Ordered my new judge today!!!!

like the title says i went to direct hit here in jackson tennessee and ordered my new taurus judge public defender in SS. it will be my main carry when off of work, at work were issued M9s:down:......not a fan, but anyway i plan on carrying the federal brand .410 ammo made for the judge.

Ill get pics up and a range report as soon as i get it

Knox C.

Edited by knoxrocks222
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you enjoy; I personally have no desire to set off a shotgun shell in something handgun size. Let us know how it is!

It's not bad at all, maybe like a 38spc.

like the title says i went to direct hit here in jackson tennessee and ordered my new taurus judge public defender in SS. it will be my main carry when off of work, at work were issued M9s:down:......not a fan, but anyway i plan on carrying the federal brand .410 ammo made for the judge.

Ill get pics up and a range report as soon as i get it

Knox C.

I almost bought a PD Judge as well but hated the trigger, it's way heavier that the regular judge.

I don't carry mine as EDC but I do carry it around the yard while doing yard work (keeps mr. no legs away):D.

Jamie... hahaha that was funny i want that playing everytime i walk into the range hahahaha

jlm_r1.....direct hit is the best gun store in jackson imho, he has the cheapest prices in jackson on everything and is very 1 on 1 with everyone even if your just looking he wants to make sure you get exactly what you want and nothing less. i used to go to the outdoor store but they got to big headed and wont even look or talk to you unless you want a sig or a kimber or want to get raped on a trade:screwy:........im goin down there thursday to pick it up if you want to go ill be leaving my house around 1030a, just pm me if you want to meet up down there

kb4ns it will ship tomorrow and it will be there by thursday

tom....i think im going to go with the federal brand ammo for the judge but ill grab a box or 2 of the winchestors to ill let you know what i like better

thanks all keep the post coming, ill put up pics of it when i get it home

also this willl be my first revolver, is there anything i need to do right out of the box as far as oil or cleaning goes???

thanks

knox c.

Guest yzfMrLee

I work in Jackson, but I never really know what my schedule will be like day to day. And never know what part of town I'll be in. Maybe I'll catch you there if I have a minute free and I'm in the area.

well i went and picked it up today, i havent shot it yet so no carrying but i hope to hit the range tomorrow, i bought the federal brand 000buck and i have the winchestor brand ordered for carry, ill get pics up tomorrow with a range report

knox c.

I used to carry the Judge. With the 3 inch chamber it's inconvenient to say the least. I had a hip holster for it, but if you have that thing on your hip you better know for certain that you're not gonna be sittin' down anytime soon. I had a concealed carry vest that worked out really well for it, but I ended up trading in the Judge and a Bersa Thunder and picking up a 1911. I just didn't like the set up I had so I turned 'em in to start from scratch. Now I've got a 1911 and an 870 and I love 'em both. I will say the Judge sure was fun to own, and it makes for one heck of a conversation when people who know what it is hear that you have one. And yes, I kept it loaded with the Winchester Super X 000 buck.

Guest 10mm4me

There ain't nothing wrong with an M9. I'd carry a Judge in the woods, but no way as an EDC. It's big, heavy, low cap, and to IMO completely impractical w/shotshells for anything past 7yds, but congrats on the new gun.

Guest smileyguy
I'd prefer .45 Long Colts for an every day carry round.

Agreed. I have serious doubts about that 70 grain shot providing adequate penetration.

No doubt about a 250 grain 45 caliber bullet knockin' someone on their butt though.

Congrats on the new firearm. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Guest KustomHD

I love my Judge it is the 2 inch barrel & I do conceal carry it with a Blackhawk holster. I have fired it with .000 Buck , Bird Shot , and the new Winchester PDX 1 Supreme Elite which are fun to use , .45 Long Colt they have a KICK . Also the Judge is accurate and is a great conversation piece.

All yall with these Judges I'm just gonna throw out there that I've still got a box of .45 lc JHP leftover from when I owned mine. I know how hard that stuff is to find, if anybody is interested in it, send me a pm.

Everyone says it is useless past 6 or 7 yds., and it probably is, but in most selfdefense situations you are going to be less than 3 yds. and at that range a blast in the face or even in the chest ain't nothing the bg is goning to like. I have one and like it, at 15 yds. I can hit a 6 in. target all 5 times. It is a very fun gun, and with 3 in. mag. shells it is not at all bad to shoot. And like others said it is a conversation piece for sure.