Knoxville Gun Show...What to expect?

Wow.......say something about the people showing up and they start getting cold feet and backing out.....sure wish I had a sick lawn mower or something to take care of tomarrow....then I'd bail too....:mad::cry:

:rock::panic::slap:

Smilies rule!! :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those first timers, look for the bunch of misfits hanging around together (most likely the largest group together) and simply yell "Olly Olly oxen free" and we will all come running....just wait for us :confused: but honestly, you will know us, this is a motley crew, although most of us are dashingly handsome, greatly toned upper bods, and best dressed bunch.

Guest RevScottie

Heading for the show. Look for me I'll be wearing tacticool pants and vest with my sidearm strapped to my thigh...on second thought I'll just wear my shorts and T shirt so I'll not blend in with the crowd. :confused:

Guest Caveman
Heading for the show. Look for me I'll be wearing tacticool pants and vest with my sidearm strapped to my thigh...on second thought I'll just wear my shorts and T shirt so I'll not blend in with the crowd. :blush:

Don't forget your HCP badge. :confused:

Guest TargetShooter84

Just got back from the show. It was not disappointing at all, I'd recommend those that haven't gone to go!

Found me Ruger SP101 so it's been a good day!

Sadly, I did not see any of those special TGO bunch of misfits today, but again, I came in around 11 or 11:30ish and I could've passed them and not have known it, was too busy comparing prices on some guns...looks like Springfield XD40 is next on my list! :wall:

I came for a few. I was after a couple magpul items and was pleasantly surprised to find them. Sporter Express and J&T Distributing got all my money. J&T always gets most of it since they carry all the AR goodies I like.

Good turn out from what I saw.

was there with the usual suspects. Don't know how anyone missed us, we spent half the time there blocking the aisles BSing.

I was looking for a SKS sight tool. Found a Tapco that was priced at 15.95. Held off buying to keep looking. Found another. There is a older fat guy in a wheelchair who sells surplus stuff. He is at every show. He told me that he had the only ones for 15 bucks and that there was another SKS tool but it was 50 bucks. I aksed him if I bought it would he stand by it if it did not fit right. The jerk told me NO WAY. I walked another fifteen feet to a vendor who had all kind of gun doodads. Sure enogh she had a SKS sight tool for 8.95 otd. I bought it and went back to wheelchair man and flaunted it in his face. It did not make him happy. I have bought something from him at almost every show I have attended. I could not believe he would not back up his merchandise. He will never get a dime from me ever again, the jerk that he has turned out to be.

Got a few other odds and ends but nothing major. I did pick up a very new looking bayonet for my 91/30. Pretty happy with that.

I give this gun show a big :wall:

forgot to mention post gaming. OhShoot treated me and my brother to a lunch of Scrugg's ribs, slaw and tator salad. It was deeelicious. Then we went out into my woods for a little bit of plinking with .22's. Lots of fun.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest TargetShooter84
was there with the usual suspects. Don't know how anyone missed us, we spent half the time there blocking the aisles BSing.

Probably a good chance you guys have seen me then, because I got really annoyed with people blocking the aisles along with couple people too and intentionally bumped the ones blocking aisles to make them move over a inch or two lol.

Probably a good chance you guys have seen me then, because I got really annoyed with people blocking the aisles along with couple people too and intentionally bumped the ones blocking aisles to make them move over a inch or two lol.

Oh, so THAT was you. ;):P

- OS

Guest SUNTZU

I hope your arm is okay.

enjoyed the show, good seeing the usuals again. Caveman - you gf's tattoo is awesome (what I could see of it), I think Suntzu is going to get one like it. Sorry we didn't hang and walk with most of you, I know the "stroll" takes several hours and I had to go work around noon so I had to look, stroll, and leave. My daughter enjoyed meeting all of you, she said the usuals were - "interesting". Nonetheless, great seeing/meeting everyone - when's the next one?

Guest TargetShooter84
Oh, so THAT was you. :P:p

- OS

I hope your arm is okay.

Haha, my arm is fine ;).

If you guys paid attention to who was around you, I was wearing a navy cap wearing a black shirt with a 4x4 shop logo, that was me.

Guest TargetShooter84
Sounds like %90 of the crowd

Haha, I did get some attention of people wondering what the 4x4's shop name was for and what they did, lol.