AMMO REPORTS

Guest SUNTZU

Guest TargetShooter84

Dumb question but I know that Blazer and Federal are the same company but why is Federal at $16/50 rds while Blazer was half of that?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh how do those shoot? I tried the Remington bulk packs put like 1 of every 10 snapped on me. I shoot the CCI mini mags now and have not had a problem. They are a little higher but they are cleaner burning and they don't snap on me.

Dumb question but I know that Blazer and Federal are the same company but why is Federal at $16/50 rds while Blazer was half of that?

I wonder if that's a price error at your WM (or maybe mine). The Federal and Blazer are the exact same price in .40 S&W at about 5 WMs close to me.

Guest TargetShooter84
I wonder if that's a price error at your WM (or maybe mine). The Federal and Blazer are the exact same price in .40 S&W at about 5 WMs close to me.

Actually, the pricing was on the price tag on the shelf while I was just curious and reading all those price tags of all the ammo that was on the shelves and I saw that Federal 9mm 115 grain 50 rds was for 16.97 or somewhere around that and just couldn't figure out why it was that high if blazer was half of that...you can get a 100 rds just for 3 bucks more....

It may have been the new "clean" ammo. The WM on next to east town mall is carrying that now at close to double the price of the blazer.

Yeah, WinClean. Maybe Federal has similar, I dunno.

Hey, btw, I researched that stuff a little after talking to you...sure enough, the shelf life of those "clean" primers seems to be 10 years or less in optimum storage.

- OS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TackleberryTom

Those Federal 550 bulk packs of 22's are great!! I went through 2 boxes in as many days and only had one dud, put it back in and fired on second try. I had a rem 555 pack and more than 20 scuds. fed 550 is best deal. just my $0.02, Tom

Those Federal 550 bulk packs of 22's are great!! I went through 2 boxes in as many days and only had one dud, put it back in and fired on second try. I had a rem 555 pack and more than 20 scuds. fed 550 is best deal. just my $0.02, Tom

I completely agree. The Remington is garbage and it doesn't matter what gun you're putting them in.

I completely agree. The Remington is garbage and it doesn't matter what gun you're putting them in.

Oh, I dunno...seems to run in batches and which bullet.

I don't know I've ever had a Remington ThunderBolt dud and I like the 40 grain bullet.

Seems I've had highest number of duds with Winchester Xpert HV over the last few months. But those Winchester copper plated that came in the 333 packs were great, fed in everything as well as MiniMags, but I only got a couple of boxes of them before they disappeared never to be seen since.

I agree that the Federal line seems all around as good as any, though.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Oh, I dunno...seems to run in batches and which bullet.

I don't know I've ever had a Remington ThunderBolt dud and I like the 40 grain bullet.

Seems I've had highest number of duds with Winchester Xpert HV over the last few months. But those Winchester copper plated that came in the 333 packs were great, fed in everything as well as MiniMags, but I only got a couple of boxes of them before they disappeared never to be seen since.

I agree that the Federal line seems all around as good as any, though.

- OS

I was only refering to the Remington .22 bulk packs. I've had no problems with any other Remington ammo.

Guest TackleberryTom
I was only refering to the Remington .22 bulk packs. I've had no problems with any other Remington ammo.

Same here.. Always had good results with rem ammo, but their 22 bulk packs are garbage. I wasted too much money thinking that I got a bad batch of 22's from remington. Never had a prob from federal, cci or winchester 22 wildcat.

Well, just so that we don't hijack this thread....I just bought a brick of 22 wildcats from Academy Sports in uh Madison I think. They had quite a few for $18. They also had a bunch of 9mm for around $13.

As the stock of rifle ammo (I've been watching .223/5.56 in particular) seems to be replenishing, prices are coming back in line too. AIM has 500rds of golden bear for $139, which is pretty good for brass reloadable ammo. They have some Centurion for $169 per 500. I've found this to be nice ammo, so that price is good too.

I am starting to regret buying that PMC at $220 for 500.

I found 9mm at Gander mt. in Jackson, but it is high priced. We stopped at the WalMart in Humbolt today and they had the Winchester 115 gr in boxes of 100 and 50. I had to buy two boxes of 100 for 46.23 out the door. They had 38 and 45 also. First time I've seen that much on the shelf for a long time.

I'm seeing plenty of .22 and I am finding .40 in the Tri-cities. Yesterday I picked up 200 rds of 9mm brass at the range. If they're leaving brass on the ground they're finding ammo.