Rabbi (Bill Bernstein-Eastside) makes the Nashville Scene :-D

Guest jackdm3

I'm confused as to why the scabs are being deliberately pulled off again.

ie: this thread re-opened

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Don't forget the fact that Bill, the super nice guy, also made it a point to mock the death of a wife of a very well regarded member here. Several days after she passed.

I don't care if Bernstein suddenly gains the ability to heal the sick and bring about world peace, he will forever remain a piece of sh-t for that in my book. There are some things you JUST. DON'T. DO.

I guess some of you prefer to overlook that.

Wow. I must have missed that. I do know the situation but don't remember the mockery. There again, the online persona.

• Administrator
Wow. I must have missed that. I do know the situation but don't remember the mockery. There again, the online persona.

You know... I think it's pretty much a load of crap when people use the whole "online persona" theory to dismiss what people say or do online. Online Personas aren't rogue entities just running around spouting off crap on their own.

Some people just hide behind the keyboard and say things on the Internet that they wouldn't say in person, and it gets blamed on their "online persona". Guess what! Their online persona is THEM.

Guest Bronker
You know... I think it's pretty much a load of crap when people use the whole "online persona" theory to dismiss what people say or do online. Online Personas aren't rogue entities just running around spouting off crap on their own.

Some people just hide behind the keyboard and say things on the Internet that they wouldn't say in person, and it gets blamed on their "online persona". Guess what! Their online persona is THEM.

More of my "load of crap", but I really do agree with that, Dave.

Believe me, I'm not a Rabbi-apologist to any degree. I also know that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth shall speak. So I understand what one says often represents what they think and feel. My "online persona" remark was to detail my personal interactions with him. I don't take his poor behavior as personally as you do, and I'm already on record discrediting him as rude and obnoxious.

Don't forget the fact that Bill, the super nice guy, also made it a point to mock the death of a wife of a very well regarded member here. Several days after she passed.

I don't care if Bernstein suddenly gains the ability to heal the sick and bring about world peace, he will forever remain a piece of sh-t for that in my book. There are some things you JUST. DON'T. DO.

Don't forget the mocking of Marswolf.

I liked the guy up until I read what he had to say about Mars after his passing...

Gentlemen; can we please stay focused on the Scene interview, which is a good thing for ALL of us, and leave the personal ills and history behind, painful as they might be? If we cannot rise above this, the thread will probably be locked again, and we will give just cause to those that would relegate us to the pi$$ and moaners of the world. We are constantly fighting against such things. We serve no noble purpose to our 2nd amendment brethren, either living or deceased, by such bickering.

Guest jackdm3

"Don't forget the mocking of Marswolf.

I liked the guy up until I read what he had to say about Mars after his passing... "

That's the segue I was hoping for. I've never heard about Marswolf, but his last post was on 9-18-08 and he still has the fourth highest ranking for number of posts. Was he a formative partner in this? That number is astounding!

Guest BEARMAN

I did not know of this inflammatory posting by Bill. It obviously took place before my membership on this forum...my apologies to anyone offended by my post...sorry.

Bearman

Not exactly how that went. With that, Bill did dig holes that lead to him falling through. Good story regardless of what you think of him.

Not exactly how that went. With that, Bill did dig holes that lead to him falling through. Good story regardless of what you think of him.

+1

Now that the thread has thoroughly meandered off topic...how bout some "closure"...thanks for the reopen btw...I think steelharp beat us all on the most intelligent post...since we(myself included) wandered off topic again :tough:

Guest Drewsett

Ya, must agree with Steelharp that it's nice to see the Scene doing something that be can construed as even MILDLY pro-gun.

Score one for the gun owning public

+2 . But he does have a way of not letting stuff go. He was warned a few times. It is great the Scene published it for our collective purpose.

Strelcevina, glad you got some good deals. I have also in the past, things change and I for one will go elsewhere. There are good deals found everywhere if you look. LOL

Edited by R1100R
Guest mustangdave

Yep...The SCENE surprised me with this article...but they'll be back to their sences by the next edition. Might have to don my "para-military" garb and go check Bill's establishment out.

Have not been here in awhile, but feel a need to respond to this post...

No, most of us just grow up and get over it...

just my $0.02

Guest db99wj

just my $0.02

:D

Well I'm here a lot and feel the need to respond to this post.

If it were me and that was my wife....I would not get over it. If it was done to a friend, I would not get over it, if it was done to an internet acquaintance, I still wouldn't get over it.

As it was said, some things you just don't do. The rest of his antics didn't really bother me, if you don't like the rules, don't get upset when you are asked to leave, but crossing that line.....well, is something you just don't do.

just my $0.02

Are you socially retarded or something? If this were my forum you would be permanently banned for that remark

Wow...this is really gettin re-hashed? Bill never mocked that tragedy...what he mocked was the color pink because he thought it was some social clique...he never knew that it was because of the tragedy Eddie experienced. The way TGO David put it makes it sound like he did and thats completely not true. When Eddie's tragedy was brought to light he did not say another word about it and shut his mouth.

Paramilitary types? We're as much paramilitary around here as Bill is not an a--hole. :D

I'm gad to see that the Nashville Scene has nothing better to do than write a seven page smooch-fest about Rabbi. The author must have gotten a smoking deal on a gun in exchange for that journalistic abortion.

Wow....too bad to hear that. Bill is a great guy. VERY intelligent. Not sure I would call that article a "journalistic abortion"......Sounds like you just have something personal to deal with there.