82% of NRA Members Want AWB!!!

So says Mayor Bloomberg around the 3:30 Mark.

msnbc.com Video Player

"I you do polling, you find that 82% of NRA members, 82% of gun owners think that assault weapons don't. . . er . . .eh. . . aren't needed for hunting and should . . . uh. . . be banned."

Anybody know anything about this poll and where I can vote HECK NO to the AWB?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

There was no poll. Anyone with half a brain can obviously see that he just made that up. Sounded like a moron while he was at it too.

I wonder where they get their 82% from,I'm an NRA member and watch Cam And Company every night that I can and the numbers the poll shows kind of conflicts with what I hear from the NRA.I for one do not think a AWB would never now or later solve any crime,possibly a law that states every law abiding person with a clean record should have to own a weapon for self defense.And it would need to be a semi auto.We can have our own AWB-ALL WEAPONS BENEFICIAL.I agree with the moron thing

Edited by krunchnik
change numbers
There was no poll. Anyone with half a brain can obviously see that he just made that up. Sounded like a moron while he was at it too.

Unfortunately, there will be many half-brains believing it. I wonder how many politicians/reporters are going to quote it like the "90% of guns in Mexico" quote before Wayne LaPierre jumps on it.

93.56% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

When confronted with this lie, I'm sure he'll just say, "I mispoke." Actually, he probably won't respond at all. His contempt for gun owners is on a level that even Obama aspires to. Carolyn McCarthy must've been feeling all 'warm & tingly' just being on the same screen with him.

I don't own an AR, I probably never will own an AR, don't even really see a purpose to have an AR. I am an NRA member. I will fight AWB simply because I don't want any more restrictions on gun types. We have pretty much eliminated the Automatic weapons (MGs), sawed off shotguns and grenade launchers. That was enough. If I let them take your AR 15 this year, they'll come back for my S&W 642 and Mossy 500 next year. Gotta draw a line somewhere, and just maybe the AWB is it!

You can own a sawed off shotgun with the proper paperwork. Some owners have ARs for the same reason another person may have a 150mph car or 180+ mph motorcycle. To show to friends, or just to look at every once in a while, such as a C&R weapon.

We have pretty much eliminated the Automatic weapons (MGs), sawed off shotguns and grenade launchers

I honestly do not understand why I cannot own these things. I know I can still get a fully auto weapon and a short barrel shotty if I jump though hoops and I should be able to get a grenade launcher if I want one.

I am honest and law abiding. A criminal will get the above items if they want one and not worry about the laws involved.

Jim Zumbo from Outdoor Life found out that not only NRA members do not support AWB's ... also the majority of gun owners in the US.

The Outdoor Life article went viral within 48 hours and the magazine's management "reluctantly" fired Jim Zumbo "for the time being."

The political arena is only now starting to respect the inherent forces unleashed by the internet that confront lies, deceptions and injustices almost immediately with reprecussions that are reverbrating in legislative and industry arenas.

These forums are important. It does not matter if they are firearms, auto, motorcycle, aquarium, gardening or whatever.

These forces, if we keep them well informed, well articulated can blunt the anti-gun and anti-second amendment agenda quite effectively.

The truth has always been a very effective weapon against disinformation, propaganda and lies.

That is why I participate. And that is why we all should participate.

Word of caution ... I can still find posts I created in the mid-1990's :rofl:

Being labled an idiot can be a permanent record.

Edited by Currently
Guest Whiskers

I call on the BATF to arrest Bloomberg for violating federal law. Isn't it true that he hired a bunch of private "dicks" to make "straw purchases" in VA and other states? Those who made the purchases acted as his agents to violate federal law.... yet no one has arrested them. I say someone should arrest him under the Rico statutes. He is more guilty than Scooter Libby!

Guest VolMickey
93.56% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think that's inaccurate. It was actually 93.5612%, oh wait, no it was -13%. What NRA member would support the AWB. Bloomberg is a dufus.

If I were to take a guess I would say he has been pumped full of statistics and studies and keep them all straight.

I would not be surprised if 82% of gun owners (but more likely just the public in general) said "assault weapons" weren't needed for hunting.

But that doesn't mean they think they should be banned since there is sport shooting and self-defense among other reasons. Maybe they even just said that they don't use them for that purpose, not that they couldn't be.

But he couldn't keep straight what he has been told about the NRA, gun owners, assault weapons and so on. So he looked like an idiot because he doesn't have any actual knowledge on the subject just a compiling of studies and statistics he has tried to memorize.