Which do you prefer  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer

• 2 day Pistol
    • 3 day Pistol
    • 2 day Carbine
    • 3 day Carbine

Guest Paulie771

I think we may have a range to host Magpul if they have the dates open. I need to know if you guys want to do a 2 or 3 day class. I'm assuming carbine, but we could do pistol if you all wanted.

I've contacted Magpul Dynamics to see what all they need, information wise, now I need to know what you guys want. Here's the information for each class:

Magpul Dynamics | Training

Looking at their schedule, it appears that they can do both basic and advance in 3 days, if you all decide that what you want. So, which do you all prefer? 2 or 3 day, pistol or carbine?

Also, a preferred time of the year would give me a good starting point. I was think later in the year, October or November, but we could do up to August if need be. My thinking is it will give everyone time to save up cash and purchase needed ammo and gear, along with setting up vacations at work.

Paulie

Edited by Paulie771
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paulie771
I'm in for the 2 day pistol or carbine. If they can do the advanced class in 3 days, I might be able to swing that too. Maybe set the pistol class first then the carbine later in the year.

Where is the range located?

Columbia.

I'm up for 2-day carbine....

If we can do the class somewhere in Sept-Nov that would give me time to get the ammo required. as well as cost of class money saved up.

if a 3day course was over the weekend (like Fri, Sat & Sun) I'd be up for that too. it's eieser to get fri and sat off than 3days during the week (getting time off is like trying to pull a tigers teeth...with bare hands as it is.)

Guest Paulie771
I'm up for 2-day carbine....

If we can do the class somewhere in Sept-Nov that would give me time to get the ammo required. as well as cost of class money saved up.

if a 3day course was over the weekend (like Fri, Sat & Sun) I'd be up for that too. it's eieser to get fri and sat off than 3days during the week (getting time off is like trying to pull a tigers teeth...with bare hands as it is.)

This is exactly my thinking as well. I'm hoping for Oct.8-10. We can move it up or back according to MDs and CPDs schedules.

Guest sean@OT

Rock on Paulie get it rollin im in for any of it. Thats my wifes B-day but its ok i got a cool wife ive trained on her b-day for the last two years.

This is exactly my thinking as well. I'm hoping for Oct.8-10. We can move it up or back according to MDs and CPDs schedules.

Those dates sound good especially since Monday October 11th is Columbus day. The weekend dates sound good and I am in no matter what everyone decides.

I'm in for a 2 or 3 day but would prefer the 3 day. Ammo is ready and waiting from a class i was going to take last year that got canceled. I could probably stretch into a 4th day if there was a pistol component added but the dynamic shotgun would really float my boat for the 3rd or 4th day if possible.

Mark

Guest Paulie771

Well, looks like this isn't going to happen until next year at the earliest. I received this email earlier this week from Magpul:

Hey Mike!

Thank you so much for your interest in our Magpul Dynamics training courses. Unfortunately our training schedule is full for 2010 as it is done well in advance of it being posted. We start working on the 2011 schedule in the fall if you'd like to contact us then we can work on getting something scheduled for next year. Below is the link to our Hosting requirements to keep in mind.

Best Regards,

JILL REYNOLDS

Course Administrator

Magpul Dynamics

www.magpuldynamics.com

1.877.4MAGPUL x 126

Email: jreynolds@magpul.com

I'll try to get in touch with them in the fall to see about setting up a Carbine class for next spring or fall.

Thanks for all the interest fellas.

Well, looks like this isn't going to happen until next year at the earliest. I received this email earlier this week from Magpul:

I'll try to get in touch with them in the fall to see about setting up a Carbine class for next spring or fall.

Thanks for all the interest fellas.

Thanks for checking into it Paulie.

Guest ar34shooter

When are you planning to have this? I would love to have a 2 day carb 1 and then have the 3 day carb 2. also would love the pistol. If you can make it happen, I could easly get 3 from ETN to come down for 2011!!

Guest Paulie771

As I said in a post above if you had read the thread a little, they don't start making their schedule for 2011 until the fall. It will probably be either spring or fall of 2011, if Columbia PD can still host the class. Nothing is firm at all.