12 hours ago, RED333 said:

Just how will Remington know?

Powder residue analysis. 

If you tell them, "I shot Brand X ammo & it blew up", then they'll test for Brand X ammo. Each ammo mfgr has its own formula, different from the others.

At least this is what I was told at a NRA convention by one of the industry dudes. I was curious about that as well. No clue if this matters at all these days. 

There's a fine line between buying affordable ammo & buying cheap stuff that's not safe to shoot. I know I've weaved that line back in my younger years when I didn't know any better. For those of us who need/want to save $$$ where we can, when we can, it's a difficult call. "Do I shoot this or not?" versus "This crap looks TOO cheap for me to ruin a good gun using it." Obviously experience helps in this regard. 

I remember when GA Arms first got started. People were hesitant to use them because they were new & unknown. Now they've been around for decades & still make good ammo. 

6 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

This is an important distinction. “Remanufactured” is not the same as a “reload”.

It’s really all a matter of semantics isn’t it?  Someone in the business who is licensed to load ammunition using used cases is a “remanufacturer”. Bubba and Joe Bob who pick up the same random cases from a shooting range and load them are “reloaders” if they do so for personal use.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Garufa said:

It’s really all a matter of semantics isn’t it?  Someone in the business who is licensed to load ammunition using used cases is a “remanufacturer”. Bubba and Joe Bob who pick up the same random cases from a shooting range and load them are “reloaders” if they do so for personal use.

More of a matter of liability and insurance really. 

• Like 1