Happy Thanksgiving 2016!

TGO David

• Administrator

Folks;

I wanted to go ahead and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving as we head into the evening.  This holiday some of you may be traveling.  Others may be spending the weekend at home.  Hopefully you find yourselves surrounded by people that you care about, whether they be friends, family, brothers in arms, or fellow emergency services crew.  Whatever you're doing, I hope that you stay safe and have much to be thankful for.

And since this is a firearms forum and since we think about and talk about things like this, if you are out and about this weekend... please be vigilant.  As the saying goes, keep your head on a swivel if you are out at the movies, at the shopping malls, or anywhere else that there are large crowds.  Watch what's going on around you and trust your instincts if something feels wrong or out of place.

By all means, if you are able, carry your sidearm.  And give serious thought to carrying some sort of personal first aid kit.  If you've never considered the latter, maybe spend some time this weekend putting together something that would easily fit into a pocket, purse, satchel or backpack.

Again, I hope you all stay safe and have time to reflect on the blessings in your own life.  Hooray for the holidays and God bless.

--David

• Like 13
  • Administrator
Just now, gregintenn said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you, David, and give that little girl a big hug for all of us!

Thanks, Greg!  You bet I will.  She's been my work-assistant all day today so plenty of attention has gone her way. :)

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks and folks families on TGO. Good advice David and thanks for another great year here on TGO. I plan on staying home with the mutt as I hate traveling on holidays. I'm sure family will stop in and see me as they always do and they always bring food. Some edible some not so much but I never tell them that. I don't want the edible stuff to stop coming...................:cheers:

• Like 3

My prayer tonight will be for a safe and happy Thanksgiving for everyone here and their families and for our country. I'll also be saying an additional prayer for those that are serving in the military and are away from their families keeping us safe here at home. 

• Like 5
  • Admin Team

Truly my favorite holiday. 

I hope each of you is able to enjoy the time with family and friends - either the family you were born with or the family you choose.  

I go into this holiday with profound gratitude for all the family and friends in my life. 

• Like 3

Words of wisdom David. Thank you.

And Thanks to all that contribute here at TGO.

Wishing you , our Service members and First Responders as a Blessed and Safe Thanksgiving day and weekend.

I'm headed into work in a bit, so no doubt I'll have the opportunity to Thank many of our local first responders in person. Holidays are, unfortunately, busy ER days. Be safe folks. :)

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving, TGO.  Hope everyone gets their fill today, or whenever they may be having their dinner.

A special thanks to those eating their turkey and trimmings with their "other family." I think they'll be well fed. From Defense Logistics Agency's website...

Some of the food that DLA Troop Support provided for service members deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan and Kuwait include:

• 34,760 pounds of turkey
  • 32,550 pounds of beef
  • 21,450 pounds of ham
  • 28,980 pounds of shrimp
  • 9,114 pounds of stuffing mix
  • 879 gallons of eggnog