Field & Stream Store

DaveTN

I bought a couple of new guns and went to Illinois to do some shooting. My friend in Champaign said they had a new store there. I must say I was really impressed. This place was huge and had one heck of a selection. Guns knives, ammo, bows….. Huge selection of everything.

I had never heard of it before and wondered why they would put it right next door to a Dick’s. You can pass back and forth between their store and Dicks. When I checked out they ask for my Dicks card, so I guess it’s a new type of store for Dicks.

My daughter went shooting with me and when I mentioned this store her eyes lit up and she said “Is that bad azz or what! I have a new favorite store.”

I don’t think it was as big as our Bass Pro at Nashville, but it definitely had a lot more guns, knives and bows.

http://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/s/stores

• Like 1

There is one in Birmingham that we pass on the way to football games in Tuscaloosa the last year or two.   Every time we're on the way to the game I say we need to stop on the way back and my wife agrees.   By the time we pass it going back north I'm either too worn out to stop or I don't realize I've missed it until were past the exit.

10 minutes ago, quietguy said:

I am in Birmingham every couple of weeks, I guess I will have to check out the Hoover location.  

There is a store called Woods and Water in Tuscaloosa, AL that is awesome.  

Heck! We go to Hoover every summer. I never noticed it.

I was in the Champaign store last Christmas and loved it. Pretty good selection of fishing gear and tons of guns and ammo, I would love to see one built here. They are sister companies and you can use gift cards to either store, I purchased a good amount of fishing tackle while their over Christmas.... gets me out of the house :)

8 minutes ago, peejman said:

I was under the impression Field and Stream was one of Dick's house brands.  Interesting that they'd have a whole store for it. 

Field and Stream magazine has been around since 1895. I had no idea they were owned by or affiliated with a Dicks. 

11 hours ago, Scorpion Equalizer said:

Do they carry the "modern sporting rifles" or are they just like Dick's?

My first visit to a Field and Stream store was in Columbus, Ohio back in July of this year.  This store was actually half Dick's and half Field and Stream under the same roof with a mall like passage between the two stores.  They did have modern sporting rifles behind the counter.  They even had a Ruger Precision in .308 sitting on the counter.  What amazed me most was that a Cabela's store was across the street.  The group I was with probably spent twice as much time and three times as much money at the Cabela's store

2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Field and Stream magazine has been around since 1895. I had no idea they were owned by or affiliated with a Dicks. 

I know the magazine has been around a long time, but hadn't ever seen/heard of products with that brand before they showed up at Dicks.