Handgun Jams-Pastor Survives

I was really expecting the pastors gun to be the one that jammed. My mind went the guy having a jam while protecting his church. Kinda weird. I've have had multiple dreams of catastrophic gun failure in a crisis situation. Stuff like the barrel falls out.

The guy that grabbed him has some restraint 

• Like 1

A missionary told us that he got ambushed on the way to a small village somewhere in Latin America many years ago.  The bullet went through his coat, leaving a hole front and back, but it passed completely through his body with nary a scratch.  That really got the native tongues wagging about Jesus.  

• Thanks 2

That guy hopping the railing had some serious skills. I rewatched that part at least 6 times. That’s some athleticism with some adrenaline going fight or flight mode. Hero stuff. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Scotty said:

That guy hopping the railing had some serious skills. I rewatched that part at least 6 times. That’s some athleticism with some adrenaline going fight or flight mode. Hero stuff. 

Few people find themselves in that kind of situation and react with as much courage, skill, and quickness like that.  I'd be interested to know how much ground he had to cover in that short a time.

Hero stuff indeed.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Just another Kimber in action.  

I gotta say it wouldn't be one of my Kimbers-

I sure wish that this Kimber 1911's being a gun that doesn't work would die already-

I have multiple Kimbers and they all work all the  time-

It's getting a little tiring hearing it over and over from people that don't own Kimbers-

P.S.  A cheap shot at something that's not relevant to the story-Actually looks like a Bersa-

Edited by krunchnik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

I gotta say it wouldn't be one of my Kimbers-

I sure wish that this Kimber 1911's being a gun that doesn't work would die already-

I have multiple Kimbers and they all work all the  time-

It's getting a little tiring hearing it over and over from people that don't own Kimbers-

P.S.  A cheap shot at something that's not relevant to the story-Actually looks like a Bersa-

I don’t own a Kimber, but I used to have one and I’ll never own one again.  What a POS, but it was a sample of one.  After watching more than a few of them burp, choke, puke, gag, and take a dump in numerous IDPA and USPSA matches over the years, I’ll DAMN SURE never own one again.  The old ones seem to be good guns, but good luck finding one.  

FWIW, I didn’t see the gun jam in the video and I suspect the would-be shooter simply didn’t know what he was doing, but it’s always fun to rile up the Kimber fanboys.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Haha 2
Posted (edited)

Or a grip safety not disengaged, or a round not chambered, or a 15 pound DA first shot that took the guy by surprise, or a slightly dislodged magazine that activated a magazine disconnect, or a SA with the hammer down, or gun out of battery -- who knows.  The guy seemed a little out of it and I doubt he is any sort of pistolero.   

Edited by deerslayer