Hero-Gear: Hero 1911 CBOB (Pics)

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

I was able to pick up my 1911 from Hero-Gear today. Barely made it out there with the weather, pretty much hydro-plained all the way out there.

I had the chance to shoot it a couple weekends ago before it was "officially" ready, and it didn't disappoint. Great trigger action, and fit and finish is top notch.

The color is Mil-Spec Grey, but it has a green tint to it which turned out better than I thought it would.

Hero1911001.jpg

Hero1911002.jpg

Hero1911003.jpg

Hero1911004.jpg

Hero1911005.jpg

Hero1911006.jpg

Hero1911007.jpg

Hero1911008.jpg

Hero1911009.jpg

Hero1911010.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
Man, that thing looks sweet!

Can you order one without the "HG" on the rear part of the slide?

:popcorn:

I don't think so. It seems like I asked that way back when I first ordered it, and Jeff (their 1911 gunsmith) mentioned all the slides come that way.

Man, that thing looks sweet!

Can you order one without the "HG" on the rear part of the slide?

Its an option, but will contribute to much longer lead times.

Sweet!! Do mind telling the features and mods to it? Rough pricing? I'm looking into a full-size 1911 next.

Full zoot @ 1899.00

Minor pricing adjustments for things like threaded barrels, light rail, etc.

Its an option, but will contribute to much longer lead times.

Full zoot @ 1899.00

Minor pricing adjustments for things like threaded barrels, light rail, etc.

Thanks. Will try to get down in next few weeks.

Guest JHatmaker

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

The wait definately made it more fun waking up today knowing I was going to pick it up. Rain be damned.

As far as the specs on mine (or what I ordered):

Novak Night Sights (Trijicon)

Bobtail

Chainlink back strap

The rest comes standard; slide indentions on top, front strap checking etc. You can spec these out to the limit. Like Bryan stated in his thread, they really did an outstanding job, and this thing will be way more accurate than I ever could imagine being. It's awesome having local/TGO vendors who can produce such an amazing product.

This one is definately going to get a lot of carry time.

Guest JHatmaker
man, I've never been a 1911 guy but that is a seriously sexy looking pistol.

:D They'll hook you up and make you a convert...

Guest JHatmaker
I want the Tennessee flag patch.

I ordered that off the Internet, some lady hand sews them. I'll find the info and shoot it to you (unless you were being sarcastic :D)

Guest JHatmaker
Jaht, have I told you how pretty you are lately? :love:

* The above comment has absolutely nothing to do with how much I wanna shoot your new toy :dunno:

Awh, I bet you say that to all the fellers...:blush:;)