Why they has to mess up my TV show

I like the tv shows that have come out based on comic books, one of which is The Arrow.  It's a different take on The Green Arrow.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the show.  Then, the star of the show, who is wealthy, wants to do something about violence in the city, so he puts up the money for a gun buy back.  The show goes on to portray the gun buy back as a big success.

fc9e2043c67dc3b53063ac1288826cbb.jpg

42 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Odd that a supporter of the Brady Bill would say such a thing.  SCREW YOU REAGAN!

Not to mention his all out ban on newly created machine guns. 

Ill never understand the the fanaticism when it comes to Reagan. He did more damage singlehandedly to the 2nd then Clinton and Obama combined. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, jgradyc said:

What did Reagan do that was so bad? Genuine question.

Created the nfa as president, and is responsible for a huge portion of California's gun control laws from his time as governor. 

Shortly after leaving the White House he made a speech about how nobody needs to own an AK47. 

15 minutes ago, 56FordGuy said:

Created the nfa as president, and is responsible for a huge portion of California's gun control laws from his time as governor. 

Shortly after leaving the White House he made a speech about how nobody needs to own an AK47. 

Easy now, the NFA goes back to 1934 with a major revision in '68...but he was a Democrat in '34 and had nothing to do with it.

15 minutes ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

The NFA was was created in 1934.

17 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Easy now, the NFA goes back to 1934 with a major revision in '68...but he was a Democrat in '34 and had nothing to do with it.

That's what I get for trying to remember it. 

So, as President, Reagan's actions overall were favorable to the 2nd Amendment. His statements while President supported the 2nd Amendment. 

As far as California is concerned, I could give a fat rats' behind about what California does. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TrickyNicky said:

No, as far as his presidency he changed the nfa to disallow the manufacture of new FA guns. 

I don't see disallowing the manufacture of full auto weapons as significant restriction of my 2nd Amendment right to own firearms. I'll stand my previous statement that President Reagan's actions were on the whole favorable to the 2nd Amendment. 

• Like 1

Reagan tried to do a similar assault weapons ban like Clinton did but he could not get it. Reagan was a great president but was a horrible gun advocate. He openly wanted to do away with "assault weapons" but the true Republicans kept that from happening. But the 1986 MG ban, which Reagan signed, opened the door for the AW ban by Clinton. And 99% of the California gun restrictions are from when Reagan was governor. And because of that most of the gun restrictions on a national level are based on California's restrictions. Because of that I consider Reagan no friend of gun owners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

http://theweek.com/articles/582926/how-ronald-reagan-learned-love-gun-control

BTW, the NRA supported a lot of the gun restrictions Reagan passed in California.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, 56FordGuy said:

And I agree with him, nobody NEEDS an AK47, we WANT an AK47 and we should be able to have an AK47.  Besides, many here would not own an AK if they had a Ma Deuce.

ma-deuce.jpg

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

BTW, the NRA supported a lot of the gun restrictions Reagan passed in California.

The NRA also supported the 86 ban.  They are no friends to NFA owners.  It's sad that an org as big and with as much power can't support the entirety of firearms but only the ones that they pick and choose.  

I I wouldn't be member if I didn't have to be.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, jgradyc said:

I don't see disallowing the manufacture of full auto weapons as significant restriction of my 2nd Amendment right to own firearms. I'll stand my previous statement that President Reagan's actions were on the whole favorable to the 2nd Amendment. 

Genuine question, if that's not a significant impediment to the 2nd, what is?

We'll have to agree to disagree on the stance on Reagan :cheers:

• Like 2
19 hours ago, jgradyc said:

Then you don't understand the second amendment.   The second amendment exists to make sure that the people are always as equally armed (or at least have the right to be) as the state.  So that when the state crosses the line, the people have an adequate defense.  

• Like 2