Magazine fed shotgun

Ebow1

I'm looking to get a good shotgun that's magazine fed, box, not tubular. I was looking at an RAA .410 Saiga online but the more I look at the website the less I trust it, and it noticed it features plastic magazines. I'm sorry but I just can't put that much faith in plastic mags, anybody here know a good box magazine fed shotgun, if it has a large enough capacity I'd like to get .410 since I've already got a bunch of .410 shells lying around, but if not it's no big deal.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

If you want a 0.410 shotgun that takes detachable magazines the Saiga is your only real option.

If you look long and hard you might find a cobray/SWD "ladies home companion" basically a Striker-12/Street-sweeper chambered for .45LC and 0.410 shot shells. Fixed rotary drum with a 12 round capacity. Get ready to spend about $1500+ or so.

You need to do a little more research. Saiga's/AK's are the pinnacle of reliability. I've never heard of any problems with Saiga mags on any caliber. BTW RAA is the importer for the Saiga, which is an importable Russian AK.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

I did not comment on Saiga reliability but I should have. They are generally thought of as very reliable shotguns. Only real complaint I have is I would like the magazines to be cheaper.

Another thought. I believe I read somewhere, or saw somewhere that someone is making .410 AR uppers.

Am I correct, or did I just drink too much last night? :)

I think I saw one opf these at the last Nashville Gun Show...if not, then it was an AR looking 410...

Guest Jamie
And there we have it. Scientific proof that alcohol does NOT kill brain cells....:)

At least that's what I keep telling my wife...errr...whatever her name is

Just call 'em all "dear" and you never have to bother trying to keep up with names. :drunk:

J.

New plan. Purchase Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf AR15, and .410 upper. I was already saving up for the AR, but I was thinking I needed to get a shotgun as well to tactically round out my aresenal/collection. Now that I know I can do that, it's perfect.

New plan. Purchase Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf AR15, and .410 upper. I was already saving up for the AR, but I was thinking I needed to get a shotgun as well to tactically round out my aresenal/collection. Now that I know I can do that, it's perfect.

hehehe....let us know how the Beowulf works out for ya :rofl:

Guest smileyguy
I'm sorry but I just can't put that much faith in plastic mags

I wouldn't let those plastic mags stop ya. I don't know about the Saiga 410 mags, but may plastic AK mags have proven more robust than the original metals mags. The metal mags can get dents and dings which lead to the mag srpring or follower hanging up. I've had it happen.

Alot of people raised a stink when Ruger switched to poly trigger guards on the 10/22. The poly trigger guard was actually stronger than the original, surviving drop tests that snapped the originals like a twig.

Plastic has it's advantages, like corrosion resistance and rust proof, and it can be stronger in some uses.

Ya know, if you really want a box magazine as opposed to tubular, they used to make alot of bolt-action shotties back in the day. Mossberg and Marlin comes to mind. From 410 up to 10 gauge. Now those were only 2 or 3 shot mags, but still...:rock:

Excellent feedback guys, I've gotten plenty of info, but I'm more then likely going with the ATI .410 upper. Also I will most certainly be posting about it whenever I get my hands on the Beowulf. Unfortunately that's gonna be awhile, what with the finances being what they are.

Plastic has it's advantages, like corrosion resistance and rust proof, and it can be stronger in some uses.

I am fond of my plastic pistol.

Seriously though, I have never heard a complaint about a Saiga shotgun. In fact a lot of folks swear by them.

I personally prefer the feel of a SxS, but I use a pump for HD.

I wouldn't let a polymer mag make the decision for you, see if you can find someone who owns one, or a shop that will let you feel one out. I know here in town CCA can build them to suit, and I want to say they have a rental one, but I won't swear to that.

Just took a look at the ATI upper. It too uses plastic mags, and I know there was all that whatnot about them being more durable and corrosion resistant and all that but I just don't think I can bring myself to use plastic mags. Looks like I'm goin' for the Norinco trench gun replica.

I'm sorry but I do have a bias for using steel when it comes to weapons. You can preach all day to me about the benefits of plastic and polymers but in the end, I'll always prefer the feel of steel in my hands.