Fox is reporting another school Shooting right now!!!

bersaguy

I am beginning to think people are not in a Christmas spirit as the Newtown shooting took place just before Christmas about this time of the month. I'm not even sure there was a shooting but Fox is on top of it for sure. There has been no official announcement yet.

Sucks, at least the shooter saved tax payers millions of dollars by removing himself from the equation.

So far lots of confusion but a school officer put the active shooter plan in place and the attacker ended up committing suicide.

This story will disappear from the news very soon if it is the case; can't be letting anyone know that good guys with guns are really effective at stopping bad guys with guns. 

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 3

Sucks, at least the shooter saved tax payers millions of dollars by removing himself from the equation.

So far lots of confusion but a school officer put the active shooter plan in place and the attacker ended up committing suicide.

This story will disappear from the news very soon if it is the case; can't be letting anyone know that good guys with guns are really effective at stopping bad guys with guns. 

You are probably very correct about it going away pretty quick cause even when the good guys win they lose. They don't want to give any positive credit to the good guys for fear of it is disruptive towards their anti gun agenda's................... :rant: :rant:

You are probably very correct about it going away pretty quick cause even when the good guys win they lose. They don't want to give any positive credit to the good guys for fear of it is disruptive towards their anti gun agenda's................... :rant: :rant:

Sorry, gotta disagree with that. The problem is your crediting them with a little thing called common sense. Now if WE were in their shoes, our plan didn't work and all, we would probably not want to bring much attention to that fact. For THEM it doesn't matter, common sense is long gone both for them and their followers.

All they'll do now is cry even harder, threaten more people, and try to turn it around so its anyone's and everyone's fault but theirs.

No, they won't sweep it under the rug. They're getting their speeches written, ready and willing to once again use the graves of children as a podium for their crap...JMHO
  • Like 1

I think right now I am just going to say a Prayer for the young man in the hospital and his family. From what I have understood from the news releases the shooter was going to shoot the library teacher and that was his target and the young man in the hospital confronted the shooter to try and stop him when he was shot and another person was also injured but not seriously and prayers will go out to that child and their parents............. :(

• Like 2

I think right now I am just going to say a Prayer for the young man in the hospital and his family. From what I have understood from the news releases the shooter was going to shoot the library teacher and that was his target and the young man in the hospital confronted the shooter to try and stop him when he was shot and another person was also injured but not seriously and prayers will go out to that child and their parents............. :(

Actually it was a girl that confronted the shooter (aka piece of garbage). I was listening to an interview on the radio with one of the students that said the girl walked up to "Carl" and said "You have a gun". The reporter then told the boy being interviewed not to say the name on the air. He is a sick SOB to begin with but to shoot a girl he allededly went to school with!?!? (The boy being interviewed said the shooter was also a student) Not sure if the media has posted this info as truth or not.

I'm with you on sending up multiple prayers for everyone involved....except the shooter (&(*&&@#@!

Actually it was a girl that confronted the shooter (aka piece of garbage). I was listening to an interview on the radio with one of the students that said the girl walked up to "Carl" and said "You have a gun". The reporter then told the boy being interviewed not to say the name on the air. He is a sick SOB to begin with but to shoot a girl he allededly went to school with!?!? (The boy being interviewed said the shooter was also a student) Not sure if the media has posted this info as truth or not.

I'm with you on sending up multiple prayers for everyone involved....except the shooter (&(*&&@#@!

Didn't hear part about being a girl but still sending prayers cause GOD will know who I am praying for but a really brave young lady for sure..... :unsure:

Supposedly today Tullahoma High schoolwas on lockdown earlier today. It was all because of some kid reporting as a prank that there was someone with a gun in the school. Since then, that(teenager) was arrested and charged with making a false report.

Least that is what i heard.

Growing up in the 70's I do not ever remember this type of lunacy? Have we as parents lost all control or are some parents just not paying attention?  

I think the general concept is disengaged, detached, and disinterested, eventually denial.  Raising kids in some cases like this one and Lanza was by remote control, and substitution..."anything to occupy the kid so I don't have to spend time with him". The remote-control options were simply fewer in the '70's.

Parents were more involved minute-by-minute (but still less than generations before). As we became more affluent & modern, it was easy to become more self-interested and self-indulgent.  There is always something standing by to fill in the gap between parents and kids.

last, in my generation, when they were loony, the parents committed them to the bin, reform-school or the military. Can't do that any more. Now they run wild.

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 1
Guest kingarmory

This lunacy really took off in '94 with Clinton's changes to the "Safe Schools Act".  I remember that when they passed it, within weeks there were predictions that schools were gonna be targets for lunatics.  Also within weeks I got stuck doing many plainclothes details at local schools for PTA meetings, school plays, just about anything where a lot of people were at the school.  Seems kinda funny that everyone knew what was going to happen and the response was to put armed personnel on site to counter any problems.  After a year or so they stopped doing it because of costs vs. perceived benefits, guess economics was more important than public safety.  For the gov't to establish a "gun free zone" and not post or allow any defense makes them an accomplice to these murders IMO.  Either post officers at the schools or allow teachers/administration to be armed, anything less is endangering our kids and continuing the opportunity for things like this to happen.

It is one thing to have "treasures" of unknowable value collected all in one place....  advertising that those treasures will be unprotected (which happens anew all over the media each time something happens at one of our schools) was/is a sign of dereliction of parenthood by our society - as a whole.

Maybe it's me, but this story seems to have little in common with school-massacres except for the fact that it happened at a school. Reports show he had one target and was not looking to kill as many people as possible.

'CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — Investigators were looking Saturday at whether revenge motivated a teenage gunman to enter his suburban Denver high school armed with a shotgun looking for a specific teacher.' (http://news.yahoo.com/revenge-probed-motive-colo-school-shooting-142118908.html)

'The 18-year-old gunman who police say opened fire inside a Colorado high school Friday, injuring a fellow student and then fatally shooting himself, was reportedly targeting the teacher who had recently kicked him off the school’s debate team.' (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/14/colorado-teacher-praised-for-making-best-tactical-decision-during-shooting/)

'Quick-thinking students alerted the targeted teacher, who quickly left the building' (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/13/teenager-who-opened-fire-at-high-school-identified-may-have-had-grudge-against-teacher/)

Comparing apples to oranges seems to be what a lot of 'news' agencies are partaking in. Take it however you want, but most of  the reports I've read through have tried to connect this to the mass shootings of yesteryear. :tinfoil:

Edited by Ted S.

The way I see it Ted, the only connection is the school. Beyond that there are no connections but the News medias need to try and make the story bigger than it really is so they try to connect the dots with dots that don't exist in this incident. This was a single target issue and not a mass shooting situation..............I just wish when the shooter found out the teacher had fled he would not have shot anyone and just fled also. Has anyone heard about the condition of the young girl that was shot? I'm still praying for her and her family.

• Like 1