Turn off my notifications!

Guest BCR#1

• Moderators

Thanks for the very public votes of confidence @TGO David & @MacGyver.  I hate that a misunderstanding about the post led to a long time member getting banned. Only the initial misunderstanding though, his actions after that were on him. 

To everyone else, I always make calls based on what I think is best for this community. I am a human and therefore fallible. If you think I made a mistake, have a question for me, shoot me a PM. I’ll be happy to hear you out.

That’s not me trying to justify or explain myself to y’all. I’m confident in my role here. I just want y’all to know I really value y’all. This community here is responsible for my closest friendships on this planet. Seriously, the group of friends I talk to every single day I made here. Y’all are important to me, even those I butt heads with. 

This place is a real community, so keep that in mind and take care of each other. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
On 8/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, Hozzie said:

I will add, just because you can ‘not’ delete a users account doesn’t make it right if it is done out of a position of “I will show you”.  We should all have the right to request our accounts be removed if that is really what we want.  Doing the right thing comes in many flavors. 

In the past we have not deleted accounts for several reasons.  It caused holes in the search index which affected everyone on the forum.  It also orphaned posts and notes about an account, making it difficult for moderators to do their jobs later and spots patterns of behavior if a person decided to skirt the rules and sign up under another account.

The most recent version of our software allows us to delete an account while preserving record of who posted what, so it's less of an issue.  These days I would probably be more open to it than I was previously, unless the person asking for it was a known troublemaker.  Then I'd have to really evaluate what we might be losing in terms of moderator notes and logs of actions taken by moderators before I did it.

Well, I'm not going to get involved in all of the above stuff involving what took place. The only thing I wish was that there is some kind of warning sent to the benefactor prior to his Benefactor Option is about to expire so I can pay it before it terminates.....JMHO!!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well, I'm not going to get involved in all of the above stuff involving what took place. The only thing I wish was that there is some kind of warning sent to the benefactor prior to his Benefactor Option is about to expire so I can pay it before it terminates.....JMHO!!

There is one.

EDIT... Well I spoke too soon.  There was one.  We've got a new setting that I need to configure, it seems.  I'll make sure that this becomes a thing again.

Edited by TGO David
See above
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

There is one.

EDIT... Well I spoke too soon.  There was one.  We've got a new setting that I need to configure, it seems.  I'll make sure that this becomes a thing again.

Thanks David, I want to keep my Benefactor level and also keep supporting the site and I know it might be close to expiring so I need to renew it!!!