Sacred Cows of Firearms Owners

TGO David

• 9mm is just .45ACP set on stun

• You need to carry a caliber that starts with the number 4 (.45, .40, .44, etc.)

• I only carry a revolver because semi-automatics are failure-prone

• A person shot with a .45ACP will spin completely around / lose an arm / disintegrate

• The sound of a shotgun pump being racked will scare a burglar right out of your house

• You need a shotgun for home defense because you don't even have to aim it, just point it in their general direction

All of these belong in the top ten...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• You need a shotgun for home defense because you don't even have to aim it, just point it in their general direction

One of my favs too, matter of fact, first time I took my shooty to Norris to practice, I did just that very thing, just pointed in the general direct and then said, "where's the holes in my target?", guess you have to aim after all!!!

If you open carry you immediately lose all situational awareness and will be shot in the back of the head by a criminal with the skills of a Marine Force Recon unit while you stand slack jawed with an RC Cola and a Moonpie in your hands while standing in line at the gas station.

+1 for moonpie!

- Cocked and Locked is unsafe...

- Shooting small groups into an unmoving target at a well-lit range while standing still and wearing hearing protection is great practice for self-defense...

- My gun doesn't jam...

- These +++P Extreme Black Ranger Sabre Ninja cartridges will give me the upper hand...

- I need a gas piston upper for my AR...

Guest Sgt. Joe

The dumbest things I have heard came from the outlaws.....err inlaws..

"Just what do you need a gun for?"

"So you are going to get a carry permit, are you paranoid"

And I think the dumbest of all....

"What are you going to do after you get a gun?"

• This AK/Glock/HK/etc. is so rugged/reliable, you could pour a concrete slab on top of it, jackhammer it out, load it with the wrong caliber ammo, and it will shoot without failure, underwater.
  • Birdshot is great for home defense because it won't go through drywall, but since it's a shotgun, it's gonna vaporize the bad guy when you hit him.

One day i am gonna use the I need a new handgun to be able to shoot better to get my wife to buy me a new handgun :tough:

- the 50BMG does not need to hit the target, just the shock wave will kill you.

- Glock-Fordy is the most powerful gun.

- the smaller the size of a hundgun the less recoil it has

-

Guest cjames38464

You dont need a gun for home defense, just get brinks, the BG always runs when the alarm goes off and the phone rings...They know the alarm company is on the other end...;)

:rofl:

I was having that conversation with Mike a couple of weeks ago. We all know that shotguns take the aiming out of a defense shot, because in all honesty, don't the BBs just come out of the barrel at a 45-degree angle, when they exit? With a shotgun, you can shoot the bad guys that are standing in front of you, and 10 feet to either side of you, without having to even move the gun. Effective! :screwy::P