Whos going to the state capital on the 19th?

I heard about this on the radio this morning.... I guess we better bring signs.

Rep. Chris Smith (R) NJ will be the keynote speaker for the upcoming Rally for Life in Nashville sponsored by TN Right to Life. The event will take place on Saturday, January 19th on the steps of the Capitol in Nashville beginning at 2:00 PM.

I am now the official Tennessee state organizer for Guns Across America.  If you have questions please let me know.  I can tell you that this will be a great event.  I just spent 3 hours on a conference call with the organizers in the other 49 states, along with the national organizers.  I have speakers being lined up right now and I am working on more.  

There is a Right to Life rally at the Capitol building, so we will be assembling across the street at the War Memorial.  I have obtained permission from the people at Legislative Plaza, so we are good to go.  This is a public rally, so they have informed me that we do not need a permit or anything.  I urge people to dress somewhat nice and to not have a rifle on your back.  We do not need to feed the media stereotyping of gun owners.  Bring a sign too, but please make sure all the wording is spelled correctly.  Also, do not write any derogatory things on the signs.  The media WILL be there.  Please do not accept an interview unless you are prepared to do so.  Also, in the event that an anti-gun person tries to start a confrontation please WALK AWAY.

Thanks everyone!   

• Like 5

Well, originally i had planned on riding this weekend ( atvs) but with the flood stage where I ride, i figure i can ride any other time. This is more important. I plan on being there and am Bringing an American flag on a pole since i don't have a sign.

I would advise someone to bring a camera or several people bring cameras so we can get this out on youtube and post for those who cannot make the event. I'll try to remember to bring my go pro.

i plan of being there, even parade and rallies are not my things. can someone tell me how to get there from Exit 1 of i-24, and where is a closest and safest parking place around there, i would say met up for early lunch/brunch in a nearby place before heading there to get organized and not a big clusterf***.

edit: i will try to bring my camera!

Edited by halutz

I'm thinking about going...not sure if I will carry a sign or not...maybe just show up and be a person standing there in support... if i see a bunch of gun totters and rifles and shot guns every where I'm outa there... I don't want any trouble, and I want to be noticed but not singled out, for you open carriers... no offence but it wouldn't be for me

I'm back and forth on the issue of concealed carrying at this event...wasn't a law passed after the Giffords incident making it illegal to have a firearm in the presence of elected officials? I just looked at the FB page and noticed that state reps are slated to speak at the event. But I don't recall the specifics...

Oh, and I'll be the big dude holding a black sign simply saying "NO"...gotta keep it simple since my adversaries don't come across as being real bright. Say hi if you see me- it'd be cool to put a face with some of the screen names, here. Edited by gau8a