Sig Sauer Releases New Model of P365

E4 No More

I received Sigs E-Mail also on this new model-

I have both the P365X and the XL and fitted both with the Wilson Combat grip module-

I feel that if a person needs 15-17 rounds there are already a huge selection of pistols to choose from-

What attracted me to the Sigs I now have is the ability to have a RDS on both that is attached without having to use a plate-

They are both very concealable and shoot quite well-just what Sig designed them for-

I think the Macro Model is stretching into the mid to full size-no thanks I will stay with the X and XL-

IMG_20220423_202456939_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220326_145358213.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FrankD said:

even worse news.  I got real excited when I saw the email and thought about a 17rd comped 365 that was optic ready.

That is a real nice feature-optics ready is my favorite-

Comped is pretty nice also-

PSA has it on sale now for $799.00-

If you're looking for one-

Not crapping on it, but there are a lot of good carry guns out there.  There are a lot of good range or competition guns out there

The original P365 is a great choice for edc.  I don't understand why someone desires a gun designed which was optimized for conceal carry but was modified into a mid sized gun?  There are very many great mid sized guns already out there.  That's what they were designed to be.

Is it just me or am I missing something?

Granted, SIG knows a lot more about marketing than I do...:-)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JustEd said:

Not crapping on it, but there are a lot of good carry guns out there.  There are a lot of good range or competition guns out there

The original P365 is a great choice for edc.  I don't understand why someone desires a gun designed which was optimized for conceal carry but was modified into a mid sized gun?  There are very many great mid sized guns already out there.  That's what they were designed to be.

Think of it like a G48 with more capacity.  Thin, high capacity, optics ready, comped, and different feel (ergos, trigger) than other comparable guns

3 hours ago, JustEd said:

So, i dont EDC currently. The 365/Hellcat both are grip is simply too small IMO, and i don't have a big hand. I don't think I'd feel confident sending rounds with precision with so little grip space. The XL gives that little extra grip length for me to feel confident on that.

Now, one thing i dont understand is SIGs lack of any type of safety? Thumb safety is a new feature on XL, but appears to be gone again on the Macro. Mistakes happen, i just dont see how there can be nothing. I am a big fan of the trigger safety used by Springfield or the Shield+, especially when incorporated with the backstrap style additional safety.

Edited by Fencersms
  • Like 1

Sig has as many safeties as Glock does. Just because there isn’t a thumb safety does not mean there are no safeties. Thumb safeties are only needed on hammer fired guns that you carry in condition one otherwise they can get you killed on the skreets without proper training and dry firing. 

p.s. carry a dang gun don’t you watch the news

1 hour ago, Il Duce said:

Sig has as many safeties as Glock does. Just because there isn’t a thumb safety does not mean there are no safeties. Thumb safeties are only needed on hammer fired guns that you carry in condition one otherwise they can get you killed on the skreets without proper training and dry firing. 

p.s. carry a dang gun don’t you watch the news

What mechanical safety is there? Like i said, thumb safety isn't my preferred, like the trigger/backstrap personally, but i am looking for something to provide that extra murphy's law protection.

3 hours ago, Fencersms said:

So, i dont EDC currently. The 365/Hellcat both are grip is simply too small IMO, and i don't have a big hand. I don't think I'd feel confident sending rounds with precision with so little grip space. The XL gives that little extra grip length for me to feel confident on that.

Now, one thing i dont understand is SIGs lack of any type of safety? Thumb safety is a new feature on XL, but appears to be gone again on the Macro. Mistakes happen, i just dont see how there can be nothing. I am a big fan of the trigger safety used by Springfield or the Shield+, especially when incorporated with the backstrap style additional safety.

You can carry  safely  a "modern" firearm which has no external safety (Glock, Sig, Hellcat). 

Good professional concealed carry training is highly recommended for ANY firearm.

If an external safety floats you boat, wait for Sig to introduce that feature.  They probably will.

jmo 🙂

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Fencersms said:

This model comes with 3 backstraps. I have 3XL hands so that's a plus for me.

I am very pleased with mine as long as I dismiss how much it cost me.  The grip is about perfect. The comp has cut back on muzzle flip a noticeable amount. I have even modified a 15 round magazine to use as a back up. I’m hearing a lot of Glock 48 holsters fit well and confirmed on a kydex holster for a G48. 

• Administrator

This is an interesting twist of events.  I don't see myself rushing toward this model since my Spectre Comp isn't even a year old yet and fits the exact need I had for it (smaller, controllable, accurate) in comparison to my other carry options.

Maybe Wilson Combat will offer a "Macro" grip model and I can dip my toes into these waters without committing to yet another Sig.  🙂

• Like 2