• No
    • Not always but frequently
    • Yes but not often

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Most of the time, if I am wearing pants, I am wearing my gun. There is one exception. After I scratched one of the chairs the day we got our new dining room set, the wife decreed that there will be no wearing of guns at the dinner table. My gun usually sits on the back of the couch or on the dining room table while we are eating now.

Most of the time, if I am wearing pants, I am wearing my gun. There is one exception. After I scratched one of the chairs the day we got our new dining room set, the wife decreed that there will be no wearing of guns at the dinner table. My gun usually sits on the back of the couch or on the dining room table while we are eating now.

We installed hardwood floor a couple months ago. While on the last couple of rows I needed a mallet that was just out of arms reach behind where I was sitting. I leaned back and scooted along. I had my knife in my pocket and dug a nice gash in my brand new ****ing floor. I have done the same thing to my wife's dining room table chair with a knife before.

I added the bottom two options.

I do not carry at home everyday but i do carry at home.

I'm never more than a step or 2 from a gun in the house or garage. I always have the LCP in my pocket regardless. After all, I live in (near) Chattanooga, the 11th most dangerous city in the United States. We're so proud. I hope it comes with a wall plaque or a trophy or something.

Cherokee Slim

Wearing my g19 as I type. I always have access to a gun except when I am in my office(that sucks and scares the hell out of me). I never work in the yard with a gun and a knife. My family calls me names, but I imagine that will stop if I ever have to defend them.

Guest Lester Weevils
I'm never more than a step or 2 from a gun in the house or garage. I always have the LCP in my pocket regardless. After all, I live in (near) Chattanooga, the 11th most dangerous city in the United States. We're so proud. I hope it comes with a wall plaque or a trophy or something.

Cherokee Slim

There do seem to be quite a few Chattanooga home invasion stories in the news nowadays. In "good parts of town".

Guest 1817ak47

always do at my house after having attempted break ins on our front door. I keep it besideh te shower stall close enought that the watter spatter usally gets on it everyday. but no rust cause it's stainless, not yet at least

Guest rsgillmd

Now I don't feel so paranoid. After purchasing my gun and getting training I started becoming a little paranoid about leaving my gun on the bedside table when I went to shower. I became concerned that someone would break in while I was in the shower and use my own gun against me. So I started putting it in the linen closet in the bathroom when I went to shower. At least now I know I am not the only one who brings it to the shower.

In general my gun is within easy reach at home, but I don't wear it.

I voted "Not always but frequently" not because I'm concerned about break ins and such, but because of the @#$%%^$ snakes and coyotes. Anytime I'm outside the house (and that's a lot) I'm carrying.

I bought my first handgun due to some very aggressive coyotes a few years back. Can't kill snakes in TN,:D but me and a rather large rattler met outside my garage door a few weeks ago. Big sticks are always in reach too.

My LCP is too easy not to have on me, no more trouble to carry than a phone. When I am out and about the farm I usually have something larger. My preference most days is my Glock 30SF. Most accurate gun I own.

Edited by johnnyvol
Typo, content
Guest Glock23ForMe

It is always within arm's reach. Whether that be on the coffee table or on the back of the toilet, covered with a towel, in the bathroom while I'm showering...

Now I don't feel so paranoid. After purchasing my gun and getting training I started becoming a little paranoid about leaving my gun on the bedside table when I went to shower. I became concerned that someone would break in while I was in the shower and use my own gun against me. So I started putting it in the linen closet in the bathroom when I went to shower. At least now I know I am not the only one who brings it to the shower.

In general my gun is within easy reach at home, but I don't wear it.

It's never bothered me that others might think I'm "paranoid". My safety and my family's safety are MY responsibility, 24/7. No one else's.