stolen gun

I have has a 2nd generation G-17 stolen from my truck while it sat in my garage yesterday. I was 30 feet away when it happen and did not see anybody. The gun is well used and worn. S/N HL xxx. I live in the Hermitage TN area and a police report has been filed. any tips, drop me a line.

I hate to think that I need to close up the garage to cut the grass. :poop:

Thanks

Robert

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a report of some punks walking neighborhoods looking for people out doing yard work and they would walk right in while the homeowner was outside? It happened some where in the Nashville area.

Happened to me back in Florida in the mid 90's from then on I always shut the garage door.

It sucks for sure. Hope you get it back.

well if it makes you feel any better, i lock my house just to mow the yard! so sad we live in a day where you just can't trust anybody....I used to sleep with my windows wide open and doors unlocked and I lived in the city.....not today!

I have has a 2nd generation G-17 stolen from my truck while it sat in my garage yesterday. I was 30 feet away when it happen and did not see anybody. The gun is well used and worn. S/N HL xxx. I live in the Hermitage TN area and a police report has been filed. any tips, drop me a line.

I hate to think that I need to close up the garage to cut the grass. :P

Thanks

Robert

well if it makes you feel any better, i lock my house just to mow the yard! so sad we live in a day where you just can't trust anybody....I used to sleep with my windows wide open and doors unlocked and I lived in the city.....not today!

I lock my house to mow my grass, I also carry while mowing my grass.

Sorry to hear about your gun being stolen. Is it your only gun you have for self defense?

If I am going to be off my property the cameras are turned on and recording. Like everyone else my place stays locked up tight, even when I am home.

Anytime I go outside I have a firearm on me, even to the mailbox or just sitting on my porch.

Liars and thieves are the worst, unfortunately my brother and father both seem to have picked up those traits. My brother also has a nasty oxy/meth habit and has tried to kill me twice now because I refuse to give him any more cash. Whenever he runs out of money or thing to sell he goes on a tirade. Last October I had SWAT sitting in the creek in front of my house while LE were looking for my brother as he was heading to my house with a AK. Since then I ALWAYS have some sort of firearm on me or within 5 feet. He recently began stealing our mother's checks and writing them to himself causing her account to be overdrawn.

I hope they catch the slimy POS who stole your stuff. Too bad they don't have the same sentencing requirements as when someone steals from a FFL. If they did a lot of firearms thefts would not happen.

Dolomite

Guest oldsmobile98
Sorry to hear about your gun being stolen. Is it your only gun you have for self defense?

+1. Hope you have a backup handgun. I don't have one right now...

Guest archerdr1

If I am going to be off my property the cameras are turned on and recording. Like everyone else my place stays locked up tight, even when I am home.

Anytime I go outside I have a firearm on me, even to the mailbox or just sitting on my porch.

Liars and thieves are the worst, unfortunately my brother and father both seem to have picked up those traits. My brother also has a nasty oxy/meth habit and has tried to kill me twice now because I refuse to give him any more cash. Whenever he runs out of money or thing to sell he goes on a tirade. Last October I had SWAT sitting in the creek in front of my house while LE were looking for my brother as he was heading to my house with a AK. Since then I ALWAYS have some sort of firearm on me or within 5 feet. He recently began stealing our mother's checks and writing them to himself causing her account to be overdrawn.

I hope they catch the slimy POS who stole your stuff. Too bad they don't have the same sentencing requirements as when someone steals from a FFL. If they did a lot of firearms thefts would not happen.

Dolomite

sucks that you have to arm yourself to protect you from your own brother.
???.....

super-soaker-50.jpg

:cool:

Nope, but that is funny.

Actually what I do is take my LCP, place it in a rubber glove (like the hospitals use), tie the end of it and stick it in my pocket, I can shoot it with the glove on and unless I need to use it, it comes out dry.

I also have cameras all over so if someone was to come up here Ive got them on video.

An absolute +1 :cool::)

I wouldn't post your intentions here. Even if you didn't do it some POS attorney could make it sound as though your were trying to entice someone to enter just so you can shoot them. It would change a legitimate self defense shooting into something totally different and with the cost of defending yourself it could cost you everything even if you did win the criminal case.

Dolomite

Sorry to hear that your pistol was stolen. Hopefully it'll be recovered.

I lock my house to mow my grass, I also carry while mowing my grass.

I want to think no one would be stupid enough to try to rob me me while at the reloading bench in my garage, but as I'm near Memphis I should start to carry while reloading.:koolaid:

I'm very sorry for what happened to you. As others have said, it is a sad time when you can't even work in your own yard without locking doors. We lived in the Hermitage area (land of the bonnas) for 26 years before moving to Inglewood. (Yes, I know. Not much better, but we inherited an old family home.) And by that time, we'd acquired the habit of locking all doors on house and cars at all times. How very sad it is, for all of us.