Glock 19 Vickers Tactical

willis68

I swore off Glocks a few years ago after owning 3 and selling them all. Recently I handled a G19 and fell in like with it, I just bought a Grey Framed Vickers for $630 shipped through Gunbroker

I should have this new pistol by this weekend

image_zpsgvvwcezq.jpeg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 1

Vickers knows how to do a mag release on a Gen 3. My old G19 is floating around soewhere with that mod. It was perfect. I'm betting everything about your new gun will be perfect as well.

I have a regular G19 Gen 3 in layaway, if I like this Vickers as much as I think I will, the next one I will modify it just like this one only it will have a Black Frame

A Glock extended slide stop/release is also a must. It doesn't look like it would make much of a difference, but it sure does. http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/slide-catch-parts/slide-catches/extended-slide-stop-levers-prod23432.aspx

This one comes with a Vickers extended slide release, so if I like that as much as the rest I will put one in my other 19

https://youtu.be/YOS065ZJwT4

Best review of that gun. Ever.

Wrong.  Best handgun review ever.  That guy is hilarious.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CBuyx1whw

Thread drift-  This guy is so funny.

Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 1

Just to add to the thread drift...

I'm not a Glock fan either, but I will eventually have a G34 (that's the long 9mm, right) so I can shoot GSSF every now and then, and a G40. Because. Other than that, meh.

The G34 is a great range gun. I absolutely love mine. And you should give some thought to the G24. It's the best shooting 40 caliber I've ever shot. And it's the gun responsible for me staying with 40 for a while longer.

Edit/Add on Damn, the pics of the G40 I just looked at are great!

After this Vickers and my other 19 in layaway, I will be getting a 20 SF, that is the only Glock that I owned that I wished I kept it and it will join my Guncrafter in the 10mm club

I can't afford to get into another just now, but I'll say the 20 SF I bought recently sure is comfortable.

I just need to get a few boxes of 10mm and shoot it now. lol Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
As much as I hate big guns the Glock 24 was an amazing creature. I have shot a Glock 34 and really don't think that it was as good of a shooter as the 24 was.

The extended controls that come on the Vickers' guns are hands down better than the extended Glock controls. Edited by Patton
I think I'm done buying guns in 40. I have all the configurations and sizes I want, I'm going to 9 for most stuff in the future for capacity and cost. I've only got a few 9mm pistolas right now. The only reason I'm considering any glock other than the 40 (10mm) is to shoot GSSF, cuz I'm lazy and I like the idea of a competition where I don't even have to move my feet, lol!

I only want the G40 cuz it's the biggest, ugliest, nastiest hi-cap 10MM around. :-D

I'd much rather shoot cheaper 9 than 40. :/ Edited by musicman
I dont like Vickers stuff at all - OEM Glock extended furniture works better, for cheaper. I was unimpressed with a gray RTF2 I shot yesterday - its like a gen 4, except 200 dollars more

The only reason his garbage sells is because "hurr durr he was CAG" and all the tactikiddies want it.

The only aftermarket I like is the Zev flared magwell if youre into that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk Edited by CommsNBombs
  • Administrator

I think I'm done buying guns in 40. I have all the configurations and sizes I want, I'm going to 9 for most stuff in the future for capacity and cost. I've only got a few 9mm pistolas right now. The only reason I'm considering any glock other than the 40 (10mm) is to shoot GSSF, cuz I'm lazy and I like the idea of a competition where I don't even have to move my feet, lol!

That's like saying you want to switch to Catholicism because you want a religion where it's ok to drink, but no other reason.  It's offensive to Catholics, and equally offensive to us who like our Glocks.  :)

• Like 3