Web site shows restaurants, bars where guns are, aren't allowed in TN

Guest tnmom2amk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RevScottie
To echo BKelm, you need to find another argument. Guns ARE legal in (unposted) bars.

- OS

I thought that technically in the state of Tennessee you had to have a certain percentage of food sales in order to serve alcohol? Wasn't that part of the problem with the old legislation; there wasnt a clear differential between bars and restaurants? Aren't all places that serve alcohol in Tennesee still classified as restaurants and not bars??

I thought that technically in the state of Tennessee you had to have a certain percentage of food sales in order to serve alcohol? Wasn't that part of the problem with the old legislation; there wasnt a clear differential between bars and restaurants? Aren't all places that serve alcohol in Tennesee still classified as restaurants and not bars??

Beer doesn't matter, any place can sell beer, handled by each county.

Liquor, yes, there seems to only be one type of state license given out, that of "restaurant". Obviously, not all places that have the license are indeed restaurants.

The ABC will probably never clean up its act, but the fact is that it no longer matters what they're classed as, as far as HCP carry.

- OS

Guest StillKicking

Well said, Archminister01(in post # 10), some want to " dine in a gun free restaurant" oblivious to the notion that WE may save their life during a robbery. I guess some people will live in their fantasyland and try to screwup our reality.

Edited by StillKicking
clarify

My post on their "Contact Us" page:

You should change your tag line to "Eat in peril."

No sign can protect me from a violent criminal. It merely informs the criminal in advance that their intended victims will be unarmed. Therefore I will honor your sign, and carry my gun - and my cash - to gun friendly restaurants.

Any establishment that posts a "No Guns" sign is not a safe place to be - period.

Wonder how long before they close comments?

Guest KimberChick
Why help their agenda? If you send them posted places you're encouraging them, if you send them un-posted places you could create pressure from the libs on that restaurant.

+1

Little fish: "hey, big fish....how'd you live to get so big??"

Big Fish: "By keeping my mouth shut."

My comment:

Your statements (and site name) are misleading. You can rest assured that no law abiding gun owners will be carrying in the restaurants you list. The only people carrying will be the non-law abiding types. You don't really think criminals are going to pay any attention to "no guns" signs do you?

I tuned in to 99.7 WTN's morning show and caught tail end of the website being discussed. I distinctly heard the host say if the restaurant was remotely interested in banning they provided a gun-buster on the spot.

Anyone else hear the same?

I tuned in to 99.7 WTN's morning show and caught tail end of the website being discussed. I distinctly heard the host say if the restaurant was remotely interested in banning they provided a gun-buster on the spot.

Anyone else hear the same?

Some of you here may remember when I was going fu_king ballistic while the new law was winding it's way through the state house, pointing out how Doug Jackson had sold us out?

Well, exactly what I said was going to happen appears to be happening with the "international symbol" he was so up about. I said the anti's were going to go around handing out the stickers to those that really didn't care or see the harm of putting one next to the no smoking one on the door. There you go.

Some of you here may remember when I was going fu_king ballistic while the new law was winding it's way through the state house, pointing out how Doug Jackson had sold us out?

Well, exactly what I said was going to happen appears to be happening with the "international symbol" he was so up about. I said the anti's were going to go around handing out the stickers to those that really didn't care or see the harm of putting one next to the no smoking one on the door. There you go.

Hmmm...I don't remember you ever getting upset... :D

I agree the "international symbol" was the downside to an otherwise good bill.

I guess it is up to us to show how posting the sign can cause harm to their business by lost dollars from HCP holders and those that support the 2A....doing it calmly and with courtesy of course... :lol:

Here's my comments to the site.

I appreciate the listings of restaurants that discriminate against law abiding HCP holders, it let's us know not to dine and spend money in an establishment where the owners are bigots. I also appreciate the listings of restaurants that where owners are aware that HPC holders are some of the most law abiding, responsible citizens in the state, and the owners are not prejudice against an entire group of people like your basic racist is. I will be dining at one of the Bigot Free restaurants that's on your site later today.

Oh, I remember it well, and agreed all down the line.

I assumed there would be various organizations that would urge the use of the gunbusters decals, and maybe even send them out.

I was thinking more along the lines of the TN Restaurant Assoc. and the like, but doesn't much matter who all does it, outcome is likely the same, that being "oh why not, maybe it'll decrease my liability", or "maybe it'll make bad guys think twice", or whatever other dumb reason comes to mind - and the decal is already in their hand.

- OS