Be Careful of Regions Banks

Guest Mudlizard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been spending a lot of time in Texas and most stores have a sign that reads something like it is a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a maximum of 10k fine for unlicensed carry on primises. The sign is on almost every door,Home depot,Walmart,McDonalds,Banks etc.

I think it's a way of keeping everyone happy and I totally respect the way Texas has handled the matter.The patrons that are opposed to 2A can't bi+@$ if the sign is posted and those of us that are legal have nothing to be offended by.

I have been spending a lot of time in Texas and most stores have a sign that reads something like it is a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a maximum of 10k fine for unlicensed carry on primises. The sign is on almost every door,Home depot,Walmart,McDonalds,Banks etc.

I think it's a way of keeping everyone happy and I totally respect the way Texas has handled the matter.The patrons that are opposed to 2A can't bi+@$ if the sign is posted and those of us that are legal have nothing to be offended by.

I like that. I wonder how much the indicriminating posting of the 'gunbuster' signs actually cost these businesses that are now displaying it.

oldogy

hmmm......i do all my personal and commercial banking with regions. I know as of friday afternoon my local branch wasn't posted. Although i get along very well with all the employees of this branch i WILL move my business to another bank if they post. Again, i am very happy with them but i am not about to walk into that bank daily with thousands of dollars cash without some protection.

Guest 270win

I've used Regions all over the Southern US and never seen such a sign. That must be some local manager that put that one up. There aren't signs like that in the Memphis area....or in MS or AR.

Guest db99wj

Haven't worked there since 2007, no policy was in place at that time, other than employees:devil:

I knew several customers that carried, one even came to my office and showed me his new HK, I hated him, he hated me, the gun hated both of us.:D Actually, we got along great, the gun however, :P

Guest DylisTN

I bank at Regions. No Posting at the Kingston branch today. Never seen a posted regions. If that changes, I'll change banks.

Guest tnxdshooter

Didnt see the one in Dayton posted or the one in Chattanooga there as you get off at lee highway. I will go and check them tomorrow. If they are Im switching all my money to sun trust bank.

asked the branch manager (personal friend) today about branches posting she knew nothing of it. I told her to fight hard if she was told to post. It will cost her a lot of commercial accounts in the area. Regions (unlike credit unions and some other banks) are VERY driven by numbers and "sales." If they think it will hurt their numbers i doubt there will ever be widespread posting requirements.

Guest Caveman

We use Regions for the store account. I went in yesterday after reading this thread and did NOT see anything on the doors as usual. After conducting my business (carrying) I happened to glance at the other entrance and they have that door posted. I never use that entrance so I have no idea how long the sign has been there. I said nothing and continued on with my day. Although I can still carry there as the door I use is not posted, I will be changing banks. I will also be letting the manager know why we are changing banks.