Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mayo??? on a hotdog??? :bored:

hotdog - mustard (yellow)

hamburger - catchup, mustard, mayo

turkey sandwich - mayo

roast beast sandwich - mayo

steak - salt and pepper

sausage (on a bun) - gourmet mustard (brown)

hotdog - mustard (yellow)

mustard on a nathans hotdog. ketchup KILLS hotdogs. although there is a place in hawaii that adds fruit relishes like mango etc and its one of the best places to eat in hawaii. im trying to find the recipe cause im dying to give it a try.

Guest Bluemax

Local dog= Chili, mustard, onion with slaw

Chicago dog = Mustard, Tomato, relish, onion and celery salt on a poppy seed bun with sport peppers

Guest 6.8 AR

I chose other because we buy hotdogs to give our real dog a snack. Lucy doesn't like mustard, but she likes hotdogs:D

I'm getting hungry with all these food threads.

Little mayo and mustard.

Gotta be a Nathan's dog, though, don't give me any of that other crap...

Oh you are so right. Nothing beats a char-grilled Nathan's hot dog. But the ones they sell in their little Nathans fast food restaurants are not the same. Got to be the pack from the grocer. Heaven on a a bun.

I like some mayo, pickle relish and onion on mine. Though mustard is exceptable on a hot dog.

Chicago dog = Mustard, Tomato, relish, onion and celery salt on a poppy seed bun with sport peppers

that Chicago dog has to be a Vienna Beef brand dog. Nothing snaps like a Vienna Beef. And the relish is not the typical sweet pickle relish, also the color of the relish is so green it looks like St. Patty's day.

Nathan's hot dogs are great as are those bought at stadiums or race tracks. We use brat's a lot at home... yum.

I picked mustard, but it generally goes like this.... Bun, dog, spicy mustard, chili, cheese, and slaw. :yum:

If there's no chili ( :eek: ) I use mustard and pickle relish.

Mayo on a hot dog? Freaks. :P

Guest PapaB

Chicago style.

When I lived and worked around Chicago they didn't use relish, it was a Kosher dill pickle wedge. King Gyros had some really good ones.

If not Chicago style then +1 on Nathans, grilled with mustard onion and sweet relish.

Edited by PapaB

Depends on the dog. A good high quality dog will get sauerkraut & mustard (just like a brat).

Now, one of my ex-BIL showed me that a cold dog with a little peanut butter was delicious!! Yeah, I know sounds gross, but I actually like it :P

Guest PapaB
Depends on the dog. A good high quality dog will get sauerkraut & mustard (just like a brat).

Now, one of my ex-BIL showed me that a cold dog with a little peanut butter was delicious!! Yeah, I know sounds gross, but I actually like it :P

How can we trust your taste buds after you've confessed to destroying a hot dog with a vile and putrid serving of rotting cabbage? :eek: