Jump to content

Found "Cheap" 9mm


Recommended Posts

Went to Crossroad Firearms in Fountain City, this afternoon to get a shotgun out of lay-a-away.  They have plenty of 115gr and 124gr FMJ, in 50 rd boxes, going for $19.99 a box.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I just got an email from Academy advertising Blazer aluminum for $14.99/box online and in store.

Get it before Biden does, lol.

I'm assuming that's Blazer steel case at Academy.  I need to pick some up and see how it shoots out of my pistols.  The 115 gr at Crossroads Firearms was Blazer steel case, but the 124 gr was Red Army brass. I have no idea if it's reloadable or not though.

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Moped said:

I'm assuming that's Blazer steel case at Academy.  I need to pick some up and see how it shoots out of my pistols.  The 115 gr at Crossroads Firearms was Blazer steel case, but the 124 gr was Red Army brass. I have no idea if it's reloadable or not though.

I think what @garufa was talking about is the Blazer aluminum cased.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I think what @garufa was talking about is the Blazer aluminum cased.

Right.  That's why I was specific.  😀

Blazer (CCI) doesn't make steel-cased ammo.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Right.  That's why I was specific.  😀

Blazer doesn't make steel-cased ammo.

FWIW I was telling another member today my antique(1990's) 1st gen walther p99 would eat that stuff all day long. I know a lot of people have issues with it and of course theres the reloading aspect to factor in.

Edited by FUJIMO
typo
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I've haven't used much Blazer aluminum in the past 10 years or so, only 4 or 5 boxes.  It all ran fine, pretty much like the brass, except I had a couple of mags that could not be fully loaded with it.  Wouldn't take the last round. Not a concern.

Ran 200 rounds of it through an MP5 back in the Guncraft range days.  😎

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, FUJIMO said:

FWIW I was telling another member today my antique(1990's) 1st gen walther p99 would eat that stuff all day long. I know a lot of people have issues with it and of course theres the reloading aspect to factor in.

My Ruger P89 ate it like candy too. Wish I’d kept that pistol….along with others that I let go in my younger days. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, rugerla1 said:

My Ruger P89 ate it like candy too. Wish I’d kept that pistol….along with others that I let go in my younger days. 

I actually have a p89 id recently considered selling. Hell if thats the case I may need to keep it lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I actually have a p89 id recently considered selling. Hell if thats the case I may need to keep it lol

I never had an ounce of trouble out of it or my P90 in .45 for that matter. They weren’t pretty guns but were built like tanks. I didn’t even know what “finicky with ammo” meant back in them days. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I was getting ready to post about ammo at RK. They had a lot and some was not bad prices. 
I picked up 2 boxes/50rnd each of Blazer FMJ brass cased for 16.99 each   
they had Norma 124gr for $24 each 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.