New Winchester .22 lever gun! Snaveba Look!

I stumbled across this video completely by accident. I'M STOKED!聽馃槏

I have owned a 9422XTR for many years. It's my absolute favorite .22 Rifle. I've always lusted after the 16" Trapper version. But those are super scarce and super expensive.聽馃樀

I just know Winchester will offer this new Ranger in a Trapper version soon. I WILL BUY ONE!聽馃憤

Meanwhile this new rifle looks great. I may get one of these too.聽馃槈

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Going to Outpost Armory, in Murfreesboro, to get a Max 9 for my Son-in-law, with my daughter. She wants to get one for his birthday. I will see if they have this rifle because I will purchase it if they do. Love lever guns and 22 LR. Have a Henry 38Spl/357 Mag. It is the most favorite rifle I have left. Everyone wants me to get it out when they visit. The 22 would be a good addition.聽 聽

• Like 1

Not having really looked at Winchesters I鈥檓 22LR before, is the excitement on this because Winchester hasn鈥檛 made one in almost 20 years, and the price is better?

How is this different than the 9422?

4 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Not having really looked at Winchesters I鈥檓 22LR before, is the excitement on this because Winchester hasn鈥檛 made one in almost 20 years, and the price is better?

How is this different than the 9422?

One thing most people don't understand is that the 9422 was Winchester's Top Of The Line .22 Rifle. The absolute best they could build. Forged steel and precision fit. As accurate and as beautiful as they could make. That's why used ones regularly sell for $1200-1500+.聽

This new Ranger does seem to have some things in common with the 9422, however it uses a machined billet aluminum receiver and all steel internals. Thus holding the price down. I really don't know any details. I do know it has the Winchester styling which I have always preferred as it simply fits me better than other style lever guns.聽

I haven't been this excited about a new gun in years.聽馃槈

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Snaveba said:

Can you really have enough 22鈥檚 or lever guns?

Answer:聽 NOPE!

I sent a link to this thread to some shooting buddies of mine from out of state.聽 I think there's about to be a "run" on this little fella...............

• Like 2

I was at Outpost Armory yesterday and did not have time to see if they had one of these lever guns. Walked by the lever gun case and they had several lever guns in stock.聽