to be quite old. My grandfather was 96 when he passed away. He had 3 brothers and they all farmed. The brother that passed away the youngest was 88 when he died.

So with that said, I don't think it's the meats killing anyone but the chemicals that the big farmers are using such as growth hormones that cause faster growth so they can get their stock to market quicker

is the real culprit in the meat.....................jmho 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/26/hot-dogs-bacon-and-other-processed-meats-cause-cancer-world-health-organization-declares/

• Like 1

And eggs were super bad for you 20 years ago and now are considered healthy... How about I eat what I want and ignore all the idiots out there. We are all going to die some day. Some of us may die younger, but we are going to die having enjoyed what we ate.

• Like 5

I say that this is an effort by the sissy vegetarian tree hugging leftist to first declare that meat is bad and then do what sissy vegetarian tree hugging leftist do, ban it to protect us from ourselves.  Never trust anyone who doesn't eat bacon, never!

• Like 5

Breathing air causes cancer.  100% of people who have cancer also breathe air.  Stop breathing, stop cancer.  Simple. 

In no way do intend for my sarcasm to detract from those who've battled cancer, it's a horrible disease.  I'm just being a smartass.  :)

• Like 1

[sarcasm] And in other news, studies have indicated links between being alive and dying.  According to one researcher, an exhaustive study of living people indicated that living people have a 100% chance of dying at some point in the future (margin of error for this study is +/- 5%). [/sarcasm]

As y'all probably know by now, I recently had stage 3 colon cancer.  I figure that if I live long enough then cancer will probably, eventually come back to get me.  Now, I could spend whatever time I have between now and then living on stems, twigs and grass and then still die and be lying in my coffin like this (metaphorically) :  :angry: or I can continue to eat my good, smoky barbecue (one of my favorite things in the world), occasional serving of bacon and so on and be lying in my coffin like this (also metaphorically) : :D .  Don't get me wrong - I like eating vegetables.  They go great as side dishes with meat!

Edited by JAB
  • Like 5

Breathing air causes cancer.  100% of people who have cancer also breathe air.  Stop breathing, stop cancer.  Simple.

In no way do intend for my sarcasm to detract from those who've battled cancer, it's a horrible disease.  I'm just being a smartass.  :)

Hey, go for it.  Cancer deserves no respect (not the people who have it but cancer, itself) so I laugh at it every chance I get. 

And, actually, not only will breathing the air (at least in some places) indirectly kill you by causing cancer but breathing can eventually kill you directly rather than indirectly.  Oxygen is used by your body to break things down.  Think about it - the breaking down of food, nutrients and so on is - at least in some of its elements - basically a controlled, flame-free 'fire' in your guts.  It is my understanding that as time goes on your body, itself, begins to oxidize and sort of burn itself up for lack of a better term (which is part of what causes aging and, eventually, dying of 'old age'.)  So, yeah, breathing kills you slowly (as opposed to the rather abrupt result if you stop.)

Edited by JAB
In other news....apparently drinking water can kill you.

"Mary Parks, Nashville resident, was found dead in her home last night. Mary was a long-time advocate of the health benefits of drinking fresh spring water daily. She drank at least a half pint of mountain spring water every day of her 97 years. Medical examiner's are blaming long term over hydration for her unfortunate & untimely death.
Later, on MSNBC....."
  • Like 2

I think it's scientific studies are dangerous to the truth, but that's just me I reckon. My grandparents and great grandparents on both side of my family all lived into their late 80's and 90's. They cooked with lard, ate meat every meal, ate eggs, bacon, sausage, fatback, in essence everything they now say is dangerous. I don't think its the food. It's the couch, TV and just sitting on your ass in general that's so dangerous. I mean crap. People will kill you over a parking space closer to the door at the mall to keep from walking. Here's why I think this:  My doctor has a sign in his office that reads:  "ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF GETTING OFF YOUR ASS AND EXERCISING IS RIGHT FOR YOU!!".....Yes he really does. I took him at his word. I've lost almost 50 lbs since last February, down from 298, by working out at at Planet Fitness ($20 a month) and splitting every meal with my wife if we go out and just cutting my portions in half at home. I eat whatever I want, just not near as much. I just had my bloodwork done and my A1C dropped from 6.9 to 5.2. My cholesterol dropped from 225 to 147. Everything else is right in the middle where it's supposed to be. So, my doctors sign was obviously the right thing for me.  I have a goal to drop 45 more pounds by the beginning of next summer. I have no problem maintaining my weight now, so I've promised myself "NEVER AGAIN" will I get into such dangerous pitiful shape again for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

I remember when they said cranberries would kill you in the 70's right before Thanksgiving.  Then " VOILA",the next year  a new study came out that said a person needed to eat thousands of pounds of cranberries for it to be harmful.  By that time cranberry farms all over had tanked

The same people that brought global warming, are the same ones that are bringing this.  I call BS.

plus one.  just another way they are trying to control us.  you are born, you live, and then you die. it is just a basic fact.  move on, nothing to see here.  i had twice my normal amount of bacon this morning because of this. 

Well, I was going to try backing away of somethings mentioned and bacon was one of them. Well, Kroger made me buy bacon yesterday. They had Wrights thick sliced bacon in 40 ounce packs for 5.99 normally about 5 dollars more so I bought 2 packs. Going to have breakfast for supper tonight. Eggs, bacon, Skillet Fried taters with onions and some toast. I thought about biscuits but have to draw the line somewhere so going with wheat toast................. :whistle: :whistle: 

• Like 4

Well, I was going to try backing away of somethings mentioned and bacon was one of them. Well, Kroger made me buy bacon yesterday. They had Wrights thick sliced bacon in 40 ounce packs for 5.99 normally about 5 dollars more so I bought 2 packs. Going to have breakfast for supper tonight. Eggs, bacon, Skillet Fried taters with onions and some toast. I thought about biscuits but have to draw the line somewhere so going with wheat toast................. :whistle: :whistle:

A 1/2 cup of grits and you have pretty much the perfect meal!

• Like 1

A 1/2 cup of grits and you have pretty much the perfect meal!

Yea , I know but I am trying to cut back. That was on my list also for supper but it went the way of the biscuits. Gotta draw a line somewhere.................. :hiding:............................. :rofl:  :rofl: 

• Like 1

I see your point, after all grits are probably terrible for you by the time they're doctored up to taste with all the butter, cheese, salt and pepper and all.

:yum:

Well that kicked it, I'm going to have a big bowl of cheese grits with diner tonight. I'll eat an extra big one in your honor Bersa. :up:

• Like 1