Post pictures of your: Evil Black Rifle

Here's 1 of my 3 girls ... ready to be given to TSA & Delta on the way to Texas for another hog hunt. :bs:This is the only 20" upper I have, and it's probably my favorite when there's not a lot of hiking involved ...

DSC_0004.jpg?t=1261094153

DSC_0005.jpg?t=1261094104

DSC_0006.jpg?t=1261094186

Edited by Hidalgo
Hidalgo what kind of case is that and did you mold/cut it your self?

It's a Pelican. Not cheap ... but the ONLY thing that will protect your rifle on an airplane. There are others out there that might work, but I know this one does the job. Seven trips already. It's dirty and scratched/scraped but not damaged. Does a great job.

The foam comes in 3 pieces ... top, center, bottom. You cut the center piece to fit your gun and accessories.

Pelican offers several options on cases and foam. Be sure you order one with the 3-piece foam if you want to cut it like I did.

I don't think he understood your "broke" reference. :popcorn: You can shoot it anytime, after I get it sighted in. Members of my immediate made me laugh last night when they asked, "is that real?" I guess the camo paint makes it look like a toy to them. The more I stare, the more I like this rifle. I think I need a few more. :cool:

Magiccarpetrides- I just got it all together so I have no idea how it shoots or if the brake works.

Lol...I get it now :D Well give us a range report soon!

Another great choice in cases is the Hardigg/Storm Case they are also built like a tank and waterproof/weatherproof/bombproof ;-D . You can get them with perforated foam and then you just pull out the 1in squares to fit whatever your putting in it.
Hardigg and Pelican are one and the same now... Edited by Seaslug
Neurosis
Another great choice in cases is the Hardigg/Storm Case they are also built like a tank and waterproof/weatherproof/bombproof ;-D . You can get them with perforated foam and then you just pull out the 1in squares to fit whatever your putting in it.

While that does work OK for some people, cutting the foam to an exact fit is my preference. I know ... I'm anal about this ... but if I'm going to drop $800+ in a rifle, then spend $200 for a case, that sucker is going to FIT. :lol:

And for the AR shooters out there, once you cut the foam to fit the outline of the rifle, you can then cut out places for the accessories and use a single case for several different rifles if you plan properly before cutting. Unless you're like me and can't take a trip without taking several rifles with you ... :D

It's a Pelican. Not cheap ... but the ONLY thing that will protect your rifle on an airplane. There are others out there that might work, but I know this one does the job. Seven trips already. It's dirty and scratched/scraped but not damaged. Does a great job.

The foam comes in 3 pieces ... top, center, bottom. You cut the center piece to fit your gun and accessories.

Pelican offers several options on cases and foam. Be sure you order one with the 3-piece foam if you want to cut it like I did.

www.caseclub.com is where we get our Pelican cases. They usually have great prices. They're on ebay too.

Here's 1 of my 3 girls ... ready to be given to TSA & Delta on the way to Texas for another hog hunt. :popcorn:This is the only 20" upper I have, and it's probably my favorite when there's not a lot of hiking involved ...

DSC_0004.jpg?t=1261094153

DSC_0005.jpg?t=1261094104

DSC_0006.jpg?t=1261094186

Pelican cases are awesome, I work offshore and all of our high end expensive equipment is stored in them, I was not aware that they made rifle cases, thank you for posting this I am about to order one :)